Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, September 16, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 06:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Morning Tadd. Hope the weather is good for your weekend. Kind of cool here this morning 46 at 6:30 am Better then yesterday 33 at the same time. Means one thing to me. Getting closer for leaving for Arizona. Hee Hee.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:34 AM

Hi `Rick,
Great to read that you are working out 4-Sure...Have super fun with your grand-kids...Make some good memories.
Wish you a fun WeekEnd 2gether ~> EnJoy

Old 09-16-2011, 06:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Good Morning `Tad,
How did you like the Dodge ? Wish you a win at the Car Show for a good cause...Like your positive attitude & knowing that you are going to have a Great WeekEnd ~> EnJoy 4-Sure
I do not want to offend any Mopar fans here but the Dodge looked like a baby Charger. My associate and myself kept turning off the cruise control accidently becuse it was too close to where you hold the steering wheel. The ride was OK, but I belive the Deuce rides better. Seamed to get fair gas mileage. It lacked some of the things my Monte has but I am assuming this was just a striped down model as it was a rental.

I persoanlly would not purchase an Advenger... Still a Chevy fan

Old 09-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Morning Tadd. Hope the weather is good for your weekend. Kind of cool here this morning 46 at 6:30 am Better then yesterday 33 at the same time. Means one thing to me. Getting closer for leaving for Arizona. Hee Hee.

Prediction for tomorrow is 65 and sunny! I am stoked. My Deuce is going to help out a Police officer's family without getting a ticket

Old 09-16-2011, 06:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Tadd: Sent you a E mail...

Old 09-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mornin' all. TGIF! We've been in the mid to high 80s the last couple of weeks, but yesterday it dropped into the 60s. Today is supposed to be the same with a chance of some showers. A car show and a Blues festival...it sounds like you have a great weekend planned Tadd! The Blues is one of my favorite genres. During the free preview on XM I had the radio tuned to BB's Blusville most of the time. Hope everyone makes a good one of it today and enjoys this last weekend of Summer!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:02 AM

Thanks `Tad for your reply & review on your rental...I did not think it would come close to your Monte Carlo.
Thanks also for helping a Police Officer with the show...
=======================================
Good Morning `Mike,
I posted a wheel link in yesterdays blog if you are still looking...
Wheel Studio: online store for Wheel and Tire Packages | Discount Wheels, Discount Rims, Custom wheels, Truck rims, Car rims, Rim and Tire Packages, cheap wheels, cheap rims, cheap tires

.I also like to listen to jazz, but I listen to just about everything, but jazz is relaxing & great driving music : )
Wish you & member's a great day/weekEnd 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 09-16-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:23 AM

Mornin guys. Just got home from work. May get in a nap before I head to pick up the Monte at 10.

Miller, I always love calling cadence but I have always hated distance running with a passion. I absolutely love wind sprints and whenever we did to them for PT I lasted far longer than just about anyone else with those. I can do sprints all day. 4.5 second 40 in HS (not too shabby for a QB). After I blew my knee out and lost a nice chunk of my miniscus they put me on a P2 profile. I'll probably end up needing a knee replacement before I hit 50. Thankfully doing the walk now instead of the run has majorly lessened the rate of deterioration. It was to the point where I could barely walk following a PT test. I could do it but it put me in so much pain that I wasn't good for much. Sprints don't do that to me (mainly cause you more or less glide while sprinting instead of the constant up and down of distance running) but I'm sure the day is coming where I won't be able to even sprint as well. Hopefully them putting me on a P2 will push that day much farther into the future and at least allow me to make it to retirement. At least I can still do everything else effectively for the time being.

I will say though, that walk is no joke. Someone gave me a little grief for it till they saw me do it and how little time I have to WALK 2 1/2 miles.

Dustin, I sent you a PM.

Well off to take a short nap. I'll post some pictures when I have them.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:41 AM

Good morning everyone

Old 09-16-2011, 08:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, September 16, 2011