Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Why you like your Monte.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Default Why you like your Monte.

Just wondering why everyone likes their Montes'. I love my 98 because of it's classy look and the smooth ride. I have the small port 3100 engine, so if anything goes wrong (knock on wood) I can fix it hopefully cheap. But I love the interior other than the 1 cup holder, the inside is very classy with the woodgrain trim, and the power driver seat. Love the car, when I get the 18" on there it'll be something sexy.

This is why I like my monte. Love to hear you guys stories.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Why you like you Monte.

Because it's not every fourth car on the road

It's got a nice amount of power (and most importantly its faster than my friends' cars)

I really grew to love the color (and style)

Because it's my first car (bought in 02) , and I've personalized it

There are more reasons but overall it's just freakin awesome

Old 01-26-2008, 11:06 PM

I understand that, it's not every fourth car on the road, It's my first car too and I'm doin certain things to it, not really to speed it up but to make the body look better.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:16 AM

i'm with cully for sure. i see ALOT of Luminas from the same year but not alot of montes. let alone z/34's. loved the color from day one. and i love how the car drives all around. i can't wait till i get new struts and my strut tower braces installed.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:32 AM

the newer montes are rare around here, so I always get some looks when I drive around. Its big so I feel safer in it than a ricer, 2 door so people wont be askin for rides cause its a pain to get in and out of the back, and the 3800 is a big engine with some nice torque, and is supposed to last a long time.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the Monte Carlo in general for many reasons. First the name is one of those classics that will live on in every true car nut's memory. Right up there with the Impala, the GTO, Chevelle, and so on. My sixth gen is a little bigger than I'm used to, but I find the car very comfortable, and not worried about passengers being squished in the back seat. And the ride and power is great.

The Monte has a great reputation. It's a car you don't have to be ashamed of owning.

I like my specific Monte, because I thought it looked really dam cool the first time I saw it. All the little extra touches in all the signature series Monte's look really cool. I especially like the red and black color combo on the Dale Jr's. But something I find really cool is the whole collector car thing. I've never owned a real collector's item before. I can finally kinda understand what it feels like to own a limited production vehicle. It's not like owning a true '57 Chevy or a real GTO (the original 60's & 70's versions). But like Cully said, it's not every fourth car on the road.

Also, like most people on this site have experienced, it's fun to turn heads.And the occasional double take when your car is freshly shined up.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Well where should I start. I love the curves of the 5th gens. They look so aerodynamic. I also love the torch red paint. It stands out anywhere. I love the 3.4L because its rare and looks awesome when you open the hood. I also love that engine cause its got alot of power and will snap your head back in the seat on command. I love the interior. Its so comfortable. I have actually fallen asleep in it during my lunch break sitting at BK. It looks/feels real modern on the inside for a 97 and it has plenty of room for my 6'1" frame. It can haul4 other people and still get up and go, and the trunk is effin HUGE! The ride is very smooth and it steers easily, but it responds well when I need it to. The sound system is pretty good too. Factory CD and the 6x9s in the back hit pretty decent. I also like the fact that its a very safe car with 2 airbags and ABS. It also very good in the snow and on some very unsafe roads. I can be going normal speed on bad roads while everyone is slipping and sliding around and I cant even tell there is ice on the road. Its an all around good car for what I want and need and I love it.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

That's areally good question. It's kinda like the "how do you know you're in love" question, and the answer is about the same.
I've always been drawn towards the Montes, it's like their calling me, LOL. I've always had a truck but always said that IF I ever owned a "car" it would be a Monte Carlo or nothing. Now we don't really need two trucks in the family so I got serious about trying to get one.
I love the lines on the 6th gen., it's looks sporty yet refined and classy. Even though there are quite a few around here, I personally do not know anyone else with one.
Inside is much more roomy than I was expecting, I had never even been in one until I test drove mine. The seats just hug you. I knew from the moment my rear hit the seat and my hands were on the wheel, that I loved this car - hadn't even turned the key yet.
There's soooo much to like about it, it's hard to pin it down.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:24 AM

I like my monte becasue:
-Everybody and there grandma has a Grand Prix GT around here
-It only has two doors so i dont have to be driving everybody every where
-The ride is smooth even when i have my rims on and even smoother with the stockers
-I have been able to add my own taste to it and it is more mine than anybody elses now
-The trunk is huge even with my subs in it i can still get two sets of golf clubs in the trunk with no problem.
-The heated sets in the winter are a life saver when its cold in the morning or a late night out.
-The power the car has with no problem passing people on the highway
-The somewhat large after market for the 3800 engine.
-The overall look of the car is just so darn sexy.

thats why i like, i mean love my 2000 Monte Carlo SS

Old 01-27-2008, 02:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Since I was 12 years old and the 1970 Monte Carlos hit the streets they've been a car that spelled muscle, and style as well as luxury to me. More then once I saw people challenge a Monte to a street race. There was a time when one of the main streets in the town I grew up in was THE place you raced. Stupid? You bet! But we did it.

When the 4th generation Montes came out especially the SS models I wanted one so bad. A good friend bought an '86, then an '88 that were beautiful cars. He still owns the same '88 SS by the way. (wish I could talk him out of it as I believe it has 40,xxx miles on it right now)

The 2000 Montes when new I could see 4th generation styling in them. It only took a short time before I found myself wanting to own one of them.

How I managed to end up with an '06 LTZ Monte, well there's only oneanswer. And that's the Lord had a hand in my life. Something I'm very greatful for.

Quick Reply: Why you like your Monte.