Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Horsin' Around <3

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Thanks for the pics Britt! Great looking horses. Funny thing though. After seeing the Clydesdale, I suddenly want a Budweiser. The power of marketting I guess. Hope you get lots of time to spend with the horses.

Now get out there and wash the Monte.

Lou that is a funny pic.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Look's like fun. even if they are only 1 horse power. Any mods planned for the horse. LOL

Old 09-17-2011, 12:03 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Horses are fun as much as I don't like to admit it Great pics! Oh and thats how my monte looks every day, so dont complain haha.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:16 PM

Only rode a horse once, but what a blast, especially when you get it to run!!! Hard on the backside first time though!!

Mike

Old 09-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Any mods planned for the horse. LOL
(I can't resist this, sorry)

I think the first mod would be a fart-pipe exhaust.

I love horses. And the horses Britt posted are really nice animals. Thanks for posting Britt. And being a good sport.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Warhorse
Only rode a horse once, but what a blast, especially when you get it to run!!! Hard on the backside first time though!!

Mike
The first time I rode a horse was when I was a kid. About 7. It was fun when the horse was walking. But as soon as he started picking up the pace, I was bouncing around like crazy. My tailbone was sore for a day or two. Other than that, I loved it.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:04 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Look's like fun. even if they are only 1 horse power. Any mods planned for the horse. LOL
that was funny lou

Old 09-17-2011, 03:26 PM

I say open its mouth... it'll breath better

Old 09-17-2011, 04:13 PM

I grew up riding horses at my grandparents' place but I haven't been able to in years. Girl I'm talkin to has been riding horses for years and currently has a couple. I miss it. We didn't have time to ride last time I visited but hopefully next time it's nice enough and we have enough time to work with that I can ride. I grew up around quarter horses and arabians so the Walking Horses that are huge around here are a bit different for me LOL. The Kentucky Derby was one of the few things I paid attention to from that state before I moved there in 2001. There's something about a horse running full tilt that's just beautiful.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
That's what you call horse power. LOL. I hope you get to find your old horse and also that you get to do the riding that you want to do. I have a bunch of horses in my neighborhood.
You can't forget about your Monte and your monte Carlo forum family. Have fun. Gregg
Thanks. I hope I find her too. She was soo amazing and beautiful. Ha nice & don't worry I could never forget about you guys! This is like the only forum that I ever get on anymore lol

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
Wow! Beautiful animals. I don't blame you in the least for being gone for a while. Glad to see you again though.
Thanks! I never thought that I would have another chance to be into horses again until I was out of college so I really have to take advantage of this opportunity & not screw around & miss it. Only issue is that I am having is the fact that the monte is just racking up TONS of miles. It's an extra 30 miles to go to either one of the horses locations after I am done at the shop sooo yeah. It's killing the monte

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi Brittany,
Great to see you back to your Monte Carlo Family.
Thanks for posting & sharing your love/passion of horses...
Beautiful pictures & it looks like you are having `fun...

I've never riden a horse, but I love animals & would love to live in a area to have horses & ride..(another spacedream: ).

Look forward to your future posts...EnJoy Life 4-Sure
Thanks! Yeahh I figured it was about time to let you guys in on my lil secret. Ohh yeah I'm having a blast! Today was amazing too riding Dusty. It just keeps getting better & better. Ah it's unlike anything, to me it's like true freedom & the connection that you get with the horse is indescribable.

Originally Posted by augi
Good to see you Brittany...

All of those are beautiful horses... I especially like the first and last ones ... black horses wit earnhardt branding on it lol

But seriously... how tall is the white one youre riding in the first set of pics...

Here, they have a REALLY big horse show every year that is something to see for a horse addict like yourself.
Thanks! haha oh man wouldn't that be funny! In the first set of pics? Gammie is the first horse shown & she is about 14ish hands, I don't know the for sure height of any of them. Mist is about 15 hands. Lightning is the smallest I think, he is about as tall as Gammie. Oh really? Mann I loveee going to horse shows! It's so much fun

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Brittany thanks for sharing your other hobbie with us. Fantastic horses! Good to see you back again too.
Thanks & your welcome. THey really are

Originally Posted by Taz
Thanks for the pics Britt! Great looking horses. Funny thing though. After seeing the Clydesdale, I suddenly want a Budweiser. The power of marketting I guess. Hope you get lots of time to spend with the horses.

Now get out there and wash the Monte.

Thanks! haha yup that is the power of marketing. Those horses are like the prettiest horses out there. Yeah I hope I do too. I really love it. haha it did get washed today finally. It is finally black again! haha nice pic!

lol just to get Dusty toned up & beautiful. I'm riding him on uneven ground more often to help his muscles & balance work more to help him tone up quicker.

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Horses are fun as much as I don't like to admit it Great pics! Oh and thats how my monte looks every day, so dont complain haha.
ha I knwo aren't they! lol it's just irritating

Originally Posted by Warhorse

Mike
Omg it does! The first time I rode in 5 years, I rode 5 horses & my butt & legs hurt soooooooo bad for like the next week! It takes a while to get back into it enough to where your butt doesn't hurt. Yup running is a lot of fun! It's a real adrenaline rush, that's one reason why I loved barrel racing so much

Originally Posted by Taz
(I can't resist this, sorry)

I think the first mod would be a fart-pipe exhaust.

I love horses. And the horses Britt posted are really nice animals. Thanks for posting Britt. And being a good sport.
haha thanks & no problem. y'all are funny

Originally Posted by Taz
The first time I rode a horse was when I was a kid. About 7. It was fun when the horse was walking. But as soon as he started picking up the pace, I was bouncing around like crazy. My tailbone was sore for a day or two. Other than that, I loved it.
lol yup that's how it is on almost all hhorses besides gaited horse like walkers & trotters

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
I grew up riding horses at my grandparents' place but I haven't been able to in years. Girl I'm talkin to has been riding horses for years and currently has a couple. I miss it. We didn't have time to ride last time I visited but hopefully next time it's nice enough and we have enough time to work with that I can ride. I grew up around quarter horses and arabians so the Walking Horses that are huge around here are a bit different for me LOL. The Kentucky Derby was one of the few things I paid attention to from that state before I moved there in 2001. There's something about a horse running full tilt that's just beautiful.
Oh nice. Yeah you tend to miss it when you get out of it afte ryou had grown up with it. I grew up with Arabians too, absolutely gorgeous animals! We had a black arabian stallion that was to die for! One of the most beautiful horses I have ever seen. I also grew up riding Appaloosas and Quarter horses as well as the Arabs. Oh man yeah it is pretty awesome. I don't get to watch it too often though but in Ocala I lived close to lots of their big training farms.

Quick Reply: Horsin' Around <3