Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, Febuary 17th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Taz

Zach, if you're really bored, you could always shave your head.
Nothing wrong with shaving the ol' dome.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich
Love touring those old ships and subs too. I'll probably see the American post WW II era sub in Pittsburgh again Sunday, and a few years ago I got to go through the German WW II U-boat U-505 sitting in Chicago.
I didn't know we had a German U-Boat that we didn't sink. Lol. I would like to see that as well as some more of our decommissioned ships. My son was stationed at the Point Loma Sub base when he was in San Diego but most of the base was off limits to civilians so he couldn't show me much of it. I guess when I get elected president I won't have to worry about that.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Angie and Teacher Todd have been relatively quiet too.
Okay you found the surefire way to get me to speak up! Its been a hectic week, with my daughter in and out of the hospital twice due to a low platelets count and other complications from chemotherapy. Its one of those illnesses where the cure is as bad as the disease. We're hoping she won't have to stay in the hospital much longer. They're doing blood work tonight.

Today I took the Monte out to an area Boy Scout Camp for a photo shoot. Here's a few pics:

Attached Thumbnails Friday, Febuary 17th 2012-beaumont-016.jpg   Friday, Febuary 17th 2012-beaumont-021.jpg   Friday, Febuary 17th 2012-beaumont-026.jpg   Friday, Febuary 17th 2012-mymonte-10-.jpg  
Old 02-17-2012, 09:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Good evening everyone.. Busy day. Got my taxes taken care of earlier and then just hung out with my dad all afternoon. Just got home, posted in the ebay find thread but this threads a little more active so I figured I'd post my question here. Is sending payment on paypal for a "gift" the right thing to do? The guy selling the roof rails won't send me an invoice because he wants to avoid a 4% selling fee? I've sent invoices on paypal and never got that high of a fee? Any input/advice would be helpful, I'm always leery about deals through paypal much more than eBay...

Nice pics Angie

Old 02-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening all, watching top gear. Found out where im going on vacation this summer. Lake in the woods campground in Narvon PA. Any PA members heard of it?

Old 02-17-2012, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
I didn't know we had a German U-Boat that we didn't sink. Lol. I would like to see that as well as some more of our decommissioned ships. My son was stationed at the Point Loma Sub base when he was in San Diego but most of the base was off limits to civilians so he couldn't show me much of it. I guess when I get elected president I won't have to worry about that.
Yep, they actually captured her before the Germans could scuttle her. They recovered an Enigma machine and related code materials, but the British had also done this earlier in the war. They towed her to the U.S. and it's one heck of a story how they drug this thing to Chicago. She currently sits semi-restored in the basement of the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, IL after spending years sitting outside the museum deteriorating in the elements.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Possum
Okay you found the surefire way to get me to speak up! Its been a hectic week, with my daughter in and out of the hospital twice due to a low platelets count and other complications from chemotherapy. Its one of those illnesses where the cure is as bad as the disease. We're hoping she won't have to stay in the hospital much longer. They're doing blood work tonight.

Today I took the Monte out to an area Boy Scout Camp for a photo shoot. Here's a few pics:
Angie thanks for the pics. Your Monte really looks awesome and you have a real eye for photography.

I am sorry to hear that Lisa is having a rough time. I hope this will cure it. I am glad that you stopped by and said hello. We have missed you but we understand the absence.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Evening all, watching top gear. Found out where im going on vacation this summer. Lake in the woods campground in Narvon PA. Any PA members heard of it?
Wish I could help you out. I never heard of it until now, even though I lived about 40 miles away from it for a few years (thank you mapquest lol).

Old 02-17-2012, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Good evening everyone.. Busy day. Got my taxes taken care of earlier and then just hung out with my dad all afternoon. Just got home, posted in the ebay find thread but this threads a little more active so I figured I'd post my question here. Is sending payment on paypal for a "gift" the right thing to do? The guy selling the roof rails won't send me an invoice because he wants to avoid a 4% selling fee? I've sent invoices on paypal and never got that high of a fee? Any input/advice would be helpful, I'm always leery about deals through paypal much more than eBay...

Nice pics Angie
It sounds like it could be a scam. PayPal has its pro and cons but if you abide by EBay and PayPal rules they guarantee your money. If he doesn't want to use PayPal properly then pass on the sale because it is probably a scam. You could also tell him to sent the item UPS COD.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Possum
Hang in there Angie, we're still praying for you and your family. We had a few scary moments like that also, when my wife's platelets dropped to dangerously low levels after chemo, so I have an idea of what you're going through.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, Febuary 17th 2012