Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Gripes, complaints, concerns....

Old 07-22-2010, 06:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default Gripes, complaints, concerns....

This thread's sole purpose is to let you vent about any problems you are having with your monte lately. Whether is a mechanical problem, a cosmetic problem or just something that overall ticks you off about your monte. Let it all out and dont hold back. We all need to let off some steam.

Ill start it off. I found out today my water pump needs replaced. I am hemmoraging coolant every time the car is running. I also need to replace my a/c compressor and its going to be in the high 90s this weekend! WHY???????!!!!!! I also rolled around under the hood and under the dash of my monte trying to get the fog lights to work again, only to find out that Hella's design for their fuse holder sucks you know what and my fuse was arching and not making a good connection in the holder.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I think your Z34 needs an Old Priest and a New Priest. Its probably possessed by Gremlins.

And no, no the AMC kind either. LOL

Old 07-22-2010, 07:11 PM

There is a small tear in the seam of one of my side air bags, i've been meaning to get it fixed, but lack of funds atm, and everytime i see it it pisses me off.
The steering wheel buttons are destroyed...almost. It also pisses me off thinking about how the hell the previous owner let them get that bad!

...that's more depressing than relieving. lol
but i let it all out.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:19 PM

My list suddenly got longer than I had ever hoped.

Needs hood, fenders, passenger door and rocker repainted, mostly pissed about the rocker as it is glaringly obvious. Passenger front rim needs fixing/replacing because that damn curb messed up the coating. Sounds like the ball joints in the front need to be done, transmission whines like a spooling turbo, front tires need replacing, and lastly, it needs new spark plugs.

And i can't afford any of it! lol! Tires first, then paint then the rim before winter comes. Sneak the plugs in there somewhere, and try to ignore the whining and popping as long as I can.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Just had to replace the damn fuel pump.

I need new tires, but might as well get different rims too 15" aint cuttin it.

Still need to buy a performance air filter recharging kit.

The bottom window seals on the driver side are sticking to the glass when I roll it down.

One big cigarette burn in the back seat carpet from stupid kid I never should've let it in my car in the first place

Coolant overflow tank looks dirty and grimmy on the inside

Powersteering rack started leaking in the winter, but somehow stopped?

Ugly gray cloth interior on that stupid split bench is dead on a Lumina's interior...

One taillight cover fell off on the highway and smashed up by a semi

and to top it all off the check engine light came on today!

Old 07-22-2010, 09:26 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ummm..... my biggest problem with my Monte is that the lights in the dash are starting to burn out. 7 years and 110,000 miles ,you'd think they'd hold up better. And my tires are worn, but I'm getting some Hancook Optimo H727's coming in tomorrow for it...

Old 07-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow, this list keeps on growing!

ABS/Trac-off sensor light is on, hopefully just needs cleaned?
TPMS sensor is out in the passenger front, TPMS sensors suck!
Wheel pressure sensors suck as well, they come on every morning when temp is low!

and some of the latest issues with other 06 3.9 owners have had, transmission going out, water pump needs replaced, something in the front end is leaking on God Bots car, same year and engine as mine!

not as bad as the above members but something more to be concerned about!

Old 07-22-2010, 09:34 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Power steering just goes out after hard driving.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:00 PM

I'd be happy just to drive my monte again. We've been spending literally 24/7 outside of work looking at houses and house info, and we've put in 6 offers, and lost out on 2 'dream homes' already because we were too slow to put in an offer. For being a buyers market- it sure is awfully hard to get a house, plus a lot of the nicer places seem to be selling for over list price.

To make that worse, once we do get a house- I'm not sure when the next time is that we'll both have off to make it back to Indiana to get all of our stuff and my monte. Looks like its either going to be Thanksgiving or Christmas, unless we can both manage to get a long weekend off (I still don't like the idea of flying home Friday morning just to turn around and pack a UHaul right away and drive 30 hours non-stop back just to unpack again all to go back to work Monday.

The downside is, we can't do ANY renovations on the house until I get my stuff out here- the only tools I have out here are my cordless drill, and a cheapy $20 tool kit (cheap hammer, screwdrivers, etc).

I know its not directly a rant about my monte, but it is indirectly related

Old 07-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

No Motor,trans, ect, needs new rims/tires, the cancer is geyting worse...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gripes, complaints, concerns....