Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: > FRIDAY >July 19, 2013 > Check In <

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by VictoryRedSled
Good Morning all,

I think I'll be formulating some kind of "Get-Out-Of-Dodge" plan in the very near future, just in case. I would love to hear what all of you fellow members think, whether you agree with me or not. Oh, and thanks for reading if you made it this far

-Aaron

Hi Aaron, I read & feel the frustrations in your words 4>Sure
Where will you `go when you "Get Out of Dodge"

Where can you go to escape the crimes/fear/the bad/etc ?
Yes, the news isn't a pretty story What are you doing to make it better ? (I also ask myself)....
Our country, our World is in a sad state of affairs. The Rich are getting Richer & the poor > Poorer I believe that Corporate Greed is controlling our country, our World
I may just have to return to Planet Space I just haven't been able to find the right rocket fuel for my craft (LOL)
====================================
Hi `Tadd, thanks for your welcome back & Congrat's on your Super Win(s) 4-Sure > EnJoy your Victories
=============================
Hi Matt, it's another sad American Story. Thanks for your post & words.
=====================================
Hi Mod `David, I hope that Detroit has learned from their many mistakes & that the people demand good leaders that will account for their actions & how they spend their $'s. Detroit isn't the only cities that have major budget problems...Just look at the USA Debt

I'm gona get out of `Dodge 2 (LOL)...Wish all a safe/happy `day>EnJoy

Old 07-19-2013, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by VictoryRedSled
America isnt Economically or Physically invincible, and I think it's only a matter of time before something happens that makes us realize that in the worst of ways. Either way, I think I'll be formulating some kind of "Get-Out-Of-Dodge" plan in the very near future, just in case. I would love to hear what all of you fellow members think, whether you agree with me or not. Oh, and thanks for reading if you made it this far

-Aaron
I think everyone's "Get-Out-Of-Dodge" plan should be a simple one... become DEBT FREE!!! Borrowing money you don't have is added risk. I understand you have to do loans for college & house. But do we really need to be taking loans on cars, pools, vacations, weddings, credit cards etc... America's money in tied up in debt and that is in every facet from corporations, government, and individual households. Look at all the government loans that are outstanding for college loans... if people don't payoff their loans then the money is just not there for the next generation. That is a great example showing how all this money is tied up. Just my 2 cents... which 2 cents isn't worth anything today do to too much debt. Becoming DEBT FREE should be everyone's plan. Filing for bankruptcy is not an option because it just becomes someone elses burden.

Last edited by KCFITZ78; 07-19-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Old 07-19-2013, 09:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Well well well Look who's back starting our Morning blog. HI there Space . GLAD to have you back Really it's not the same while your gone on here. Even Taz is a little scarce latly. Glad your both on today. Seems like old times again

Old 07-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning all

Old 07-19-2013, 09:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Space.
Between Kevin Orr (EM) of detroit and Govern Snyder of Michigan .... The city of Detroit its in Grave danger of becoming a parking lot!.... Theres just far to much corruption across the Board in the city as well as across the country!... I truly believed by the time I was 18..(when the cost of living was low) That I would have had it made in the shade.... 40 yrs later there isn't a snow ***** chance in hell of ever getting my head above water...!!!!

Lets not forget our children and there children... The way things are going...they don't/wont even have a future...or anything to look forward too IMO!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 07-19-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I also heard someones interested in restoring the old Packard plant?
I heard about the old Packard Plant too; that will never happen. The neighborhood the Plant is situated in is completely disheveled so even if they did rehab the Plant the surrounding area is still low desirability. I just don't see it happening. That money would be better spent in a neighborhood that has realistic potential or is already turning around, or Downtown.

Book Tower and David Stott Building are two relevant buildings Downtown that have come up recently. I was Downtown last week and it looked like some work had been started on Book Tower. David Stott is one of my favorites of Detroit; my favorite being the Penobscot Building.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 07-19-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:23 AM

Good morning everyone, hope you have a great day & weekend with friends / family.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Morning MATT: Ya know I was born and raised in the city of Detroit. We came out alright and made a nice life for ourselfs. 4 beautiful children also. I used to take the trolly or the Bus downtown just to walk around to see the big buildings. Detroit used to be so NICE. I love those old pictures you put up on here. Last time I was in Detroit was over 10 yrs ago. Wife and I went to see where we grew up .It was really sad. Detroit was doomed to fail!! Coleman young and all the people that took everything out of the Big D. Really hurt it big time. When you Board of education staff takes Limo's from home to work everyday. What does that tell you! Believe it or not we used to be able to walk around at night till 11 pm and think nothing of it. Now You better have a GUN and people to back you up. it's really SAD what happened to Detroit. Used to go downtown for the country fest on the river. Bet that doesn't go on there any more either. Sorry for the rant. People ask me would I ever move back to that area. I say HELL NO. Even the nice neighborhood we lived in before we moved out here to Mn is getting run down! Our block used to be so nice. Nice big shade trees and every lawn looks like a magazine. NOT NOW they don't! Last time I was in town I went to see some old biker friends on the out skirts of Detroit. And they have no problems where their at. BUT they have guys posted outside watchin the Bikes! What does that tell you also ? I'll never move back there. Now where you and Tadd live is what its suppose to be like. The respect of others I had growing up there. Is gone now. its all about me and how can i get more $$ from the state. OK OK I;m done. Sorry to bore the pants off of you. When they had a good mayor in Dertoit his own people voted him out. Last thing I have to say. Bye

Old 07-19-2013, 09:43 AM

Thanks `Fitz for your post/words
==========================
Good Morning `Devin, `Keane `all (What's everyone doing 2day?)
======================
Hi `Rick & thank you, but I don't think we can go back to the good old days, but we can work hard to try & bring them back 4-Sure...
It's great to see you online & I hope that you find the bike/trike that you want/desire...Blog is active today with some interesting topic's 4-Real.
I've been up early preparing for a early morning meeting that has been delayed I'm ready, but others are not...The waiting game
==================
Mod `David, the future will be what we make it to `be ? I hope that we can find good leaders to lead us to a better future (?) Let us `all pray....4>really>Sure!
==============
Hi Ron, great to see you online & checking in
==========
Hi Admin `Mike, any word on your Monte ?
-=======
Thanks everyone for your post(s)/words > I enjoyed reading your thoughts/opinions. I hope that everyone can do the best they can `do to make things better in their life...If everyone did their best & did good it would be a better world for `all > Thank You

Last edited by Space; 07-19-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: > FRIDAY >July 19, 2013 > Check In <