Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

On her way out

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:44 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

JJ say it ain't so! I am sooo sorry that you have to give your Monte up, but I understand you have to do what you have to do.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:24 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Im pretty sure If I bought your car and found out it had a bad tranny Id go on a head hunt. If anything take it to a dealership let them take the crap. Just my opinion, because If I got a monte with a bad tranny and had to replace it, I probably wouldnt buy another one. It did happen to me and it makes me not really want another 6th gen.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:26 PM

X1 million. Don't leave JJ. We need you.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Well after taking her out on a drive a little while ago, I noticed that its not really the trans. What its doing is that when you take off, or come to a full stop and then take off suddenly, it hesitates badly. It has to be some sensor or maybe even the PCV valve. Kinda like when you have a bad carb and the butterflies are kinda closed a bit. I'll check it out tomorrow cause its already dark outside.

As far as the fate of the car, i really need a truck right now and have thought about maybe trading it on Craigslist for a full size truck. Either that or wait till tax time and get me something on Craigslist cash. Hopefully i can get me something running for under 1K.

As far as my status here on MCF, I am going to stay here. I really want to keep the car, but if i do sell it, i will be either hunting me down a 4th or a 1st Gen someday. But like i said, right now, i need a truck.

Lets see what the future brings.

Originally Posted by Enzo354
If anything take it to a dealership let them take the crap.
I'd love to , but i cant afford any kind of payments right now.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

JJ, have you checked out the goodyear place for a possible job??

Old 11-10-2009, 09:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Honestly, GoodYear really isn't that stable. Every time i go to Unemployment, there is a list just for people that are let go from there. That list is huge and they change it everyday.

And i know that a while back there were talks about closing it down and sending the plant to Mexico. It even made the local paper. GoodYear is trying to hold Lawton under a barrel. They said that if they dont get what they want, they are leaving.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

allright, sorry man, just trying to help you, i'll do whatever i can JJ!!

Old 11-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
Well after taking her out on a drive a little while ago, I noticed that its not really the trans. What its doing is that when you take off, or come to a full stop and then take off suddenly, it hesitates badly. It has to be some sensor or maybe even the PCV valve. Kinda like when you have a bad carb and the butterflies are kinda closed a bit.
JJ, that is EXACTLY what my car does, and it is quite a PITA to diagnose, i still dont have it compleatly solved, just better than it was, it used to stall every time i would take off from a traffic light. i did a pcv valve, and i also cleaned my MAF, which seemed to help quite a bit. i also found out i had a bad upstream 02 sensor, which was throwing all kinds of codes, so i replaced that, too. now it seems quite a bit better, i think if i put some better fuel in it & mabe a lil seafoam or something like that it would clear it up.

good luck to you no matter what happens, man!

Old 11-11-2009, 07:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

JJ, I'm sorry to hear about your Monte problems! But i'm happy to have read further and see that maybe its not so serious? I hope that is the case! Whether you have a Monte or not, you need to stick around here, even if its just once in a while! I hope things start to look up for you soon!

Old 11-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

JJ, I know I sent you a PM yesterday in more detail. I don't want to see you go either. Even if you sell your Monte, please know that you are always welcome here.

I'm glad it's not your tranny, but I've been getting a slight hesitation when I first shift from reverse to drive lately too. Not exactly the same problem, I know. But I know of a good website with some information on Monte Carlos.

Quick Reply: On her way out