Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, December 16, 2011 < Click & Post

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 08:05 AM

Morning All,

Nasty, nasty weather this morning, likely to last all day. High temp was already reached. Temp's dropping throughout the day to the low 40's.

Taking a couple hours vacation time this afternoon to get some Christmas shopping done. Luckily most of it will be at one place, so I don't have to get too wet jumping from place to place.

Heading to see / hear the 'Living Christmas Tree' tonight. It's become an annual event for us and a few friends from church. It's a Christmas music service at the Huntsville First Baptist Church. Dozens of singers placed on a huge structure going up to the ceiling that looks like a gigantic Christmas tree. It has thousands of lights. Pretty amazing sight. The church is kept quite cold because once the service begins and the 'tree' lights turn on, the temp goes up considerably. A live orchestra is used as well.

Hockey game on the agenda for Saturday night. If the rain stops, I need to get some car maintenance done.

Happy Friday everyone.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi `Jerry, EnJoy your Winter Break...I think you have a super `job as long as you can keep on a budget : ) EnJoy
========================================
Hi Seattle`Mike, great that you have some warmer weather & that your daughter gets a great holiday break from the books.
Wish you & family a great day.
=========================================
Hi `Sarge - Drew -, hope U get a good nap & get your errands complete....In the near future I think we will have robot's to do our errands...EnJoy your `day
=========================================
Hi `Angie, yes I heard the same thing about the Camaro blind spots...But I think everyone would be behind a Camaro and that no one could pass you (so, U don't have 2 look back unless you see those blue or read lights flash'in : )...Wish you a SuperFun Safe Trip. Look forward to reading all about it...EnJoy 4-Sure...~> I know U will : )
==========================================
Hi `Dave,
Thanks for checking in during your busy schedule...You sure keep active & do seem to get a lot done in a day...You must be a multi tasker : )...Wish you a safe day & that everything goes good 4 you...
EnJoy your journey of Life...I heard we only get one human one : )
==========================================
Wish everyone a great day & thanks for checking in & keeping the activity up on the MCF...

Last edited by Space; 12-16-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:14 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:18 AM

Good Morn'in `Amy, Wish you a SuperDay in the Windy City....Do you know if anyone makes Monte Carlo Christmas tree ornament's ? I thought if anyone would know, that you would ? EnJoy your Day...

Below is the only one that I could find...
Custom 2000 Monte Carlo SS Christmas Tree Ornaments
$17.95 - <CITE>Zazzle</CITE>
Custom 2001 Monte Carlo SS Christmas Tree Ornaments
$17.95 - <CITE>Zazzle</CITE>

http://www.zazzle.com/cr/design/pt-o...d_dialog=false

Last edited by Space; 12-16-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Good Morning all at work since 5am getting of at 2pm so my weekend will start a little early today. Everyone be safe this weekend enjoy your family and cherish the time your with them the grow up fast.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning everyone, 41 and windy here but clear and sunny. Heading out to breakfast shortly and then a few errands, then my workshop then work.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning friends. Working from home worked from bluffton yesterday . It is good to be home.

Putting together a christmas gift for my mom. She is 95 and does not get out much. I have a collage of family picture I am putting to gether for her.

This ole gal LOVES Monte Carlos she quit driving after she totaled dad's Monte. was the last car he brought befor he passed in 92.
Well anyway I am putting a picture ot the Deuce into a frame and I found a peice of Her and dad's ole monte (the Monte carlo Script) and will attach it to the picture frame of the Deuce. Every time she looks at the Deuce she will think of Dad's ole Monte.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

TAD: Now thats COOL ! Aw yeah the GOOD SON !

Old 12-16-2011, 09:47 AM

[quote=Tadcaster;392210
Well anyway I am putting a picture ot the Deuce into a frame and I found a peice of Her and dad's ole monte (the Monte carlo Script) and will attach it to the picture frame of the Deuce. Every time she looks at the Deuce she will think of Dad's ole Monte.[/quote]

Tadd - what a thoughtful thing to do for your mom. I keep my Monte's old muffler in my bedroom - maybe someone will make me a piece of artwork out of it someday. Come to think of it, I also have her old windshield wiper, broken gas cap, and unused decals. Plus several bottles of touch-up paint. And string and feathers....maybe I can start my own art project.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, December 16, 2011 < Click & Post