Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, March 13, 2015 >Check in and say Hi<

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Evening everyone, been still crazy at work lately doing way more than one supervisor should be doing but there is light at the end of the tunnel, a new supervisor starts Monday so here's hoping she stays and can handle the pace until things calm down. I started my week of on call this week, yeah (not really lol) but what can you do, I am taking the week of the 23rd off work as I still have 4 weeks of holidays to use by April 1st which I don't think is going to happen and they won't pay me out for them, yet at the same time I wasn't able to take them lol, go figure. On the positive during the week off we are playing at a big bar with a big stage and sound man and all the fixings, this is the place where all the bands traveling through play, and by that I mean bands that are getting frequent radio play, The Trews are playing there next week, and this week was One Bad Son, so kinda stoked about that (I could be mixed up on the dates as I have been busy but you get the point) so we are pretty happy to have gotten the call. Other than that life has been life lol, I hope everyone is doing well

Mel congrats on the pending addition to your family

Barbara I hope all is well with you

BBM thanks again for all the updates on space and it's nice to see you have some more free time to hang with us

Everyone else I'm glad to see life appears to be going well for you
Hope you all have a great weekend

Old 03-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

evening all, things suck and i'm flat out miserable. Gotta make some changes very soon.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:08 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
evening all, things suck and i'm flat out miserable. Gotta make some changes very soon.
Sorry to hear Keane, I am going to assume your speaking of your work situation?

Old 03-13-2015, 09:17 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Ken- Things are going well. Thanks!! Hoping it stops raining so I can get some work done on the car. If not, I guess I just get wet because there is work to do...LOL
Wow that is cool about your band. I am sure you cannot wait until vacation!!!

Keane-What's wrong? Why are you miserable??

Old 03-13-2015, 09:29 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Glad to hear Barbara, I'm looking forward to doing some work on my car once the weather clears up, I've done enough maintenance work lately that I haven't been putting too much thought in to doing any mods yet, but once the snow melts I know I'm going to do the engine bay for starters, it's spotless with the exception of the winter guck, but I want to paint the engine mounts and cross member bars, etc, etc, I'm also saving up for an hv3 insert as in the immortal words of Tim the Tool Man Tailor " More Power " plus I want to see how my car will look with the yellow lettered tires on it, still up in the air about the rims though.

The band is a whole other energy, we have been garnering quite a lot of attention lately which is nice, we work very hard to make sure we give a stadium worthy performance every time we play and it's paying off, bigger venues are calling us (well bigger venues for Eastern Ontario lol) but still for this area it's a great thing. I can't explain the feeling I get when we play on stage, but I do know if I could bottle it and sell it I would be a billionaire as it is sooooo addictive lol

I hope you get your monte ready in time for racing as I know the launch day is getting closer

Old 03-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ken hopefully things improve for you at work. And yes im talking about my job.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:49 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

The tires with yellow letters might just pop on your car. But you won't know until they are there...lol Hmmm new rims??!! Could be interesting. That gives me an idea. LOL
Yes, track opens 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!!! And I have work to get done for sure!!! This weekend I have to get my biggest safety concern resolved...replacing my leaking wheel cylinders on the rear drum brakes and new brake shoes!! Might even paint the drums while I have them off.
Harness bar will be installed this coming week and all new fluids and filters will be put in place (oil, transmission, coolant, air, fuel). Of course, I am still working on making the rear seat delete area less ugly...LOL It will look ok once I am done. Also using some of the spare carpet to make a dash pad to reduce the glare from my dash on my windshield(our track runs north to south so glare is always an issue).
I still think you need to put videos of your band on Youtube and then post links here on the forum so we can enjoy your band also!!!!