Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: > FRIDAY >July 19, 2013 > Check In <

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 09:52 AM

Space,

It is "FITZ"... drop that "R"

LOL... it is ok, but not from this point forward

Old 07-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Morning MATT: Ya know I was born and raised in the city of Detroit. We came out alright and made a nice life for ourselfs. 4 beautiful children also. I used to take the trolly or the Bus downtown just to walk around to see the big buildings. Detroit used to be so NICE. I love those old pictures you put up on here. Last time I was in Detroit was over 10 yrs ago. Wife and I went to see where we grew up .It was really sad. Detroit was doomed to fail!! Coleman young and all the people that took everything out of the Big D. Really hurt it big time. When you Board of education staff takes Limo's from home to work everyday. What does that tell you! Believe it or not we used to be able to walk around at night till 11 pm and think nothing of it. Now You better have a GUN and people to back you up. it's really SAD what happened to Detroit. Used to go downtown for the country fest on the river. Bet that doesn't go on there any more either. Sorry for the rant. People ask me would I ever move back to that area. I say HELL NO. Even the nice neighborhood we lived in before we moved out here to Mn is getting run down! Our block used to be so nice. Nice big shade trees and every lawn looks like a magazine. NOT NOW they don't! Last time I was in town I went to see some old biker friends on the out skirts of Detroit. And they have no problems where their at. BUT they have guys posted outside watchin the Bikes! What does that tell you also ? I'll never move back there. Now where you and Tadd live is what its suppose to be like. The respect of others I had growing up there. Is gone now. its all about me and how can i get more $$ from the state. OK OK I;m done. Sorry to bore the pants off of you. When they had a good mayor in Dertoit his own people voted him out. Last thing I have to say. Bye
I completely agree with you Rick. However, there are people trying to turn Detroit around (the City IS trying), although that is almost impossible with the way the City has been run the past 20+ years. Unless something drastic changes, it's going to be the same old stuff. There's so much corruption. That's why Mike Duggan (a white Democrat) was denied a spot on the mayoral ballot and is campaigning as a write-in now. I see him as being a great addition to the City as mayor, however even if he was listed ON the ballot he wouldn't get elected. You have to realize the City's citizens vote these people in. They don't seem to want change and the way the City governs itself is a joke.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by KCFITZ78
Space,

It is "FITZ"... drop that "R"

LOL... it is ok, but not from this point forward
Please 4-give me "FITZ" 4 I know not what I `do the majority of the time I keep getting lost in my own space It's so empty there & also in my head...>Everything keeps fall'in `out
I have deleted the R

Last edited by Space; 07-19-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
I completely agree with you Rick. However, there are people trying to turn Detroit around (the City IS trying), although that is almost impossible with the way the City has been run the past 20+ years. Unless something drastic changes, it's going to be the same old stuff. There's so much corruption. That's why Mike Duggan (a white Democrat) was denied a spot on the mayoral ballot and is campaigning as a write-in now. I see him as being a great addition to the City as mayor, however even if he was listed ON the ballot he wouldn't get elected. You have to realize the City's citizens vote these people in. They don't seem to want change and the way the City governs itself is a joke.
Im with you Matt!

I would vote for Mike Duggan in a Heartbeat...He's the change the city of Detroit needs...But like you said... The people of Detroit will never make it happen for obvious reasons!

Since 1979 ...When Coleman A Young was first elected Mayor of the City of Detroit....34 yrs ago.... The city has been on a Tragic Downward Spiral!

Old 07-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

goodmorning everyone, going to be a long day for me..

Old 07-19-2013, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Im with you Matt!
Mike Duggan would be a Great Addition to the City of Detroits turn around...
But like you said the people that live and vote in Detroit wont let it Happen!

Its been 60+ years since Coleman A Young started the Down turn of the City of Detroit!

Hi Mod `David, I see you have chosen your running mate
You & Matt would make a good team to turn things around...

I do hope that more people get involved in the operations of their government: local/state & federal levels.

Change can happen `if > the majority get involved to make it change 4-Sure Peace/Out from `Space

Old 07-19-2013, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
goodmorning everyone, going to be a long day for me..

Hi `Mitch, that's a cliff hanger type of post Why is it going to `be a long day for you ? Please post/answer ? Everybody wants to know ? (Ok, some of us `do) LOL

Old 07-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Out to lunch then off to work. Selling one of our air conditioners to a co worker today.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Out to lunch then off to work. Selling one of our air conditioners to a co worker today.
Hi `Keane, where are you going for lunch? Get us something `OK >
I'm starving (LOL)

What's everyone having 4 lunch today....Make us drool (LOL)
`Keane, wish you a great lunch & a easy day @ work

Last edited by Space; 07-19-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Man I'm glad it Friday Payday and off of being on call!! Have a great weekend all.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: > FRIDAY >July 19, 2013 > Check In <