Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Has anyone seen a wreck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:46 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy Has anyone seen a wreck?

So I officially saw my first dead person yesterday. Someone in an SUV (atleast I think) ran a red light. He hit a couple on a harley and killed the husband. The wife is in critical care. I drove by after the wife was taken away and the husband was covered in blankets.
It Pisses me off when people run red lights or do other stupid things.

So whats a story anyone else has?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

we have a road by us that is a bunch of hills and vallys, that when i was little i called the "Roller coaster road" because of the - Gs that you felt on the tops of the hills.

when i was little, me an my dad were doing about 60 on the road, same as anyone else, in his brand new 95 mazda pickup. we came over 2nd to last hill, and in the vally, with a swamp on one side and a rockface on the other, with no sholder on eather side. and heres this beat to heck caddy doing a u-turn across both lanes. my dad pumps the brakes, and the "newfangeled" ABS freacks out and the brakes do... nothing. he puts the truck in the rockface, as the caddy sped off up the hill. he jumped out, and chased the guy on foot about 200 feet up the road, but lost him. comes back and gets in the truck, throws it in gear, tries to go and spins the stupied non posi rear, because the truck is stuck in a culvert. we sat there for an hour till the next vehicle, a truck full of hunters helped push us out.... i was 5 years old....

Last edited by skylark65; 05-04-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:43 PM

late fall '08... Co worker rolled work van on the highway infront of me, doing 110km/h (~70mph?) the guy never wears his seat belt, but did that morning...

We hit black ICE with Chevy full size vans (no fn weight in the back... RWD..) anyhow.. i lost control of my van about 5kms before he rolled his but i managed to gain control ( im gonna go with 30% skill/70% luck lol.. i push cars to their limits for fun.. dont worry its either no one on the road or late night parking lots..) just i was about to Mike the other guy i saw his *** end give and he over compensated, the van did a 90 degree facing the grass centre median, hit it spun the van 180 degrees over the grass/snow and did a full rotation sideways...

Scariest moment of my life.. took me about 1/2km to stop my van... i ran twards his van and i could see his shadow, wasnt moving... as i got to the van he actually got out... only injury was a very soar wrist.. but i thought for sure i was running to a dead co-worker...

My one and only crash...I always said i wanted to see one happened.. i did, now im good...

Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM

Yes i have, more than I would have liked to, quite honestly. I also saw a friend of mine (walking) get hit by a car one morning when I was still in high school. Guess what the person driving the car that hit her was doing?...texting!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

That van story and rock wall story are insane. Was your friend ok 14dmn??

Old 05-05-2009, 06:47 AM

Hi `Brock,
I learned early in my `life, how fagile human life can `be 4-Sure.

When I was `bout 7 I worked with my g/father's friend
who had a tow truck, and I was the accident clean `up kid.

Most of the accident's were cause by stupid driver's, that
were way 2 old 2 be driv'in, or drunk/drugged driver's,
or kids that should not have been given a license : (

It was good $ 4 my age, & it did teach me how dangerous
it can be out there on our Highways of `life.
But, when I first got my lic. @ 15, I did do some stupid
driv'in..., but the past lessons are return'in since I've
got a few years older.

I know we should `all think that it could be us,
but we seem to block that thought, but
What `if ?
To me, it's a Big ReMinder 2 EnJoy your Now....
Now

Wish U & Reader Safe/Fun miles on your
Highways of Life
In your Monte Carlo's
4-Sure

Old 05-05-2009, 07:38 AM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

Dude that would be so messed up to have to clean that stuff up. How you have many safe miles now.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sadly I've seen a few accidents on the PA turnpike, northeast extension. A lot of people drive it like idiots because there are rarely any cops on it. I've seen a couple blind spot hits into a spin, and I saw one flip off the side.

Each time though it's important to know not to slam on your brakes while on a highway as people are behind you and traveling just as fast, if you can avoid the crash and not have to slam on the brakes just to "rubberneck" for the wreck, you can avoid having one yourself.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by 14DMN
Yes i have, more than I would have liked to, quite honestly. I also saw a friend of mine (walking) get hit by a car one morning when I was still in high school. Guess what the person driving the car that hit her was doing?...texting!
my uncle was hit by a car when i was 11, he lived but was in the hospital for a long time, could not work, and worst of all he had to sell his pride and joy truck ( my dads 95 mazda from above, only mildly customized) because he could no longer drive a stick.

6 years later, he is much better, and bought a truck he found that was a clone of his old one, ony it was an 02 insted of a 95, and had 60,000 miles on it, and was a 5 speed, 6cyl insted of a 4cyl. he pretty much cloned his old truck, he was goin to the store, and a van full of illegal mexicans broadsided him going 40 mph out of a parking lot. he drove the truck on 2 wheels for about 200 yards before it rolled twice. the truck was totaled.
it seems mazda trucks are bad luck, the previous owner of the 02 died of cardiac arrest standing next to it.......

Old 05-05-2009, 10:07 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I just saw on the news that a local woman who was on a motorcycle waiting at a stop light (and she was wearing a helmet) and she got rearended by a woman driving a newer Impala WHO WAS DOING HER NAILS and didn't stop. The lady on the motorcycle was killed. That kinda stuff makes me sick to here about!

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen a wreck?