Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Gas

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Default RE: Gas

Right on the mark. The profits of the oil companies and OPEC are priority #1. What reallypi**es me off is Saudi Arabia. When Saddam Hussein was knocking on their door after invading Kuwait, we went right there to help them. When we ask them to increase production to bring prices down, they tell us no. What will we tell them when Iran stirs up trouble over there?

Old 05-23-2008, 11:49 PM

i never saw the compreassed air cars in Germany. those would have been worth a try to see or find while i was there.
But if your talking the ones that say kompressor on the tail of them they are here. but those are not kompressed air they are supper charged cars. like the Benz. but instead of saying supper charged or blowen they say Kompressor.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Now that I think about it, Jay Leno ownsa number of cars that operate on steam. These are all cars that would be about 100 years old now. I remember seeing an episode of "My Classic Car with Dennis Gage" that featured Jay and his steam-engined cars. It was wild to see Jay Leno driving down a California freeway, PASSING OTHER CARS, in a 100 year old steam-engined car.

Mad717...
I suspect we will say "We'll be right there!". When I say "we", I'm including Canada too. Canadian troops are over in Afghanistan fighting the same fight the US is fighting in Iraq. MCF member Hyperfox is over in Afghanistan currently with the Canadian military.

This is why I say that the auto industry needs to get together (all manufacturers) and decide once and for all. Decide on a fuel/engine type that will work for everyone. Something (fuel) that all countries, no matter how big or small, can produce themselves. In my opinion, ethanol is not the way to go. It will just substitute corn for oil, and we'll have the exact same scenario with corn that we do now with oil. We'll be complaining about the greedy corn growers instead of the greedy oil companies.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:27 PM

Heaven forbid we cut into Pres. Bush's profit...I mean OPEC's profit. I really hope gas prices come down, because as gas prices and food prices raise, my pay rate doesn't. GM had an electric car in the mid 90's, but CARB (California Air Resources Board), and the auto makers killed it. It's NEVER about other people, it's ALWAYS about money, profits and number 1. I remember recently President Bush said that manufacturers are perfecting the battery and I couldn't help but think "huh, I thought it was perfected with the EV1." Ethenol is nice on the environment when it comes out of a car, but to produce it is very bad for the environment, it's a dirtier burning fuel, less mpg, so by the time you run a few tanks, you're actually paying more than you would for gasoline.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:26 PM

was just reading an article and this just pop out to make me say hmmmm:

"When measured on an inflation-adjusted basis, the current price of gasoline is only slightly higher than it was in 1922. According to the Energy Information Administration, in 1922, a gallon of gasoline cost the current-day equivalent of $3.11. Today, according to the EIA, gasoline is selling for about $3.77 per gallon, only about 20% more than 86 years ago"

Old 05-24-2008, 07:54 PM

Hmm, time will onl y tell if gas will go down.... We're too dependent on other countries... Like the first president of our united states said, don't **** with foreign affairs. Period.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: 98monte

Hmmm.. I heard sometime by december gas should be going down because they're going to start pumping out of Iraq finally..... should go down to 50 dollars a barrle.
source?

That'd be hella sweet if that came to fruition, paying over $4 a gallon like I did yesterday when I filled up is not where it's at! It costed me $63 for a tank of gas[:@]

Old 05-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Two days ago, it cost me $45 to fill up the Monte from half. And with the US to Canadian money exchange rate, that's about $45 in US dollars also. [:@]

Old 05-25-2008, 08:25 PM

What are we to me fellow friends? I now drive a 1994 geo metro more than my monte.... Basically because I have rims on my car now and I don't want any of my enemies to mess with it.. PLus I have Ant on my back window in white letters.. But shoudl I care what people think about my geo? I hate getting out of it though considering i'm 6'5'.. but ya know I could careless?

Ant

Old 05-25-2008, 09:40 PM

i dont have to many enimies so i dont worry about it and i have rims on mine to.

But if ya have a GEO metro i think i would be runnign the wheels off of it right nwo considering i am almost positive that it gets better millage thent he monte dose LOL

as for folks thinking anything about ya getting out. just politly step on them LOL

Quick Reply: Gas