Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, June 29, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by callie100
Good morning everyone! On the road to Johnson City, TN to the Monte Nationals, 4 more hours to go!
Have a good time at the Nationals!

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Have an awesome day in Seattle Mike!
Thanks Devin, Enjoy yours as well!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:53 AM

Morning, MCF'ers. We're heading into our second day of temps over 105* - yesterday we broke a record (at 108*). Not much cleaning of the Monte this weekend - way too hot to go outside except for watering the gardens. We had some excitement in the neighborhood last night - a white peacock walked down the street and into the next subdivision. It escaped from a farm about ten miles from here and has been on the move for three weeks. No one's been able to catch it. At night it flies into a tree and sleeps in the branches, safe from dogs and coyotes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend with plenty of air conditioning. Remember: some people are sleeping in cardboard boxes without fans, much less a.c. Be thankful for what you have!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Friday!

Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 AM

Hi Member's,
I just got to watch another successful launch

Mission: Heavy NROL-15
Vehicle: Delta IV
Launch Complex: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
Date: Friday, June 29, 2012
Launch Window: 6:13 a.m. (Just blasted `off @ 9:15
I'm only a few miles away & it rattles the warehouses & shakes the ground below..It was another beautiful powerful sight 4-Sure.I'm thankful to have seen it...The sun was bright, but I love the sounds of the power that the Delta makes as it soars towards outer `space WoW...I'm sure it will be replayed on your noon & evening news, `if you would like to view it..
===========================================
Hi Mod `Michael, wish you & member's a great day & weekend...
* Hi `Dave, it sounds like another great time for you, your son & family..(Pic's please of you in uniform)
* Seattle `Mike, wish you a great time sharing your summer with your daughter...EnJoy your time 2gether
* Hi Angie, great to see you online & is it 2 early for a cold one I'd be happy with a cold ice tea...Wish you a good working A/C and a Happy Day/WeekEnd EnJoy...
* You're welcomed `Devin, enjoy your day & weekend
* Hi Bill & Rowena, wish you a safe happy trip to the Nationals.....EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 06-29-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:33 AM

Woke up to some terrible thunderstorms and found out I left my driver's side window down D: I was so upset because things were pretty soaked. So after wiping it all down with a towel I'm convinced I'll have some mold or fogging issues now. I really can't seem to catch a break lately... :/

Old 06-29-2012, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
Woke up to some terrible thunderstorms and found out I left my driver's side window down D: I was so upset because things were pretty soaked. So after wiping it all down with a towel I'm convinced I'll have some mold or fogging issues now. I really can't seem to catch a break lately... :/

Hi `Tyler, Life has a way of testing us & making bad things happen in our life, but I think it's a reminder for when the good times return to really, really appreciate them when they `do return... Wish you Good Luck & Better Times..

Maybe the below link will help & if it doesn't..Make a post & ask our member's what they may know on the problem...
I went to Dr Google & found the below..I hope it gives you some help...
How to Dry Wet Carpet in a Car | eHow.com <~ Click

or roll down all your windows & drive as fast as you legally can & get a high speed blow dry...I've used a hair dryer & just high speed electric fans aimed at the inside of a vehicle...Don't worry, it will get better...
Don't give `up & let the Bad Win, because you are not a loser 4-Sure keep fighting 4 a WIN....

Last edited by Space; 06-29-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Morning all, not a lot going on here today, just work then probably clean the apt tonight

Old 06-29-2012, 09:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Happy Busy Friday everyone!!!

You were all complaining about the heat all week... it finally made its way to me

Old 06-29-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
Hi Dubstepticon, if you are able to borrow a wet/dry vacuum from someone that would be your best bet...or maybe just buy one at Home Depot or Lowes...we got our for $29.99 on sale and not only will it suck up the water, but the dirt too...cleaner carpets! Then after that any type of fan you can find and leave the doors open all morning to circulate air if it has stopped raining (unless you have a good battery, I would disconnect it as this will kill it....I know!) Hope this helps a bit, try not to worry, things will get better!
I'd say "when it rains, it pours...." but that probably would be bad timing....so I officially did not say that! lol

I usually carry a little gray cloud over me...it's there so often all I can do is try to make friends with it!

Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 AM

Thank you everyone for wishing us a good time at the Nationals! : ) I will upload pics on our ride home Sunday! Hope everyone is able to stay cool today, no working on Montes outside today!!!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, June 29, 2012