Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, December 9, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:53 AM

[quote=SupplySgt;389892] One of my friends stayed up all night texting me which is unusual (my friend who also works nights was off and wasn't texting that late).

Thanks for starting the blog this morning. It's nice to have friends you can text all night long, isn't it? Makes the hours go faster - I have a good friend I text or talk to all night long several nights a week. We get a lot said when nobody else is trying to get our attention.

I wonder if other MCF'ers have text-a-lot friends???

Old 12-09-2011, 07:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default oops

OOPS. Sorry about that. I was trying to make a point about how cold it is here. Your pretty mean 1st thing in the morning. You need a hug or something ? Didn't mean to start your day off on the wrong foot.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning you busy bloggers!!!

(With Space out of commission for right now, maybe I can catch him in posts!!)

Old 12-09-2011, 08:01 AM

Morning All,

26 degrees F. this morning! Kinda cold for AL. I took my daughter's old car to work this morning. The driver's side lock was frozen; luckily the passenger side opened without problem.

Sarge - Thanks for re-posting from yesterday's blog. Skype is great if you have family / friends far away - well, as long as you have decent internet service. We talk to our daughter almost every morning / evening. For her in Scotland (6 hrs ahead of US Central Time), it's early afternoon and late night. She's a Sophomore, so two more years (in theory) back at Ole Miss when she returns to the States this Spring. Hopefully you'll have access to a good internet connection while deployed so you can Skype with family / friends back home.

Rick - What part of AZ are you heading to? I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca in the early 90's. Loved it out there! My Mom now lives in Green Valley, a big retirement community just south of Tucson. I used to get out there on business fairly regularly, but not anymore. I miss it.

Happy Friday everyone!

Old 12-09-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Your pretty mean 1st thing in the morning. You need a hug or something ?

Yes I certainly do. Sorry if I snapped at my fellow MCF'ers. It's just that blue letters and I have always had a special bond. Something I have with no other color text. Something I can't explain without getting locked up. It's just one of those color things us older people get.

It sounds like you had a fun time with your grandkids. Will you not see them for the next four months while you're in Arizona? Is that a time when you use Skype a lot, to stay in touch with them?

Old 12-09-2011, 08:09 AM

1 Year Member

Yes Angie I do sometimes also. I have a great friend. We text all the time. its great cause we have the same work schedules. So while at work on our breaks we text sometimes fit in a call if the coast is clear at work.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:14 AM

1 Year Member

Yup that is how we get to stay in touch with family and friends. Skype is a good tool. I took our lap top outside and showed the kids where we were staying last yr. Then showed them the Mtn;s around us. They liked that a lot.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:20 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone, nm goin on here, just found out i may have a car payment again got a deal i really cant refuse lol

Old 12-09-2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
So while at work on our breaks we text sometimes fit in a call if the coast is clear at work.

But surely you don't walk through the store while you're texting???!!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sparky, one of my friends had a pretty decent connection on the FOB he was on in Afghanistan so it should work alright. Sophomore huh? She'll graduate around the same time I do then. Except I'll be (I'm guessing) 4 years older. I'll probably take online classes while I'm overseas so I should be able to keep pace. I'll definitely have to come down and meet you in person before I leave, especially considering you're only a couple hours away. Might have to hit you up on Skype in the meantime.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, December 9, 2011