Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, February 3, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Good Morning. Dang Rick, you get less sleep than I do. I would be lucky to have gotten 3 hours last night. Went to bed at 12 and last I looked at clock it was 2. Then hardly any after that. Should have taken a sleep helper.
Space, we try to humor ourselves late at night.
I am sure praying for the return of Passion today. If not, I am at least going out there to see what it going on.
Rick, can you believe after I took those wheels back to have them rebalanced, two of them have had the stick on weights fall off again. I may go and demand my $$ back and take them elsewhere. If they fall off sitting here in a warm house, whats gonna happen on the road.
Yup! I believe it jerry. Either their not cleaning the wheel off good enough or something else is wrong. Get your $$$ back and take it some place else. Let me know what happens next.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mornin' all and TGIF! It's a nippy 33° with 92% humidity but the sky is clear so we should have a sunny day in store. That's a good lookin' '57 convertible 'Space but I don't care much for the wheels they put on it. I agree that you should "Treat your Chevy with love & they will last 4-ever" but not in the literal sense as being discussed in another thread. Jerry, I think I would take the wheels elsewhere to have them balanced. If they aren't competent enough to get a weight to stick I don't know if I would be comfortable with the balancing job they did. If you go to a chain store I'd stick with some place like Goodyear, Firestone, Discount Tire, etc. At least they don't hire inexperienced grunt help at minimum wage. Hope everyone makes a good one of it today.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Don't forget to stay safe this weekend

Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 AM

Mornin guys. Just got home. Clocked out at 530, hung around and chatted with one of the guys for an hour or so (waiting on the Co-op to open) then went straight to there and filled up with gas. Went to Walmart after that and then I'm finally home and have everything put away. It got WAY colder than I expected this morning. Forecasted low was low 40s and it ended up being near freezing. You can imagine my shock when I walked out in shorts and that cold hit me. But I would have burned up inside the factory had I not worn them. If the daytime high is more than 60 (and it was mid 60s yesterday) then it'll be hot in there.

So on the agenda for the rest of the day: Wait till it warms up a bit, go hunt down some speaker wire (probably at rat shack), go to the County Clerk and pick up my new plates for the Camaro (decided to change from the regular ones), and then come home and install the speaker wire and speakers. Then tonight there's something going on at church and if I'm not totally exhausted from having been up since 1230 yesterday I'll be there till midnight. Hopefully I can hold on till then. Firing up the coffeepot right now actually.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:07 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good morning all!
I have been invited back to "meet the team" and to take production skills test at the company I interviewed at last week. I haven't heard back as to when this will be though. I need to make up another lie cause I have to leave my current job early. I used the dentist excuse last time.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Luck Amy, we can all make up a good fib if it's for a good cause. Can you just all of sudden run to the restroom and play sick. Tell them it's a stomach bug. Not sure what type of place you work at but it could work with all the Flu's going around. Slap a little water on your face and look exhausted when you come out.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:18 AM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

I don't like to lie about being sick - I have to take off for a Colonoscopy a week from Mon so I don't want to play the sick card. I can use the "I have to meet the heating and air conditioner man". My fiance installed a humidifier last weekend but didn't do the wiring - the guy came yesterday to finish the job but my work doesn't know that.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sounds good as long as it will work. What is the new job you are in pursuit of?

Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

It's a label company and I will be doing all of the production work from setting the files up to running the jobs. Good pay, full benefits and very close to home - I've been searching for a position like this since I got laid off in July 2008.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
I don't like to lie about being sick - I have to take off for a Colonoscopy a week from Mon so I don't want to play the sick card. I can use the "I have to meet the heating and air conditioner man". My fiance installed a humidifier last weekend but didn't do the wiring - the guy came yesterday to finish the job but my work doesn't know that.

Hi `Amy, just tell them the truth & that you are looking for another job because they are not paying you what you are worth If not, click the below link
How to Lie: 13 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow <~>
Wish you Good Luck !

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, February 3, 2012