Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, February 3, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone

Old 02-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning everyone, was forced to take today off from work because the mananger screwed up the schedule. So im gonna meet up with a friend i havent seen for a while. Have a good day everyone

Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Morning All,

TGIF. Long week at work.

Fun evenings the last couple of nights, though. Our son's latest high school play opened last night. We also watched the dress rehearsal Wed night. They're performing 'The 39 Steps' a satirical look at a bunch of Hitchcock movies. Our son is one of the two 'clowns' who have multiple roles throughout the play (the guy driving in the pic).

In some scenes they switch characters multiple times by just twirling around and changing a hat or coat and their voice & mannerisms. He and his partner were a riot. A good time had by all. Lots of people wanted to talk to him after the show to congratulate him on such a great performance. The director (a college senior majoring in Theater using this as his senior project) was very creative putting it together on a tight budget and schedule. Start-to-finish in one month.

Supposed to rain tomorrow here... again... I've been wanting to refresh brake fluid on all our cars but either don't have the time or the weather doesn't cooperate. Maybe Sunday. At least I was able to ride to work a few days this week. First time in quite a while due to unusually nasty weather this winter.

Must be testing rocket motors today on Redstone Arsenal. Sounds like low, rumbling thunder that lasts too long. Makes my window shake a little. And I'm miles away. Cool!

Happy Friday!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

No car for me again. Said Monday, Tuesday at the latest. This is getting old. Guess I will wax up my rims this weekend.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:21 AM

That sucks about not getting the car back Jerry.

Dave, I hear you about the rain. That's why I'm gonna try to knock out my speakers today. It's already closing in on 60 and it's not even 1030. Good sign for me working in the car today. I just gotta wait till Best Buy opens in 40 minutes so that I can go grab that speaker wire. I'll pick up my new plate on the way home and then stop at the beer store down the road to pick up some beer.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Drew are you gonna try the Bud Platinum as discussed last night? I may try it this weekend.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:34 AM

Drew - Glad you're able to get some work done today. Take advantage of the weather while it lasts. Weatherman is telling us it may start raining by about 3pm here. That means I'll be getting soggy on the ride home. (My jacket is pretty good in the rain, but I discovered last Fall that my 'waterproof' pants are not waterproof. The inside of my legs pressing against the bike get pretty wet. Back to the drawing board for decent all-weather riding pants.)

Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 AM

No Jerry, if I'm gonna pay that much for a beer, it's gonna be Guinness Foreign Extra (7.5% alcohol by volume). I also like the Black Lager as well. Buddy of mine got some of the Bud Platnum and said it was ok, but that he didn't think it was anything special. But I'll be picking up something cheap for today. Tomorrow I'll get out the bourbon. While I'll drink domestic beer just for the sake of drinking it, I don't like the taste nearly as well as the European beers. Other than Guinness, I generally prefer the German beers. I do plan on starting the "World Beer Tours" that Old Chicago has. One of my buddies at work is about to finish his second one and he likes it. It consists of 110 different beers. You get certain prizes as you complete each tour. You also get a free medium pizza the month of your bday as well . Their pizza is AMAZING.

Dave. Not sure what time it's supposed to start here. I'll have to look at the radar. Good luck on the ride home. I'm guessing we're somewhat on the north end of this system since our winds are coming out of the north at the moment so maybe it'll be a bit later.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:46 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Whats up everyone?

Old 02-03-2012, 10:49 AM

Off to Best Buy for speaker wire. The local car audio places are ridiculous on prices for that kind of stuff. Then pick up my plate and grab beer. I'll check in before I start work on the car.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, February 3, 2012