Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, June 7th,2013

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Half the problem is I don't have a lot of free time either, I used to fish, I used to hunt, used to do a lot of things.. Honestly anymore I hate my life and everything about it flat out sucks. Its certainly not the life of a 19 year old

Old 06-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Half the problem is I don't have a lot of free time either, I used to fish, I used to hunt, used to do a lot of things.. Honestly anymore I hate my life and everything about it flat out sucks. Its certainly not the life of a 19 year old
hey you just gotta learn to love those little moments to yourself..I deal with that every day & I'm not too far in age from you either. For the past 4 years I've been doing nothing but work work work, and occasionally get some fun time (such as the meet in NJ) I've learned to enjoy those small little vacations more than dwell on the fact that I'm not out doing something at that moment.
and then there is the alcohol....oh sweet glory....

Old 06-07-2013, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member

The little things are fun, but they're far and few between and they're just a needle in the haystack compared to the rest of life. 1 day of fun here and there can't possibly offset all the other days of crap.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Keane:

You probably dont need to hear this,
But....Theres plenty of people on the planet that wish they had a job...let a lone working a busy schedule...they say an idle mind is the devils play ground! When I was 19.. I was a working fool!..I use have 3 jobs...and was really money hungry... It really paid off in the longrun...Ya I was what they called H>A>L>T>Hungry,angry,lonely,tired... But I had goals and ambitions/Plans to make something of myself...while a lot of my friends were hangn out, partying etc.... But I kept my nose to the grindstone...Yes, It was hard...real hard..especially whilest yur busting your butt part of your brain wanders into think about my buddys and what they were up to... Butback then I also had to support my mom brothers and sisters, on top of everything else! I cant say I blame you for being up tight.... But you know what? You have us to vent to....You know we can relate as well as count on us for support...Thats gotta say something about you and your life! I know for one...Im glad your here!

Being disabled,retired...It gets kinda boreing sitting around wishing for something to do! Then, theres the other side of the coin...Theres a whole lot more now that I use to be able to do that I can no longer due...That use to come easy for me!...Like the other day you did up your Horizon...Clay bared,cleaned and got a lot of personal satsfaction from a job well done! That speaks Volumes about who you are! As well as your integrity! Like haveing to do the work of 2 people....yet, You still manage to take care of business! Personally, I dont think you give yourself enough credit!

I think your right where your suppose to be in lifes plan....because one day your gonna look back at this and say man...I learned alot about myself..and now looking back at it....It sure was worth it!....
Everything happens for a reason..and things happen in there own time not yours...I had to learn that the hard way... iIwish you the best and im positive...It will all workout in the long run!
Its heck being responsible! But you can handle it!!!!!

Old 06-07-2013, 10:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hey Thanks for all the Birthday wishes! It turned out to be a great day. Wife took me out to dinner. My daughter;s came by and had coffee with me and brought goodies . Now its time to watch the fireworks here in town! Then sit my *** down in front of the TV . See you all in the morning

Old 06-07-2013, 10:04 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Happy B-Day Rick!
Evening all - not too much going on here. Gave Sapphire a bath and covered him up for the night.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member

I do often wonder what everyone else is to, for example my co worker is going partying after work. Im home because I gotta sleep soon to go to class tomorrow morning. My life consists of school and going to work, almost nothing more. Occasionally I do something if I can actually get the time off. I know everything happens for a reason, and I often wonder, why all this.

And yes it is frustratin knowing most people my age are out having a good time while I never get to do anything fun or hang out with anyone. I mean I rarely even talk with people anymore, and that HATL, kind of sounds like me, but im usually not hungry. But I am always in a bad mood, lonely for sure and often tired. Quite royally sucks.

Everyone says it'll all pay off one day, well I've been hearing that a long time and i'm still waiting and its only getting worse. If I wasn't involved in school and my hours not so scattered at this job, i'd go get another. I'm money hungry as well, I WANT to work, but they wont give me more hours, they just cut them.

Last edited by Leprechaun93; 06-07-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Happy B-Day Rick!
Evening all - not too much going on here. Gave Sapphire a bath and covered him up for the night.
Amy,
Glad to see you here this evening... Good to kow all is well with you ...
Nothing like a Good day...and that you put Sapphire to bed for the Night!

Have a Great Night!

Old 06-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

I'm pretty bummed out right now, my Penguins just got swept by the Bruins in the conference finals......Lord Stanley won't be coming home to Pittsburgh this year........

Old 06-07-2013, 10:17 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Sorry to hear Chris. Hopefully we will win on Sat at the United Center.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, June 7th,2013