Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, December 30, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:08 PM

Just got off the phone with the VA. Talk about ate up. At least I got somewhat of an explanation finally, but it means I have more red tape to wade through. I could really use that money that they owe me right now (although they now claim that I owe THEM money which is complete BS). Ugh. This week off work is hurting worse than I anticipated as well money wise. If I can get through the next two weeks I'll be fine. It's just getting there that's going to be the tough part. Thankfully I got a few gift cards that will take care of the gas and food through the next 3 weeks but I'm still not sure how I'm gonna get all my bills paid between now and then. Having to buy that battery (along with a few other unexpected, yet essential things) a few weeks ago really hurt the wallet.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:50 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Afternoon everyone

Old 12-30-2011, 01:52 PM

Hey guys,

quick question, I searched but came up with way different topics.

"Service Vehicle Soon" light came on, I don't know what that means. I have another 1k miles before oil change.
I changed the Tranny fluid two days ago, could this be it? how do I reset the light if so, if not, what does it mean?
Thanks guys, Sorry I didn't want to start a thread. Hope you guys have a great/safe new year!

Old 12-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

just got off work. watching the Pinstripe bowl hopefully ISU will win

Old 12-30-2011, 02:41 PM

Afternoon all, hope everyone is having a good friday.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Teacher
Afternoon all, hope everyone is having a good friday.
Hi `Todd, I read your post in yesterdays Blog & I hope you don't have to sell your new home & that you can put on the additions that you need for all you babies

You have a beautiful spot now in the mountains with a Super View & a place for your animals..., but you got 2 do, what you got to do what is best for you...I wish you the best 4-Sure...I hope you have a very successful/fun/happy new 2012 for very sure...EnJoy...

Thanks again for starting our Blog & our days....
Peace/Happiness 2 U & readers....`Space

Old 12-30-2011, 05:25 PM

Space, I hope 2012 brings a day off so you the bums, g/f and seniors can enjoy some time together.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:43 PM

Thanks `Todd for your words & wishes...
My day will come & I'll have everything I need, and hopefully a few things I want...& also the ability to continue dream'in about the things I desire (<~ That keeps me motivated), but I'm sure that you can relate...I know that you have given `up much 2 get what you already have...

I wish you a your girlfriend a Super Happy Life (((2-gether))..
It doesn't matter where & how you live `if you are happy 2gether in `Life I know I'd love to have a home like yours..

Got to check a few more things on the forum & get ready for my night shift in a few more minutes...Good thing I live where I work...Don't have to get out on the roads (yet)

Wish everyone a Super Eve....EnJoy your `Present~> Now
Peace/Out from `Space

Old 12-30-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Possum
Hey everybody - check out these pix of my new Knight's Crest...I wanted to replace the front bowtie but it wouldn't fit so I put it on the rear under the third brake light and it looks perfect. Has anybody else done this on a sixth generation Monte??
Looks really good Angie.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:51 PM

[quote=Jomao_o;397188]Hey guys,

quick question, I searched but came up with way different topics.

"Service Vehicle Soon" light came on, I don't know what that means. I have another 1k miles before oil change.

The Owner's Manual tells us that this usually means a problem with the emissions system and will not effect drivability. Wrong!! Take it to Auto Zone or somewhere where it can be hooked up to diagnostic equipment to find out what is causing the light to come on. Check the gas cap first - lots of times that's the problem, either a loose or broken gas cap. Check here on the Forum under "Search" - "Service Engine Light" to see if there's a thread about it. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, December 30, 2011