Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, December 14th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 02:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

aahhh the weekend is officially here

That is sad indeed Space, what in the He77 is the matter with people these days. It's bad enough at a high school, but kindergartners. Watching it on the news.

Not sure what my night is going to bring, trying to decide. Need to run to the bank anyways. Got off early but still got my 40 this week
One more week to go....

Old 12-14-2012, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by 77gp

That is sad indeed Space, what in the He77 is the matter with people these days. It's bad enough at a high school, but kindergartners. Watching it on the news.

Hi `Jerry,
My brain/mind is not capable of understanding the violent acts by some human beings on planet earth It's beyond my comprehension...

I was taught to extract the best & most from everyday that I get & can still recall my grandfather telling me that no one is guaranteed a 2morrow 4-Sure...When I was younger & out working the boats in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean we had several close calls with death and did not know if we would survive the storms...

I recall those times often...That's why I post many time "What `if ?" What `if we don't get another `day another 2morrow...I think about it everyday I see the sunrise & get another day to pursue my dreams & love the ones I love (& also let them know it)...I don't take life 4-granted because human beings are fragile & break..We also fade away & learn that human life is not 4-ever 4-Real..

Go hug your super family & be happy 2 `be no matter what you do with the rest of the day that you have been given...

I hope it makes everyone think & also be happy 2 `be....
Peace/Out `amen from Rev. `Space "the `End"

....Could `be your last `day > What if ? 4-Sure !!
Is it Happy Hour Yet Take a break & celebrate Life > Now

Last edited by Space; 12-14-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well it's official, me and the misses will be picking up a set of pistols with tax money and getting conceal and carry, it's time to arm and protect, there has been far too much of this kind of stuff hapening,

I have been planing to get mine but the conversation i had with amy we will put her throught it so she knows the laws, and how to properly clean and handle a gun aswell

Last edited by Budsjlm; 12-14-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:29 PM

Hi `Bud,
I don't think more guns are the answer, but I understand your desire to want to protect yourself & your family...

I don't think in this latest incident that teacher's with guns could have prevented this terrible/sick event...

Most of the people that do these type of acts don't give their victims a opportunity to defense...It's sad, but true.

I hope that you give it a lot of thought & how you plan on keeping your weapon(s) away from your son or other children in your life...It's a big responsibility 4-Sure...

I do have a cc permit & have a 9mm...I've had plenty of lessons, but I would tread that day that I'd have to use it to defend myself or others..

I don't think guns are the answer to this problem..There are Millions of guns in this country & the bad/sick can always seem to get them..."The right to bare arms"...Even `if there was a law that it was illegal to have weapons (?), the bad would still find them & use them...I think education & severe penalties may deter, but I don't think it will ever `end...It hasn't since the beginning of life We must strive to live in peace & pursue our `happiness...the `end
Peace/Out

Old 12-14-2012, 04:03 PM
15 Year Member

Space it's not this that is driving me to get a gun and get my cc i personal have been thinking about doing it for some time, and have had many conversations with amy about it,

I personal have been around guns since i was young, be it a bb gun to 45 cal tommy, I have done firearm safty when I was young and have hunted for years,

But they have always been locked up when not in use, well other than the tommy gun. Uncle put it on display at his cabin with a dillanger wanted poster, but was never loaded

Plans are in place not only do I have a safe and would get triger locks when in the home and not in use, lock box in the car for when i can't have it with me in public, , when jack gets old enought he will aswell go throught firearm safty and learn to shoot and properly care for them

I am not saying guns are the awncer, it just finially pushed me over the edge to act on what has been in the works for a while, I understand the responsibility of carry one is huge, and fact of the matter is if that gun leaves it's holster you better be prepared to face up to the concequences, you need to very concious of your surounding, who or what may come in the path of your bullet not only befor your target but well after, i'm just to the point of i keep hearing about shooting after shooting and it has become far too much of a commin thing, if i ever end up in that kind of situation i will not go down without a fight

Old 12-14-2012, 04:14 PM
15 Year Member

I do have to add becuase i see alot of people on various site calling for better gun control and they want guns baned ect ect...

this isn't an excuse for stricter gun control or bans The gun didn't cause this to happen, this happened because a couple sick individuals decided to take lifes of others,

Old 12-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

evening all, roll out of bed to see facebook and the news plastered with that shooting. Some screwed up people in this world.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's sad that this shooting happen so many young lives gone.
Thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by today's tragedy in Newtown, Conn.

Last edited by zjerry; 12-14-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

It's not a gun problem. It's a thinking problem. People are losing there minds out there, and using irrational thoughts to come up with a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

People need to take responsibility, and get help for their problems. And the people around them need to recognize when a person needs help, and do what ever they can to get the person some help. Before something like this happens.

This was a devastating day today. 27 people died today, at the beginning of the holiday season. Right in the middle of Hanukkah, and a week and a half before Christmas and Kwanzaa. Countless families and friends will never be able to celebrate the holidays the same way again.

Speaking for myself here... My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone tonight. I just found out about this at 4:30 this afternoon. Needless to say, I was devastated to hear the news. Something needs to be done to prevent this from happening again. But making a knee-jerk decision on what to do is not the way to go. We need to find out the root of the problem, and treat that.

Guns don't shoot on their own. Someone has to pull the trigger. Treat the problems that are making the shooters pull the trigger.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Good Evening EV1!

First off id like to say, Thank you so very much Everyone for your thoughts prayers and well wishes, Where Zeus is concerned It means so much to us!... I got to be Honest,
Its barely been 24 hrs...and it still hurts like HELL! .... When the Mrs came home from work today...As we made eye conact...we both began to tear up...

Yes there a lot of sick individuals on the planet...But what happened today at that school was totally senseless....Our hearts and Prayers go out to the Familys involved..

I have always had ...Protection in my home...In michigan theres an open carry law..That actually allows you to carry your firearms out in the open.
I have had CCW's in other counties I have lived in...So, Im no stranger to laws...as well as the rules of firearms...

You just may or may not beaware of this fact yet...However, when obama care goes into effect....and you go to the hospital or your doctors office...In there questionaire...Theres a question that asks you/ or they might personally ask you, if you own or have a firearm....The government wants to know who has them..and then theyll ask you if you have ever thought about commiting suicide....My guess is there tryn to find out if the owners are either terrorists or going to do something like that idiot in conneticuit....

For your peice of mind and Privacy.....Your answer should be....
None of your Damn Business!

We do have the right to bare arms! ... Its our constitutional rights!