Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, May 13, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
HI all, IT'S FRIDAY!!!!! yay... yesterday was payday and i have a half day today....
Hi `Justin,
I hope you have some fun $'s left from your payCheck 2 EnJoy......& `yes, a half a day is so much better then no day @ all...EnJoy your day & WeekEnd...

Old 05-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi `Justin,
I hope you have some fun $'s left from your payCheck 2 EnJoy......& `yes, a half a day is so much better then no day @ all...EnJoy your day & WeekEnd...
$ whats that?

no i have some but i have to invest it into the intrigue

Old 05-13-2011, 08:58 AM

Wow justin... sounds like a good idea to go straight home.

I just realized that today is friday the 13th... good luck to everyone, stay away from summer camps.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

You know what is scarier than friday the 13th is

Old 05-13-2011, 09:30 AM

Hi Keith,

"Tomorrow is a promise to no one." 4-Sure~`Space
Clint Eastwood

Yes, we must extract the most from each
day that we are given 4-Real-Sure.....
What `if ? EnJoy your `Present, your Now...
WoW

Old 05-13-2011, 09:44 AM

Freaky Friday the 13th

May 13, 2011 is the only Friday the 13th of the whole year! And believe it or not, the superstitious may feel even moreout of luck on this Friday the 13th in particular. Why? In the science of Numerology, the exact date of May 13, 2011 reduces to ... you guessed it: the number 13.

The number 13 has been considered unlucky since medieval times, most likely because of its association with the number of people at the Last Supper. Friday, too, is seen as unlucky because that was the day of the crucifixion. For the superstitious among us, that makes Friday the 13th a double whammy. For the rationalists among us, the opposite is true, as we recognize that two negatives can make a positive.

All in all, it's sure to be a lucky day for some, an unlucky day for others and an average day for the rest of us. This is because the effects of our individual cycles far outweighs any broad, peripheral influences. The question for you, then, is how do you know in which category you will find yourself?

There are two different sets of influences that affect an individual at any given time, those that are internal and those that are external. Numerology calls your internal forces your "personal cycles," and considers them far more powerful than any external energies. This is the main reason Numerologists generally consider any possible universal negative influences of a date, such as Friday the 13th, to be negligible in relation to the individual.

The only people who are strongly affected by this superstitious date are those who suffer from a fear of Friday the 13th, a phobia called "paraskavedekatriaphobia." These are the folks who undoubtedly experience every Friday the 13th as an unlucky day -- such is the power of self-fulfilling prophecies. For the rest of us, the experiences of that day are affected 99.9% by our personal cycles, as reflected in our personal Numerology chart. Understanding where you are in your personal cycles can help you take advantage of the positive forces and limit the potential impact from negative forces.

As a human being you carry within you the forces and energies that influence the way you experience every moment of every day, and those powers are yours to work with. And contrary to popular belief, you have a lot of control over them -- it requires just as much effort to be miserable as it does to be happy.

You may, therefore, want to learn what personal influences are at play during Friday the 13th or any other day. Take advantage of the knowledge that is out there and use it to your benefit.

And did you know?...

-- The 13th day of the month is slightly more likely to be a Friday than any other day of the week.

-- Every year has at least one and at most three Friday the 13ths.

-- Just as many people are born on Friday the 13th as any other day, but there are slightly more people who die on Friday the 13th. The theory is that fear, with or without reason, can kill.

Last edited by Space; 05-13-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:49 AM

Happy Friday the 13th All ! It's also payday for me! Drive to work was nice. People seemed to stay away from the BLACK MC! Fine with me! LOL!

-Mark.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

afternoon all, just checking in. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Getting ready to head down and get my clay bar kit and get at it. Be on it most of the evening in my garage if it rains. Finished the work week now to start my work weekend. Just how it goes I guess.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all, Played all day with 2 year old grandson Logan , after leaving norman ok thu5/12/11 4:30 pm got home 12:20 pm rain all the way home

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, May 13, 2011