Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Honda or Harley? witch one do you like ? Why?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:40 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Honda or Harley? witch one do you like ? Why?

i have never made any bones about it im a Harley fan. but ahve been serioulsy kicking aroudn getting another bike.
looking today i can get a New sproster for aroudn 10,000
this is a 1200cc.

now i can also get a new Honda Shadow for about the same price that is and looks simular to the Harely dyna. And is about the same weight etc.....

here is the thing,
If i do this im trying to decid liek this.
do i go new? use?
i know Harelys will keep thier value and i would love to get another Supper glide .

but the hondas i can get cheaper and have a decent bike for around 3-4 grand in good shape if the numbers on line are right So im trying to get other ideas on wha tthey would do in this situation.

Also if i do get the honda i know i will ge tthe Harley later on anyway But it might be one of those things i wont need to get one latter on.

What do you prefer and Why? aside from all the jokes about marking spots or cooking rice. mine have never leaked oil and i have never had any of them cook dinner for me [&:]

Old 04-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Default RE: Honda or Harley? witch one do you like ? Why?

Don't ask me. I'll be 60 in June. The only Harley I ever rode was a AMF and I didn't get to ride it much; it being in the shop more often than not.

So, I became a Yamaha Man. I marvel at Japanese Motorcycle Engineering. I own two Yamaha Bikes and one of them is a rare 1983 Seca 900! Rode it today.

If I was forced to pick between Honda and Harley ... I'd pick the Honda. I like being able to ride for hours on end ... not have the ride end for hours needing a vibrating butt break!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Mod`Mickey,[/align][align=center]One of our Friends has the below 08 Shadow,[/align][align=center]He's a Big Kid, weights over 250 pounds,[/align][align=center]and the 750cc runs out super, with awesome power for only 750cc's[/align][align=center]I like Harley, but the V-Twins from Honda are[/align][align=center]super bikes for the $[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've rode `it and love `it. I may also be looking @ bikes.[/align][align=center]Let us know what you do. Good Luck..[/align][align=center]You should stop by a dealer & test ride one : )[/align][align=center]The 750 have a lot of power, and they sure are cheaper[/align][align=center]then the 1200cc, and better on fuel.[/align][align=center]
2008 Honda Shadow Aero Motorcycles
Honda Shadow Aero: Full sized looks with 750cc performance[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Full-sized looks and 750cc performance without the full-sized price tag. Sound like a stretch? Not when youre talking about the Honda Shadow Aero. Stunning is one way to describe its long, low, retro styling simply drenched in chrome from tip to tail and boasting classic valanced fenders, spoked wheels and five all-new colors. Staggering is anotherโ€”especially once you see that all this muscular V-twin style and performance could be yours for a mid-sized price.[/align][align=center]

2008 Honda Shadow Aero Revie

Review [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][center]Rugged retro styling, a big-bike look and feel, a low seat height, athletic handling and a price that makes it easy to own make the Aero the perfect machine for riders wanting more for less.

Test Ride
Wow, what a beautiful motorcycle... It feels great and is very comfortable and has such great balance too. The Honda Shadow Aero 750 is a beautiful cruiser and not overpowering or high torque like a crotch rocket. Itโ€™s a great bike for those who want to re-learn to ride on. Iโ€™ve been able to do things on the bike that I wouldnโ€™t have thought that I could. The light weight & perfect balance allow for slow speed maneuvering, especially in tight spots. This bike has been nothing but fun.
The Shadow Aero is an awesome looking bike that provides a lot more than another name brand bike at less than HALF the cost. I would have to say about this motorcycle is that it turns heads. Within several hours of riding it, I have had old, young and middle age people stop and slow down just to look at me and at this bike riding away. That made me feel good.
Conclusion
This bike has been ever

Old 04-27-2008, 07:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

The local harley shops happens to have both harleys and hondas on hand. Last time I was there I was looking at a Sportster 883. I thought they were real nice bikes and pretty cheap. Then I went upstairs and looked at the hondas. They were nice bikes but after looking at the Harley it just didnt look as appealing.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 AM

[align=center][:-]

7 models โ€“ Sportsterยฎ 883 starts at $6,695

Every firecracker fuse you've ever lit was just practice. Live wire performance with just enough flat-track soul, the Sportster is an open invitation to take back the streets.

[:-]

[color=#000000]
6 models โ€“ Super Glideยฎ starts at $11,995

Descended from the days of the first hardcore custom fanatics. Itโ€™s ground few dare to tread. Thick slices of steel and alloy served on top of a thunder-breathing V-Twin.

[IMG]http://a1276.g.akamai.net/7/1276/734/94fb0c3ed8a8f9/resource.harley-davi

Old 04-27-2008, 08:20 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

my dad said he had 1 harley.... hated it. vibrated all the time... he and a buddy with honda goldwing swapped rides to cross town one day... hwen he got off he said "I want one of those".. he went on to have 2 before getting married and she made him get rid of the 'ol bike.

from what i hear, the hondas are alot better for fueleconomy... if youget a small honda, it would be good on gas too.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

this is just my opinion, but if its not a harley its not a bike, nothing beats the sound of a harley, nothing beats the fact that you can say you have a harley, when i get my motor cycle licence and everything...my bike will definetly be a harley

Old 04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Whiz. i agree with the ethings you say.
I have owned both rice and and harley. but the harley is what i was put in a chair for LOL

but that was not the scooters fault it was the drunks fault.

but looking at the dyna is what i would really like or the supperglide version of the dyna. it is starting at over 10,000
the sporster is right at if not a bit over this 10,000 and that is for a 1200cc the only one i would think of the 883 with me would look like a monkey F%^king a foot ball.

the shadows i can find for under 10,000 new and also used for right around 3-5 depending ont eh year etc... and also it is cheaper on gas etc... but they are actually getting tuff to tell apart from sound alone if you put the right set of cams and pipes on them it can defently sound and even look like a Harley.

I guess this is how im looking at it right nwo anyway.
is for a quick fix on wanting a bike
Hando = cheaper bike and also one that resembels the dyna i like .

But the harley i could only affored a sporster or a dyna if i cna ge tthe finacing high enough and the payments low enough . and then it is a min. of 72months for adyna at almost 350.00 a month for it. basically the same i pay for the monte carlo right now.

If i ge tthe Honda i can get one for right aroudn 5,000 used and have it paid of fwith in a year or maybe twoat most and then i can look in to my Harley agian but this will allow me to have something to ride now.

Jsuts bites i really like the Harley's
hence the issue i have i have always wanted another one and the wife is liek go for it but at the same time im standing here goign i would kill my self at work to pay for it.

oh well will have to flip a coin i guess LOL
Thansk for the respons .