Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, July 22, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Old 07-22-2011, 07:49 AM

Morning All,

Happy Friday!

Space - Liked the road pic! Would that be an awesome road to drive / ride or what???

Had fun last night - date night with my wife. Strolled around downtown at the 'Sidewalk Art Stroll'. A couple of the local brewries (Yellowhammer and Straight to Ale) were giving away samples of some of their brews. Yummy!! Eventually had dinner at a little Greek place right on the downtown square. Had the 'flaming cheese' appetizer (some kind of hard to get Greek cheese imported from Chicago; it sells out almost as soon as they get it in). Everyone around us said, 'what's that... what's that... what's that'.

Should be a good weekend. Gotta get some bike maintenance done. My old bike, the Honda VFR750, seems to be getting lower gas mileage lately for some reason. Need to check the air filter (buried under the gas tank- ugh) to see if it's clogged. Hope that's it. Then time to install PIAA driving lights on our new bike, the Yamaha FJR1300 you can see in my sig. And we have a friend visiting from AZ on Saturday. She's on a cross-country bicycle ride to raise money for a charity.

Hope you all have a great day. Sunny and muggy here but I'm not complaining; it's always worse somewhere else.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Morning All,

Happy Friday!

Space - Liked the road pic! Would that be an awesome road to drive / ride or what???

Good Morning `Dave, Sounds like you had a very enjoyable, fun evening...Good Luck on your Bike maintenance.

Yes, your `Bike would be a fun ride on that wild road 4-Sure.
I would love to drive a sports car (like a ZR`1 : ) or even my skateboard would be a Wild Ride down that mountain with all it's turns/curve's and bends

Mother Nature sure is producing some Super Heat 2day from her `SUN

Member's Stay COOL out there...Be Smart/Safe & don't over`do
EnJoy your day ~> WeekEnd

Last edited by Space; 07-22-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning MCF!

Well, we survived "heat-pocalypse 2011" yesterday. It's cooling off starting today.

Space, I like that road. Looks like it could be fun. But I think I'd have the heebeejeebees the first time. You pretty much can't make a mistake can you? You either fall off a cliff, or crash into the side of the mountain. I'd want to take a drive in a brand new Camaro SS convertible on that road.

Just letting everyone know that nominations are now open for the August MOTM! Nominate your favorite eligible member. Don't forget the moderators. I'm not eligible, but the moderators are eligible!

Gonna check out the rest of the forum before heading off to bed. Night shift.

A big THANK YOU and a thumbs up to all you great people who are the Monte Carlo Forum!

Old 07-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all, didn't get much sleep last night but o well, got a half day today and will be going to car craft summer nationals!

Lou here is a pic of it blacked out crome around the windows for ya, didn't get the front end in the shot due to not washing it yet

Last edited by Budsjlm; 07-22-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Good Morning MCF!

Hello Taz ~>`Lou, you just missed the naked lady running around the halls of the MCF last night...I think Sgt Miller caught her & put her in one of his cell blocks ~> That's about all that's happened overnight on the MCF

At least she hit the ball : )
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi `Justin, Hope your pain in your feet is gone...
Nice pic's of your ride...Have a Great WeekEnd...

Last edited by Space; 07-22-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
I would love to drive a sports car (like a ZR`1 : ) or even my skateboard would be a Wild Ride down that mountain with all it's turns/curve's and bends
Better be equipped with an air-brake or small parachute before heading down that hill on your skateboard, Space!

Old 07-22-2011, 08:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning forum members and watchers. Missed the whole internet yesterday. Didnt even get on and check my mail. Long day at work and wore out when it was over. Say a prayer for all the hard working people doing road construction. I am glad I work in the lab and not on the road. They were about to die. Imagine the pavemnet they are laying is around 300F and its 115 outside. Give them a break and slow down today. Check in later and try to catch up.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:04 AM

Alright... all I have to do is paint the mod and do some nitty gritty forming.... opening a new thread for the unveiling.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Justin the black looks good.

Morning all, getting ready to head into town for Grand Jury. Hopefully be done by lunch.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, July 22, 2011