Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>How to be happy: Tips ?<

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile >How to be happy: Tips ?<

Hi Member's,

How to be happy: Tips for cultivating contentment;

*Note: "Happiness is owning & driving a Chevrolet Monte Carlo"

Are you tired of waiting around for happiness to find you? Stop waiting and start getting happy with these tips.
By Mayo Clinic Staff & `Space

Do you know how to be happy? Or are you waiting for happiness to find you?

Despite what the fairy tales depict, happiness doesn't appear by magic. It's not even something that happens to you. It's something you can cultivate.

So, what are you waiting for? Start discovering how to be happy.

How to be happy: What science tells us

Only 10 percent or so of the variation in people's reports of happiness can be explained by differences in their circumstances. It appears that the bulk of what determines happiness is due to personality and — more importantly — thoughts and behaviors that `you can change, >(Yes, YOU can `if you really want to seek happiness) Nothing really good in this human life is easy 4-Sure!! Your choice to be sad in life or work on being happy! I prefer `Happy!
per·son·al·i·ty
noun

1.the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.
So, yes, you can learn how to be happy — or at least happier.

Although you may have thought, as many people do, that happiness comes from being born rich or beautiful or living a stress-free life, the reality is that people who have wealth, beauty or less stress are not happier on average than those of who don't enjoy those blessings.

People who are happy seem to intuitively know that their happiness is the sum of their life choices, and their lives are built on the following pillars:
  • Devoting time to family and friends *& `Space
  • Appreciating what they have >4-Sure
  • Maintaining an optimistic outlook
  • Feeling a sense of purpose *Like contributing on the MCF
  • Living in the moment
How to be happy: Practice, practice, practice

If you have been looking for happiness, the good news is that your choices, thoughts and actions can influence your level of happiness. (you have 2 `be the driver of your `life to get, find happiness > Take control of you! > EnJoy your `Journey) > Don't let other's drive you to where you don't want 2 `be!.......... Your choice!!!!

It's not as easy as flipping a switch, but you can turn up your happiness level.
Here's how to get started on the path to creating a happier you.

Invest in relationships

Surround yourself with happy people. Being around people who are content buoys your own mood. And by being happy yourself, you give something back to those around you.

Friends and family (and your Monte Carlo Family) help you celebrate life's successes and support you in difficult times. Although it's easy to take friends, MCF Member(s) and family for granted, these relationships need nurturing.

Build up your emotional account with kind words and actions. Be careful and gracious with critique. Let people know that you appreciate what they do for you or even just that you're glad they're part of your life.

Express gratitude

Gratitude is more than saying thank you. It's a sense of wonder, appreciation and, yes, thankfulness for life. It's easy to go through life without recognizing your good fortune.

Often, it takes a serious illness or other tragic event to jolt people into appreciating the good things in their lives. Don't wait for something like that to happen to you.

Make a commitment to practice gratitude. Each day identify at least one thing that enriches your life. When you find yourself thinking an ungrateful thought, try substituting a grateful one. For example, replace "The MCF forgot my birthday" with "my Monte Carlo Family has always been there for me in tough times."

Let gratitude be the last thought before you go to sleep. Let gratitude also be your first thought when you wake up in the morning.

Cultivate optimism

Develop the habit of seeing the positive side of things. You needn't become a Pollyanna — after all, bad things do happen. It would be silly to pretend otherwise. But you don't have to let the negatives color your whole outlook on life. Remember that what is right about you almost always trumps what is wrong.

If you're not an optimistic person by nature, it may take time for you to change your pessimistic thinking. Start by recognizing negative thoughts as you have them. Then take a step back and ask yourself these key questions:
  • Is the situation really as bad as I think?
  • Is there another way to look at the situation?
  • What can I learn from this experience that I can use in the future?
Find your purpose

People who strive to meet a goal or fulfill a mission — whether it's growing a garden, getting your Monte Carlo the way you want it to be, caring for children or finding one's spirituality — are happier than those who don't have such aspirations.

Having a goal provides a sense of purpose, bolsters self-esteem and brings people together. What your goal is doesn't matter as much as whether the process of working toward it is meaningful to you.

Try to align your daily activities with the long-term meaning and purpose of your life. Research studies suggest that relationships provide the strongest meaning and purpose to your life. So cultivate meaningful relationships.

Are you engaged in something you love? If not, ask yourself these questions to discover how you can find your purpose:
  • What excites and energizes me?
  • What are my proudest achievements?
  • How do I want others to remember me?
Live in the moment

Don't postpone joy waiting for a day when your life is less busy or less stressful. That day may never come.
Instead, look for opportunities to savor the small pleasures of everyday life. Focus on the positives in the present moment, instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

* Member's, Please post your thoughts, comments & suggestions to be happy...Thank You!
Wish you a Happy Day > `Life. Don't 4-get to enjoy your `present What `if ?
* Everyone only gets so many days on their `journey of human `life & no one really know how many
they will get ? (Time is Life > Invest wisely)

We can only be happy now, and there will never be a time when it is not now.

I wish you peace, love & happiness on your `journey of `Life! >4-Sure!

Last edited by Space; 03-05-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Question How to `be really Happy ?

How to be really `Happy ?

Get a Monte Carlo '

Old 02-20-2014, 05:32 AM
Smile >Happy `Life<

9 Tips in Life that Lead to Happiness

Are you truly happy? Do you even know what it means to be happy and what it takes to achieve happiness?

These are important questions for anyone who is seeking happiness to ask themselves. ?

Live your life to maintain your own happiness while trying your best to not cause unhappiness to anyone else.

If you want to be happy you need to understand that you can be happy and that you should be happy.

Many people make the mistake of believing that they don’t deserve happiness and accept their unhappy state as their destiny.

The truth of the matter is that happiness, like anything else in life, needs to be nurtured. The following are a few tips to follow to create happiness in life.
  • Understand what it is that will make you happy. Everyone has unique requirements for attaining happiness and what makes one person happy may be very different from what makes someone else happy.
  • Revel in your individuality and do not worry about whether or not your desires are comparable to those of your peers.
  • Make a plan for attaining goals that you believe will make you happy. Your mood will very likely increase as your pursue your goal because you will feel better about yourself for going after something you value.
  • Surround yourself with happy people. It is easy to begin to think negatively when you are surrounded by people who think that way. Conversely, if you are around people who are happy their emotional state will be infectious.
  • When something goes wrong try to figure out a solution instead of wallowing in self pity. Truly happy people don’t allow set backs to affect their mood because they know that with a little thought they can turn the circumstances back to their favor.
  • Spend a few minutes each day thinking about the things that make you happy. These few minutes will give you the opportunity to focus on the positive things in your life and will lead you to continued happiness.
  • It’s also important to take some time each day to do something nice for yourself. Whether you treat yourself to lunch, take a long, relaxing drive in your Monte Carlo & you will be subconsciously putting yourself in a better mood.
  • Finding the humor in situations can also lead to happiness. While there are times that require you to be serious, when it is appropriate, find a way to make light of a situation that would otherwise make you unhappy.
  • Maintaining your health is another way to achieve happiness. Being overweight or not eating nutritious foods can have a negative effect on your mood. Additionally, exercise has been known to release endorphins that give you a feeling of happiness. Exercise by keeping your Monte Carlo clean & detailed.
  • Finally, it is important to understand that you deserve happiness. (Yes, you `do) Those who believe that they are not worthy of happiness may subconsciously sabotage their efforts to achieve happiness. If necessary, tell yourself each day that you deserve to be happy and remind yourself what steps you will take to achieve the happiness you desire.
Happiness is hard to define but most people are aware of whether they are happy or not.

Many people believe that happiness is a form of luck and that some people are destined to be happy while others are destined to be unhappy.

Try to incorporate the tips above into your life, The tips in this article are small but meaningful steps that you can take each day to lead you to true happiness.Wish you Happiness in `Life > EnJoy your `Journey...You only get one in your Human `Life!!!! ?

Last edited by Space; 02-20-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:48 AM
Smile >Create Happiness in your `Life<

Old 02-21-2014, 05:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's a good read philosopher 'Space! I total agree with advise of choosing to live in the moment and be happy.

Just the other day, at work, a bitter co-worker was telling me that we'd "never get ahead working here". I laughed. What is this "getting ahead" notion that people get? When are they "ahead"? I sure feel like I'm ahead already.

It's so easy to count our blessings. Compare your quality of life to the way most of the world lives. Maybe your neighbor has a nice new riding lawn mower that you can't afford - you have to use a rusty old one that is hard to start. Well, most people don't have a lawn. Millions on earth today don't know if they or their children will live through it or get to eat. Most won't know the joy of shoveling snow - so they got some blessing to count too

Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can agree that somedays just driving with no place to go can actually be relaxing. I most enjoy that in the summer when it is like 70s at night and no traffic. Just me and my car.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
It's a good read philosopher 'Space! I total agree with advise of choosing to live in the moment and be happy.

Just the other day, at work, a bitter co-worker was telling me that we'd "never get ahead working here". I laughed. What is this "getting ahead" notion that people get? When are they "ahead"? I sure feel like I'm ahead already.

It's so easy to count our blessings. Compare your quality of life to the way most of the world lives. Maybe your neighbor has a nice new riding lawn mower that you can't afford - you have to use a rusty old one that is hard to start. Well, most people don't have a lawn. Millions on earth today don't know if they or their children will live through it or get to eat. Most won't know the joy of shoveling snow - so they got some blessing to count too

Thanks `Brent for your post/words & sharing your insightful belief's on how you view life & living in the `Moment (That's all we get, one moment @ a time) > We can't waste them 4-Sure

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
I can agree that somedays just driving with no place to go can actually be relaxing. I most enjoy that in the summer when it is like 70s at night and no traffic. Just me and my car.

Hi `Zach, thanks for your post & sharing a great way to escape & enjoy your journey of life in a Monte Carlo

"Your future depends on what you`do in your present"
The > "Now" There's only one Now > NOW > EnJoy >There's goes > Now, > Oh there's another one > Now...
I wonder how many "Now's are remaining on my (your) journey of `Life ?
Oh, Be Here Now > in the `Present >WoW > EnJoy 4-Sure

Attached Thumbnails &gt;How to be happy: Tips ?&lt;-there-now.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 02-22-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:08 AM
Smile >In Search of Happiness ? Don't Give `up 4-Sure<

Old 02-23-2014, 04:29 AM
Smile Wish `you, yes you a Happy Life > Take Control <

Last edited by Space; 02-23-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:09 AM
Cool "It's within U 2 `be Happy" >Don't Give `up<

Quick Reply: >How to be happy: Tips ?<