Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Gripes, complaints, concerns....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010 | 08:20 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Barovelli
I freaking hate monthly physical warehouse inventories.

There, I said it.

me too!..ours are bi annually...

Old 07-25-2010 | 12:35 AM
rj
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Larry, Curly, & Moe... Aren't they the Pep Boys from Pep Boys automotive?
(p.s. -- yes I know they're the 3 stooges. Love the stooges... wiseguy! {slap} )
You know....... you could be right?

RJ, with the miles being put on the Pace Car. I can understand why people like to trailer their car to shows. But you risk having people call your car a "trailer queen". If you can live with the label, fine. But on the other hand, driving the car is more fun.
Well, with a bit of luck the trips to/from Michigan are close to be being over. Still, those trips could number 10 or so till they're completely over. (not good)
We did get to use my dad's pickup the last trip with helped with miles on the Pace car. And it's going to take a truck for a couple more trips to MI to retrieve stuff up there. Renting a U-Haul will be in the range of $200 so unless we REALLY need one, that's kind of out. I thought of offering a friend lunch plus gasoline if he hauled some stuff back for us.

On the 06 LTZ -- how many batteries have you gone through on that car so far? Aren't you on the 3rd battery now?
Dang. Someone caught me.

Old 07-25-2010 | 09:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

the radio lights are all burnt out

the console lids are all broken,

one rear speaker is blown and sounds terrable but only on very humid days,

the a/c looses its charge after a few weeks,

lifter tap makes it sound like a diesel

its got dents & dings everywhere from the stuped PO

my junkyard tires are starting to dry- rot

gas guage dosent work

its STILL got a dead spot in the throttle that comes & goes as it pleases

but you know what?

im not doing a damn thing about ANY of that crap, 'caus as of right now its all trivial BS. the car's been good to me, lasted over a year, great on fuel, no check engine lights, and i run it about 60 miles a day without any issues. i can deal with the stuped lil things as long as it keeps treating me as good as it has so far!

Old 07-26-2010 | 08:07 AM
15 Year Member

I finally got my pioneer in and it seems that the right side of it doesnt go into the dash kit all the way, Its one of those things that you cant see untill you notice it, then once you notice it, it KEEPS DRAWING your eyes to it.
Then put my new muffler tips on yesterday and this morning my wife gets in to go to work and I notice one of them is in a little more than the other one!!!
I know you guys probably have bigger problems, but this is getting to me.
I wonder what other fitment issues im gonna come across

Old 07-26-2010 | 03:58 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

I hear ya man. I hate those little issues that you can see, but most others don't. It's a pride in quality thing. You want your work to be perfect.

Old 07-26-2010 | 06:34 PM
15 Year Member

Yes!!!!!

Old 07-26-2010 | 07:11 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

I think most of us here are like that.

Some psychologists would say that how you take care of your car is a sign of how you take care of yourself. But whatever. I don't think that's necessarily the case.

Old 07-26-2010 | 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by mrl390
This thread's sole purpose is to let you vent about any problems you are having with your monte lately. Whether is a mechanical problem, a cosmetic problem or just something that overall ticks you off about your monte. Let it all out and dont hold back. We all need to let off some steam.

Ill start it off. I found out today my water pump needs replaced. I am hemmoraging coolant every time the car is running. I also need to replace my a/c compressor and its going to be in the high 90s this weekend! WHY???????!!!!!! I also rolled around under the hood and under the dash of my monte trying to get the fog lights to work again, only to find out that Hella's design for their fuse holder sucks you know what and my fuse was arching and not making a good connection in the holder.
yeah, i mounted the switch in my dash of my truck to figure that out. best work of advise, buy new copper push ons and use them with a different switch, and put a in-line fuse in the power source wire, the one they have preinstalled is a 50amp i believe. screams car fire before the fuse even blows

Old 07-26-2010 | 09:15 PM
15 Year Member

I posted the "how somone takes care of their car, is the way they take care of themselvs" comment about a week ago on another topic. How about that?