Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Hey, I'm not in Cleveland, I'm in California

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Hey, I'm not in Cleveland, I'm in California

Well, my work sent me Sunday from my home location in the Cleveland Ohio area to California!!

Originally it was pitched as going to San Fran, but it turned out to be first night (Sun-Monday) in San Franscisco and tonight in Annahiem. I fly home Wednesday. So far so good, but the weather here is NOT what I expected. It almost feels like the weather we have in Cleveland. I guess the fantasy of Cali always being very WARM is now ruined

Old 03-27-2012, 05:26 AM

..Wish you a fun/safe trip...What are you driving ? Did you get to the ocean ? How's the waves ?
Would you like to live out there ? Mentor, Ohio is a beautiful area..(I've travelled there on the Web)

Keep us updated ~> EnJoy
Space/Out

Last edited by Space; 03-27-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Huh I thought Cali was sunny and 85 with a nice ocean breeze everyday too, Now my thoughts of the place are ruined also.lol I hope you find a little time to enjoy yourself while your there even if it's not perfect weather.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Say Hi to Mod Michael!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 AM

I can sympathize - we went to Monterey and the Big Sur area a few years ago in May, and it was so cold and cloudy the whole time I only sat on the beach once. When we got there I was very disappointed - until we started driving south from Monterey. The scenery along the coast of California was amazing! I thought I was looking at a movie, it was so spectacular. The ocean had colors in it I could only imagine before. I hope you get a chance to sightsee while you're there - if you're in a Monte, it's going to be a little taste of Heaven! Post pictures when you get back.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Might as well get your Medical Marijuana card while your there. ROFL, a great souviner at minimum....

Old 03-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Love cali. S/F was my hang out on long week-ends. Used to live in Santa Cruz by the boardwalk. Enjoy!

Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 PM

Traveling for work is always fun. One thing I miss about the company I used to work for years ago. As we'd set up new offices I'd have to go out and oversee everything IT related. Working 7-2 shifts always allowed for time to enjoy the area. I was in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Las Vegas, and NYC for 2-3 weeks at a time.

Well it's only 40 here in beautiful sunny Ohio so at least it's better than here.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Well, I am currently on wireless at the air port, waiting for my flight home.

Each day here, I was at a different hotel. We spent one day at a site in San Diego, then after working in San Diego, we traveled to Annaheim, got into a hotel there and the next morning, stopped at a site in Annaheim. After working in Annaheim, off to Los Angeles, stay the night there so we are close to the air port for our morning flight home (and NOT fighting traffic).

Sadly, between working, traveling from one hotel to the next and getting dinner, not much time for site seeing. When in Annaheim we were RIGHT near the parking lots for Disney though!!!

My only regret is I have a 3rd Gen F-Body/Camaro Internet friend I've known since '99. Had I planned BETTER I could have made a trip to pay him a quick visit (his location was not really much out of the way from San Diego to Annaheim, kinda half way between). By the time I got in touch with him, I learned he was elsewhere in Cali

But, I may be out this way one or two more times. I'll plan better next time.

@Space - sorry no beach time. And with how chilly it is out here, I'm not sure I'd wanna spend time at the beach. I thought for sure I'd NOT want my jacket out here, instead, I'm glad I brought it..... Odd, my perception of California being much like paradise is ruined
But they do have moutains/hills and palm trees!!

Quick Reply: Hey, I'm not in Cleveland, I'm in California