Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

GOT TATS?/ Lets see what ya got!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Almost everyone I know has tattoos. Some have 1 or 2 some are covered. My one buddy is a piercer and is covered from head to toe but I have none. I have just never seen anything I wanted to have on my body forever. I always liked this one jesse james has.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:12 PM

I never understood people who get tattoos of cutesy pictures, fads, or things that don't really mean anything to them personally in some way. I wonder if they realize they will probably regret them someday? To each their own. Some tattoos are really cool and creative. Pretty much anything is better than a dolphin or a butterfly lol. I guess some folks express themselves in different ways, but that's just not my flava.

I got mine a few years ago at 18, even though I never planned on getting a tattoo, but it's all significant. I had it done exactly a year after my stepdad died, since we were really close. We talked all the time and he's one of those guys that comes up with some good bits of wisdom and one of the ones that stuck with me was "make plans like there's a tomorrow, live today like there isn't, keep yesterday in perspective for what it was, live on." Obviously that's too long to tattoo, so I just had the last two words inked on my right shoulder. Don't think I will be regretting it later on. Nothing showy, and I don't plan on getting any more. Had it done in his own writing, which was more or less difficult to pull together lol. Means a lot to me, and didn't hurt as much as I thought it would

Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Almost everyone I know has tattoos. Some have 1 or 2 some are covered. My one buddy is a piercer and is covered from head to toe but I have none. I have just never seen anything I wanted to have on my body forever. I always liked this one jesse james has.

Lou I thought that was pretty unique for sure....
But now that he no longer has or does the bike thing....I wonder even though he has his austin speed shop...If the meaning for him is still the same?
Its definately to each there own when it comes to tattoos...
Like I mentioned before, All my Tats have meaning and purpose!...
Certainly not something I will regret a year from now or 100 yrs from now...
Thanks Lou...... for Contributing to this thread....

There just may come a day...youll find something with meaning...and get 1!..(id be curious when you do and what you got)

Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt

and didn't hurt as much as I thought it would

Tattoos....DONT HURT !!!!!

THE MEANING AND PURPOSE OF YOURS!.. Is why you got that tattoo..

To me the feeling you get when getting the Tattoo....
Balances with the emotion of why you got it!...
Thus, its like wearing your heart on your sleeve. (As the saying goes)

Last edited by STUMPMI; 12-12-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 AM

Having a meaning to a tattoo always makes for a good story. That's the best part.

IMHO I think mine didn't hurt (sting, whatever) much because it took ten minutes and wasn't in a very sensitive spot lol. Choice location. I cringe whenever I see people with tattoos on the tops of their feet or similar. That HAD to have hurt.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Zen

I never had a tat hurt.Fell asleep during one

Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Most of my tattoos didn't hurt...but, if you ever get letters or whatever on your knuckles here is a warning.

WORST 15 minutes of my life. It felt like a knife searing through my bones.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Zen

I can't do tats on my hands.They would get messed up in 15 minutes from work

Old 12-12-2012, 01:04 PM

i plan to get the words "hold fast" on my fingers, where you got your tattoo Red Knightmare. i wasn't gonna get any on my hands, but i really like the look, and i was playing around with many different phrases. i don't think tattoos hurt to much for me not to get any, i can handle the pain. But i don't plan on getting any BIG ones. lol

Old 12-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013

Originally Posted by werewolf-odst
Man, I don't believe I would have been able to go through that. Wish I could have gotten color in my tattoos, they don't look good on my skin.
thank you! hey ya never know till ya try.

Quick Reply: GOT TATS?/ Lets see what ya got!