Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you Happy ?
I'm happy all the time
15.00%
I'm happy most of my time
65.00%
I'm happy half of my time & then I wake `up
5.00%
I'm happy some of my time ? not much...
10.00%
I'm never freak'in HAPPY, I hate polls, I hate everything
0%
I think I'm happy, but I take (Med's)
5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

>>>> Happy Poll <<<<

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 05:55 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default >>>> Happy Poll <<<<

Hi Member's,
Checking to see how many member's are
`Happy ?

Please `Vote in above Poll
Are you Happy ? If not `Why ?
Do something, don't just sit there and
be Sad

<CITE>==========================
Defintion:
Enjoying, showing, or marked by pleasure, satisfaction, or joy. 3. Being especially well-adapted; felicitous: a happy turn of phrase. 4. Cheerful; willing: happy to ...5. Owning & driving a Chevrolet Monte Carlo </CITE>

I believe happiness is a choice, and I'd rather
be happy then sad 4-Sure..Whose in control of your Happies ? I hope that you are ?

What's your definition of `Happy ? What makes you Happy ?

Please post/share & check back to see how many MCF Member's are happy or Not..
I wish everyone happiness...Oh, wish you a `HAPPY

**p.s. I'm dedicating this thread to `Brent, cause
he likes POLLS & he's found the Secret to being Happy

Last edited by Space; 09-24-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:23 AM

Nine (9) Suggestions to `be Happy
(Post your advise/suggestions)
1. Forgive yourself

Forgive yourself for thinking negatively. Forgive yourself for talking, without thinking twice. Forgive yourself for being rude to your superior, your friend, your parents, or your siblings. Don’t think negative thoughts about yourself for taking wrong steps or making wrong decisions. This kind of thinking puts your focus on the problem and not the solution. It’s better to say good things about yourself than to say negative things. Always saying positive things about yourself is a sign that you have forgiven yourself.
2. Forgive others

If we want to make peace with others, we first need to be at peace with ourselves. Learn to forgive and forget and let go of things quickly. It is not good to resent and hold grudges. People who hold grudges and resent their past incidents often suffer from cardiac and psychological problems. The easiest way to forgive others is to assume that they didn’t offend us in the first place. If you weren’t offended, you wouldn’t have the course to be offended or to forgive others.
3. Stop thinking and talking about your problems

Instead, focus on the good in every situation you face and every person you are in a relationship with – including yourself.
4. Focus on being a blessing to others

Get your mind off yourself and focus on blessing others instead. When you bless others, the blessings will come back to you; it’s a wonderful phenomenon many don’t understand. After all, life is not all about receiving; it’s more of giving.
5. Be busy

The busier you are, the less time you have to think, especially, about something or someone who left you with negative feelings. Being busy is the best way to keep negative thoughts from provoking you repeatedly.
6. Recount the things you have achieved

Take some personal time to be with myself and recount the things you have achieved and the things you have. Counting one’s blessings and achievements makes one feel fulfilled and happy. We often hate ourselves when we feel we have not achieved anything. The best way to count your blessings is to write down whatever you have achieved. No matter what happens in our lives, we have life, air to breathe, food to eat, some friends, family and associates, a measure of wealth and a measure of health.
7. Develop a pastime

Spend your free time on the MCF or reading, listening to music, watching movies or other activities. This enables you to put your mind off the problems you are facing and the thoughts you have about yourself.
8. Be content with WHO you are

Don’t focus on things about yourself that you have no control over. Don’t strive to be like someone else. Don’t care about what other people think or say about you, when you’re not even sure whether they are right or wrong. When you do this, you relieve yourself of a lot of stress and anxiety. Be content with yourself, while you hope for a better you.
9. Never lose hope

There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel. Hope is something you can never afford to lose. With hope you always have a path towards happiness. Hope reminds you that everything will be ok. With hope, you know that whatever looks terrible is only temporary and that soon enough, things will be just fine.

Last edited by Space; 09-24-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Admittedly, there are times when I'm not happy but for the most part I am. I think that #8 in your post is a big stumbling block for a lot of people. Some get so hung up on fads, the latest fashion and what others are doing that they lose sight of themselves.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

well i'm in a great mood 99% of the time. But theres is that 1% of me that still at my age gets out of hand. I think too much happiness is the problem . Got to have some bad days. To make the good days. This time of the yr is really hard on me. Between late Oct & Christmas I get the Blues big time. But the day after Christmas day. I'm in such a good mood it isn't funny. I have so much energy its crazy. The reason is because were on our way to Arizona for 4 months. Talk about Happy. My wife thinks i'm crazy at times. I don't want around with a smile on my face 99% of the time. But people always ask. Are you mad. No i'm not mad. It's just not me to walk around with a dumb grin on my face. I like to mess with people to get a grin out of them. ... I like to see others Happy. or in a good mood. Today. I'm happy. Got a lot to do around here. And its going to be Sunny and warm. That's what the Doctor ordered for me today. Hope all of us get that happy feelin today at one point. Rick

Old 09-24-2011, 07:11 AM

Thanks Mike & Rick for your words/posts & contributions.

I know there are many bad things and events in our world, in our lives that can make us sad , but I believe everyone can be their own master and control their feelings...Not easy, but I've learned that nothing good is E.Z. 4-Sure...

I watch/listen to the local/state/national & World news and I can get very sad about all the bad that's out there..., but then I think that I am the one in control of my mind Yes, I do believe that ~>LOL...& I've learned that if I can not do anything about the bad, then I delete/block the bad from my mind & replace the bad with good/happy thoughts.

Then I log on2 the MCF and do my best to make my friends happy ~> ...That's all...Wish you reading this a Happy Day/Life 4-Sure...."EnJoy your `Journey of Life ~>Be your own Driver 4-Real" ~> Peace/Out from `Space

*p.s. It going to be interesting to see if the majority of our Member's are happy or not...I do really hope that they are Happy under their existing circumstances in `life...."Take Control of your `Mind 4-Sure" ~> "Be Happy 2 `be" Just look at what you have, instead of what you don't have...American's & Canadians have it better then 95% of the rest of the humans living on Planet Earth....(that maybe changing if we don't wake up and get things/people working again )

Last edited by Space; 09-24-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:05 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

I'm downright Manic!

Old 09-24-2011, 11:39 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Its hard for me to be happy..

Old 09-24-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Its hard for me to be happy..

Hi `Mike ~>"Never say Never" Take control & be the driver of your Life 4-Sure...Wish U a Happy 4-Real
and keep driving until you find it...It's out there ~> Keep Search'in.....
Never say never - YouTube

Click above link & listen to the `Kid What ? ~<>
I admit, I like some of his sounds & his message contained.

Last edited by Space; 09-24-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:56 AM

Im definitely always happy! 'cept when my wife complaints about her work day, then i have to pretend to listen. Makes my brain sad.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by netz111
Im definitely always happy! 'cept when my wife complaints about her work day, then i have to pretend to listen. Makes my brain sad.
Hmmm I wonder if this is part of Wife 101 class? Mine doe the same (she works at the post office) My Postal wench.

Quick Reply: >>>> Happy Poll <<<<