Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Guy Cars vs. Gal's Cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Any car considered "cute", or uses advertising like this picture, is a girl car.

I want a car like that
LOL ~ LOL, yes there are those : )

Old 07-07-2010, 09:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think the general consensus is too old school so to speak, yeah most guys think girls like small cute cars...but to me that's simply not the case any more....To me now-a-days girls are getting more and more into the great hobby of cars...

There customizing them for car shows, and even racing down the quarter mile and many are doing the work themselves....so I think the misconception maybe a general and perhaps to broad a statement now-a-days...perhaps this is predomintently happening by me as I live in a big city and I see many girls into the car scene now

Just my 2 cents...

Joe

Old 07-07-2010, 09:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Space, you are a BAAAAAAAAD Alien. LOL

Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 AM

Guys and gals can have the same car, but describe it differently.

Guys: I drive a killer 2006 Monte Carlo SS. You know its got that 5.3 and the butter soft leather. Whooty whoot!!

Gals: I drive a blue car. Im team Edward!

Last edited by Snyderman; 07-07-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I think it's more an issue of some cars are plagued by stigmas given by the masses.

Such as the Mini-Cooper example earlier. I know a guy who is not a alternate lifestyle guy (that I know of), and he drives the Cooper S, put new rims one size larged on it with performance tires. It's a manual transmission and he drives it like a mad man. I've also seen guys bring the Mini Coopers to autocross meets (and they do very well with them).

You look at the remade VW Beetle and it normally screams girl car (it's compact design, bubbled look and the fact that most GUYS who like VW Bugs, like the motor in the original location).

But then there was the Hummer. I watched a show/documentary that talked about the Hummer and stated how the H3 was designed with specific concepts to strategically target a woman shopper. It's not that guys don't like the vehicle BUT they recognized a lot of guys had to "sell it" to their wives. So what's that say about the Hummer? It's not a "chick car" because of it's changed designs to appeal to women?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:47 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
I think the general consensus is too old school so to speak, yeah most guys think girls like small cute cars...but to me that's simply not the case any more....To me now-a-days girls are getting more and more into the great hobby of cars...

There customizing them for car shows, and even racing down the quarter mile and many are doing the work themselves....so I think the misconception maybe a general and perhaps to broad a statement now-a-days...perhaps this is predomintently happening by me as I live in a big city and I see many girls into the car scene now

Just my 2 cents...

Joe

I feel this is true in a broader spectrum.

(Case in point) The general public. Anything over 5 years old is old, and slow, and needs to put out of it's misery.

I think the majority of guys see an old or older car as one with possibilities. Or one they owned one when younger. So it holds a special place in their lives.

Woman (and this is a broad statement) gererally do not care. As long as it get's them from point A to B they're happy. Sure there are excteptions to the rule. And this can be true with guys as well. There are some guys who feel a car is aluminum, rubber, and plastic and that's all.

You could say a lot or most of us on here feel our car (spelled: Monte Carlo) is an extention of ourselves. Maybe even our soul. We connect with the car. We know it's likes and dislikes. What makes it run better.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Guy's car:

Gal's car:

OBVIOUSLY this fit's ALL the rules discussed above!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
Gal's car:

OBVIOUSLY this fit's ALL the rules discussed above!
What?! The guy who sold me my Solstice told me it was a man car....He even said the color was called Macho Pink.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Guy Car: Fast, Big, Loud

Girl Cat:<? Cute, Round, Small, Slow

other than that, you said it right.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Girls cars- Small, good mileage, pretty much always stock besides air fresheners and terribly ugly seat/steering wheel covers. (there are exceptions lol)

Quick Reply: Guy Cars vs. Gal's Cars