Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

G8 Stock Taillights...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Montess2k
I was thinking about doing tinted tails...I actually didn't care about being hassled by the cops...I already am for other things and they don't bother me for my front covers...BUT here is what I was thinking

If the tails are tinted it would be hard for the person to see the brake lights go on, even lightly tinted during the day would still be hard, not to mention night time...Now if God forbid I ever get slammed in the back...normally it's a clear cut case of the other driving being at fault, but if they take pics and show proof my tails were tinted then they may have a valid reason and suddenly the clear cut case isn't so much...

Not worth that hassle imo...

Joe

im thinkin the exact same...i was gna tint my tails too but hell iv rear ended sumone and i cant let that hapen to me...just not worth losing my car for...and all the other legal stuff....love my car to much..

Old 07-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

this is stupid, either way, on the first picture you can see the inside of the tail lights so i would assume the light shines through.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Its not really that dumb especially when you nearly run into the back of a car with tinted taillights with your Monte cause they were not bright enough it direct sunlight.

Ask me how i know

Old 07-18-2010, 12:57 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Theres a point of tinting. Mine are visible, they have 2 coats of vht. Everyone can tell they are on and you can easily see the brake lights. Under the brightest light looking into the sun, you might not be able to see the regular light, but still see the brakes. Now when you see neons rolling down the street with 5 thick coats of VHT brushed on lol, thats what you almost rearend. It gives all of us a bad name, just like with tint. Theres just reasonable and unreasonable.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by The Popcorn King
I just read the entire thread and at the bottom and saw a pic of the guys taillights.

I defense of the cop ( mind you i rarely do ), I have been behind cars with tinted tail lights and have been in near accidents cause i could not see the stop lights in daylight.

May be dangerous i agree but it looks really good

Old 07-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
I was thinking about doing tinted tails... BUT here is what I was thinking

If the tails are tinted it would be hard for the person to see the brake lights go on... Now if, God forbid, I ever get slammed in the back...normally it's a clear cut case of the other driving being at fault, but if they take pics and show proof my tails were tinted then they may have a valid reason and suddenly the clear cut case isn't so much...

Not worth that hassle imo...

Joe
That's a really good point.

This thread is making me wonder if I really want to do my tail lights after all. Not because of the cops harassing me. I'm more worried about someone totalling the back end of my car because they were either on their cell phone, eating something, drinking their coffee, etc... Then try to get out of it by blaming it on the tint on my tail lights. So even though it was really their fault to begin with. I'd be charged for having illegal tail lights, my insurance would go up, and I'd be out of a car too.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:06 AM

Wow, i read this over at the gp board, and i am still as PO'd for the driver.
I hope he gets things figured out.
I wish i had a G8 ...

Old 07-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He did get it worked out with the cops. After he put untinted tails in. Jalopnik's story was misleading.

I'm wondering if this is a publicity stunt. G8board.com is getting a lot of publicity out of this.

Anyone on here got a story of outrage we can exploit and spread all over the internet? (just kidding)

Old 07-18-2010, 11:52 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
He did get it worked out with the cops. After he put untinted tails in. Jalopnik's story was misleading.

I'm wondering if this is a publicity stunt. G8board.com is getting a lot of publicity out of this.

Anyone on here got a story of outrage we can exploit and spread all over the internet? (just kidding)
Our cars dont have sidemarkers

Old 07-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

the cops chased me through the mountains of wisconsin all because i have tinted turn signals.

Quick Reply: G8 Stock Taillights...