Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Good-bye Old Friend

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:31 PM

Aw. This is exactly how I felt when I sold my first Monte. Never even got to say goodbye... probably has the crap beaten out of it by now. Damn... now I need a moment...

Old 06-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

sorry dude...always sad to see a good car go

Old 06-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to see the Z go.
I had a car I wish I never got rid of. I think we all do. For my dad, it was a 59 Impala.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:57 AM

Hi `Brian,
Great to see you online, but sorry to read that you had to
let your awesome "Z" go to another home.
I understand 4-Sure.
I'm sure that you will replace it with another dream, especially working at CarMax & seeing all the rides
they get in and reconditioned as new.
Your working in AutoDreamHeaven
We hope we see you visit your MC Family more : )
How's your Monte running.
Post a update on your Life & how it's going.
Miss seeing you everyday online.
"Don't 4-get 2 Stop & EnJoy `Life"
4-Sure
Peace/Happiness to you & Family
The MCF Family & Space

Old 06-23-2011, 08:03 AM

Brian - Always sad to say goodbye to a good old car. I'm getting ready to do the same. After much indecision and hand-wringing, I've decided to put my old car, 'Alice', up for sale; Alice is a '90 Jag XJS. I don't drive her as often as I should, commuting most days on my motorcycle. Old Jag's need to be driven, not stuck in a garage, in order to keep in good running order. She's been a great car and I'll be sad to see her go. I'm just hoping I can find her a good home, somewhere she will be appreciated and taken car of properly. I don't want her going to the scrapheap like lots of old Jags due to owner neglect. Sounds like you found a good home for your Z28 - good for you.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Damnit Brian I asked you a question :P

Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Sorry to hear you sold the Camaro.

I'm getting flak from my mother to sell the '06 Monte. "You never drive it."
That's not the point. The point is: even setting in the barn 24/7 I still get enjoyment out of the car.

It's recent visit to the dealership and recent damage done by them is prompting my mother's comments to sell it. Not only did they scratch the top engine cover. I found 2 dents in the driver door. The body was SPOTLESS before they got their hands on it. "Oh we promise not to damage it." (LAIRS!!!)

Old 06-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
As someone in the market for an F-Body how much did you get for it because it could have been mine
Question bump.

I'd answer Mike if I were you Brian. Before the honorable Judge ChibiBlackSheep puts you in contempt.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:10 PM

As someone in the market for an F-Body how much did you get for it because it could have been mine
Can't complain on the $ side. They gave me $5500. NADA said retail was $6500ish and trade was closer to $4750. However the memory side of it... you can't put a price on those, Keep telling myself He's better off with them. He'll get the attention he deserves! He needs work, sitting as long as it did it needs a tune-up (plugs, wires, hoses, trans and diff at least), both window motors are pretty tired, AC compressor leaks, T-top seals leak, T-top sunshades need new fabric, rear quarters need a little TLC, but again it's a 16 year old car, not many of them on the road in any shape.

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Aw. This is exactly how I felt when I sold my first Monte. Never even got to say goodbye... probably has the crap beaten out of it by now. Damn... now I need a moment...
Feel your pain, were all friends here we can cry a little can't we?

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Brian - Always sad to say goodbye to a good old car. I'm getting ready to do the same. After much indecision and hand-wringing, I've decided to put my old car, 'Alice', up for sale; Alice is a '90 Jag XJS. I don't drive her as often as I should, commuting most days on my motorcycle. Old Jag's need to be driven, not stuck in a garage, in order to keep in good running order. She's been a great car and I'll be sad to see her go. I'm just hoping I can find her a good home, somewhere she will be appreciated and taken car of properly. I don't want her going to the scrapheap like lots of old Jags due to owner neglect. Sounds like you found a good home for your Z28 - good for you.
Agree, hated the thoughts of him sitting in the garage when he really needed to be terrorizing the neighborhood.

Damnit Brian I asked you a question :P
Sorry man, really didn't wanna re-visit a decision that I still have some regrets about, sort of apprehensive over checking on this thread and realizing that HEY, thats ME that sold my car!

Originally Posted by Taz
Question bump.

I'd answer Mike if I were you Brian. Before the honorable Judge ChibiBlackSheep puts you in contempt.
Understood, I know how he can get, then I tease him with the sale of an F-body. At least it wasn't a WS6! :p

And to everyone else, I wanna be sure you understand your support does mean a lot. I appreciate your words and your own stories, I knew I'd get the support I needed here. Some of the people at work they look at me like a fool... "Dude it's a car you never drove... it's just a car man!" No, no it's not! Some people just will never understand, I knew people here would!

Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Hopefully it is taken well cared of

Thanks for your reply :P

Quick Reply: Good-bye Old Friend