Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

HEY TVM

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default HEY TVM

what is the mod you did on your air box? I have heard of others dong this but nobody has said exactly what they did.

Would like to knwo what you did i hae a air box that needs to breathe better to.

i dont like the cone filters they are not as good as folks think .
They are actully hp. thievefs if not installed corectly and out of the engin bay where they can get cold air and if they are not surounded they will cuse the car to lose some air flow.

I had drawen up some plas for mine to add a air scoop tot he bottom of the bumper behind everyting so it wold collect more air and cold air. but would need to mod the air box to have it work good.

So if you have etheir photos or a way to explain it i would sure like o knwo what you moded on yours
Thanks
Gages are on thier way!!!!!!!!! ust paid for them so i might have mine done before you LMAO!!!!

Old 05-30-2005, 08:38 PM
Default RE: HEY TVM

Well, what I did was pulled my airbox off the car and marked off all the areas that I could cut/remove to open up the airbox. I used a RotoZip tool that did the job nicely. The rain kinda ruined my plans to tear mine apart again for a DYI on it. Maybe next weekend. That being said, the airbox comes apart in two parts, use your imagination but don't cut too much or in the wrong places. Or it will end up costing you a new box...

The only thing I was halfway concerned about was the PCM which is housed in the bottom of the airbox, but it rides nicely with no modification.

TVW

Old 05-30-2005, 09:26 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

if you notice on the stock air box it causes the dirt to collect in one place. meaning that all the air is going in a small space of the big filter so the more air you can get into diff spots of the firlt hopefully the more air you can get into your engine

Old 05-31-2005, 04:52 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

thanks giys let me know if you get the DIY done i will have to get out and see if i can see it in my cr and where i can and cant cut it

if it cost me a new box i will be goign with a home made thrasher LOL
i have some plans for somthgn already but figure if i can get it to look nice ans still have good flow thre the stock box i would do it as i dont have a nother mount for the ECM right now