Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Gas thieves

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default Gas thieves

A guy on another forum had the gas stolen out of his truck this weekend. He had a locking cap on it so the SOB's crawled underneath and drilled a hole in his gas tank and drained it.
Just a heads up on what could happen with the fuel prices the way they are. I know it's kind hard to crawl under a Monte but I know lots here have other vehicles such as trucks.

Oh, he also had an alarm. Guess they didn't rock it enough to set it off.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Gas thieves

wow! whats it coming to know, i dont know about in the states, but in canada the government needs to step up and lower their taxes on the price of gas, because more than 1/2 the price of gas is tax

Old 04-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's a very dangerous way of stealing gas.
My dad used to have a locking gas cap on his cars in the 70's and early 80's.
I notice they are making a comeback now with the high gas prices.

It's a shame that it's come to this.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I grew up with locking caps on everything. When mom got her new truck about 6 months ago, she wanted a locking cap. GM told her that it would possibly start throwing that code (loose gas cap code) because it might not seal the same as the factory cap and GM doesn't make one.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM

i am in the process of purchasing a locking gas cap, dont live ina bad area but definitely some ******** out here who would do it

Old 04-28-2008, 05:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I have a solution for that. Ever seen any of the Red Greenepisodes? If so, you know the one where he electrifies his van with a bunch of car batteries because he is tired of people hitting his van with their door. He does it so the car door would weld to his van so they couldnt get away. Do that so that anyone who touches your car when its locked gets a jolt. Lol No bad idea but wouldnt that keep em away.

I found a video of that episode on youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9_A_E2renNE

Old 04-28-2008, 05:56 PM

That's terrible....well people will do what it takes, for instance: Before I joined the forum I had the catalytic converter stolen off from my Monte, thankfully I got the plate and followed the thieves with my loud catalytic converter-less Monte Carlo with the police on the line. $1,000 restitution because that was the quote from the most expensive shop around and he is in jail now. So even though Monte's are low--a theif will do what it takes.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:57 PM

Ya none of the locking caps will pass emissions tests here... i dont get it, your gas cap cant leak vapors, but the gas at the pump can drip on the ground. another one of rendells smart laws in PA it was to make money off of the equipent and new gas caps cuz no real genius would think of that

Old 04-28-2008, 06:41 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't know if this is the same incident or not but my g/f Deb told me of some guys stealing gas by drilling holes in the gas tank.

That's right up there with using a torch to cut the lock on a gas pump.

Sorry to hear it's of things to come if gasoline doesn't come down in price.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:31 PM

the thing is this is when you would love to throw a match at them as they are doing this stupid crap and birng in the marshmellows.

I hate this crap the monte is in the gradge but then the wifes NEon is out side. so at least it is the cheapest one to fill but even it is nuts at 40.00

Quick Reply: Gas thieves