Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Had an Interesting Weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 09:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Had an Interesting Weekend.

So I went up to my Parent's this weekend because I visit them once a month, plus we were taking my Dad to the race at Pocono on Sunday. Kind of a belated Father's Day gift, since I was busy the first Pocono weekend. I also had some things I planned on doing with the Monte.

So Saturday morning looked like it could possibly rain, so I started early. Cleaned up the Monte, and put my stock head light housings back in. My black ones started to turn brown around where I sealed them up. I purchased them used for almost half price knowing they had a problem sealing up, figured I could fix it myself. Turned out it didn't look the best. Also I don't like the light output from them. They looked GREAT while they were on. But I've been doing a lot of driving, and night driving, and I want my full visibility back. I refuse to go HIDs. I will probably sell the black housing headlights for much cheaper than a new pair since they will require some work. But I forgot to bring them home with me, so I don't want to sell them yet since I won't be able to ship them for some time. But if there is interest, I will hold on to them. I figure $100 shipped would be fair and worth the effort if anyone wants them

Back to the stock look

Then I decided that I needed to polish up my rims. Something got on them, and they looked TERRIBLE. Also I haven't gotten a good polish on them since I bought them used. I cleaned them, but never got a good polishing done. I bought Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. Stuff worked great!!! Only I couldn't use my drill and attachments as it didn't work, just stripped the stuff off the rim and didn't polish, so I had to do it by hand

A little before and after...

^ Crazy right??

Next task, take off the side Monte Carlo scripts, and put on BRAND NEW silver scripts. It was cold and the rain was CRAZY HARD at this point. So I was able to get the old scripts off, and decided putting the new ones on was a BAD idea as the adhesive might not work great with how the weather was. And I didn't want to lose them driving on Sunday. So now my car looks like an 04 Driving around with just the SS sitting there. I'll put the new scripts on next visit.

That was the end of my Saturday with the Monte.

Sunday we went to Pocono!!! With the AMOUNT of rain that happened Saturday, the truck race was cancelled and they raced Sunday morning. We woke up nice and early and drove to the race, but the traffic was too bad and we missed the Truck race. Got there just in time to see Kevin Harvick sitting on the finish line celebrating.

Then we saw the ARCA race, nothing exciting there outside the first wreck.

Then we saw the Sprint Cup Race. Great race, 1 hour 50 minute rain delay kind of sucked

I will try to throw pictures of that up after I get them off my camera tonight and I'm not at work.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Like the before and after pic of wheels..,Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish works Great..love that stuff.. Hope you didn't get to wet at race..

Old 08-08-2011, 10:03 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Sounded like a very interesting weekend. The polishing looks like it turned out great!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:05 AM

15 Year Member

I got soaked :P Luckily we had cheap ponchos that I picked up at the dollar store on Friday. But they didn't do too much.

Oh yeah, also I jumped on the leather shift **** train.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Amazing the Diff in your wheels before and after!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i was wondering where u was at lol
big difference on the wheels

Old 08-08-2011, 10:11 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man that is crazy how diff those wheels look

Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Man that is crazy how diff those wheels look
I know! If I knew this was how they originally looked I would have been polishing from the start!!!

This winter I hopefully will be able to do the inside of the rim too. I figure one per visit to my parents while they are off the car in the winter time. This way my hands aren't killing me too much.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

The difference in the rims look AWESOME!!! Thumbs up on that!!
I think your stock headlights look fine. You've got aother better external visual mods <COUGH>spoiler<COUGH><COUGH>.
Love the leather shifter with the black button
Turly a shame these cars did not come STOCK with a leather shifter unless you had a Pace Car or other limited production model.

Now I think you need to do a puffy paint mod on the bow tie in the steering wheel

Old 08-08-2011, 10:52 AM

15 Year Member

What, you don't like my pathetic attempt with a paint pen over a year ago? (you can see it in the one picture with my shift ****)

Quick Reply: Had an Interesting Weekend.