Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

headed out

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Default headed out

im headed to miami today to see a dolphins vs buccaneers game. then on sunday im driving down to the keys to do some scuba diving till tuesday.
ill post pics when i return.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:48 AM

Thanks for the `Warning We will stay `off the Roads or I-95 : ) LOL
Seriously, it sounds like a super fun Trip to see the game, and also go 2 the keys...Hope you take some pic's and share them with your Monte Family, + a review of your mini vacation...
Wish you a safe fun `journey.....EnJoy

Old 08-15-2010, 04:11 AM

I hope you had a great time....Im a huge dolphins fan but unfortunately I live in Cali so I wont be seeing any home games anytime soon...might go to the fins raider game though...

Old 08-18-2010, 11:25 AM

so trip was great other than about the 700 dollars over budget.
we had a garbage PT cruiser that was horrible on gas. Hotels were nice with waterfall pool. Game was awsome, Dolphins won, of course.
should've got more pics. And the picture part of the video camera sucked so only half of our pics came out good.
Onto the pics.

The Game

After the win

in key largo where we stayed

behind the hotel

mile marker 0 key west

6 miles off keywest, coral reef snorkel tour location. water was so blue.

6ft shark 20 ft below us. hard to see with crappy underwater walmart camera. just left of center

15lb parrot fish

part of the reef

more fish

VIDEO of some dolphins we seen on the way back to shore. came right next to the boat after about 20 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L4IVg2Hn-Y

best vaca yet. we had an awesome time.
we stayed in key largo 2 hrs north of key west and then drove to key west.

if you ever go to the keys, dont waste your time, just go and stay in key west. there was no "blue" water anywhere else in the keys and it felt like you wer e in the middle of nowwhere until key west. if you ever go you have to do the snorkel tour it made the trip and it was only 38bucks per person.

will post more pics when i get them from the other camera

Last edited by HPNOTIQracing; 08-18-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Thanks for the `Warning We will stay `off the Roads or I-95 : ) LOL
That was funny! :p

Great pics! I enjoyed looking at them. Thanks! Other than the PartTime Cruiser, looks like you had a good time.

Apparantly all you had to do to make the PT Cruiser better is what some guy a few blocks away from me did. He took the SS badges off of a 7th gen Monte, and stuck them on the sides of his PT Cruiser. Apparantly that adds horsepower or something.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great pics, that water is so blue i'd like to dive right in. Im gonna make it my computer background.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Nice trip!

Old 08-18-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Great pics, that water is so blue i'd like to dive right in. Im gonna make it my computer background.
its more blue than what you see in the commercials. its really unbelievable. you can see 50 feet down easy. they let us dive off the boat into the water it was great.

oh there was also alot of barracuda between 2 and 4 feet but they were as docile as the shark was. i swam down towards the shark to get a closer picture but it just kept swimming away. the camera Does NOT do the water justice. its all foggy through the camera but it was crystal clear through the snorkel mask. visibility at 30 ft away was 100%

barracuda

Last edited by HPNOTIQracing; 08-18-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
That was funny! :p

Great pics! I enjoyed looking at them. Thanks! Other than the PartTime Cruiser, looks like you had a good time.

Apparantly all you had to do to make the PT Cruiser better is what some guy a few blocks away from me did. He took the SS badges off of a 7th gen Monte, and stuck them on the sides of his PT Cruiser. Apparantly that adds horsepower or something.
yeah i seen a 4 ft tarpon down there. he was haulin ***, but of course he had an SS badge on also

Old 08-18-2010, 01:13 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm glad you had a great time!

Quick Reply: headed out