Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Headed for Florida: MUST FIND SPACE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Headed for Florida: MUST FIND SPACE!!!!

Sorry to hear about your mom's family. I know it was a long time ago, but I imagine seeing the green 2 door must have brought back some painful memories for her.

I can understand your uncle Jerry's view on selling. I'm kinda the same way. That's why I trade my cars in now. Too much hassle to try and sell my old car. Plus the idea of having to continue paying for insurance and licence plates on the old car while trying to sell it. [:@]

I think those two cars need someone like your uncle Jerry. Someone who will keep them restored. I hate to say it, but most buyers would end up slicing them up. Engine & tranny swap, gut most of the interior and modernize it, trash the original wheels, and lower the stance. More ambitious buyers would even chop the top. Sure when it's done you got a really nice looking hot rod. But in doing so, you've lost a great vintage carin original condition.

I'm all for modding, trust me. But there simply aren't that many of those cars left inoriginal condition. Kindalike when Boyd Coddington took that restored 100 year old Model T Ford, in showroom condition, chopped it up and turned it into a rat-rod. For fans of "American Hot Rod", it was theill-fated rat-rod competition with Blue-Bear.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:46 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Headed for Florida: MUST FIND SPACE!!!!

yeah... i'd leave it just like it is if i had it... but my Uncle Jerry is 70 years old and had his knees replaced.. he could pass for 60 easy though... he's in good shape and as i said.. looks 60. he can't move around too much or his knees get to bothering him either. however, he can drive them good... i think he may have just lost interest. he said he cleaned up the chrome on that 2 door and they came out perfect... no pictures though. i don't know what he's going to do. i hope he don't park it in that shack again though.