Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, April 13th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Come up to NY rick its 67 clear and sunny

Old 04-13-2012, 04:13 PM

Good evening everyone. This is my first chance to check in today. I guess I came to work to relax. I had to get up early because the girls new bed was delivered today. after the delivery we had to go to the tax accountant and sign our returns so they could be submitted. I'm getting a really nice refund this year. Awesome. We then went and got Susan a new pair of work shoes at Red Wing. After that we stopped at Atlantic Filter to talk about a water system for the house. The guy is comming next Friday to test our water and set us up so we stop having stained clothes, brown plumbing fixtures and smelly water. It will be good to not buy bottled water anymore. I then got a call from the car transporter who said he blew a tire on the trailer so he was going to be a few more hours. We then stopped at Verizon to get some cell phone accessories. We got home just it time to meet the car transporter and get ready for work. I'll be tired tonight because I only got four to five hours sleep.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:16 PM

The 75 Plymouth Duster was delivered this afternoon. It came too late to get pics so I will take pics tomorrow. The car doesn't look too bad but I didn't have time to really check it out.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Morning everyone. Happy friday the 13 . Can't stay on long this morning. Got to run around a get things finished up around here. Was out late again last night with some friends. Soooo That means I got up late again. But i have to rush around and get my self ready. We a Grand Parents lunch with my 10 yr old grandson. This should be FUN . He cracks everyone up at school. . Just wondering if We should eat before we get there . Ya never know about school food yuk yuk yuk. Looks like a wet day today and windy. Well that makes twice now since we've been home that I've had the Monte out and about. Not this weekend with all the rain they said were suppose to get. Looks like the Cobalt will get a work out. Then we're shopping for a garage door opener. My motor on mine just buzz's nothing happens. So there goes about $ 200.00 out the window.
Hey Rick; does that motor have a start capacitor on it? A bad capacitor will cause this and a capacitor is cheap.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:19 PM

Jerry I hope everything with your wife will be fine. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:36 PM

Jerry I hope everything with your wife will be fine. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Thanks everyone for your thoughts

I am just outside messing with the Monte. Had so many white coats of paint on my tires before I went yellow, I am now stripping it all off with paint thinner and starting over. I have spent so much time on these tires and now they will look good finally. I know there are yellow letter haters on here, you can't beat us, so why not join us

When we have the meet up in St. Louis, there will three yellow letter Montes lined up at the show

Old 04-13-2012, 04:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Now I am Pi$$ed
The dog thought my cell phone tasted like a bone I guess.

Anyone have a Verizon phone to sell with a texting keyboard. Don't need a smart phone or whatever, Don't do internet.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
When we have the meet up in St. Louis, there will three yellow letter Montes lined up at the show
I emailed about price for show this is a copy of email I got back..

Hi Gerald,

My name is Courtney Mannion, I have taken over Amanda's Duties as Club Participation Coordinator. At this time we do not have very much available information. St Louis is a brand new date added to the Super Chevy Show Series. I have attached the event ad for your viewing. I expect to have pre-registration forms and event details within the next week and I will forward them to you as soon as I receive them.

Thanks so much for your patience. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

Courtney Mannion
Forward Sports Marketing
cmannion@forwardsportsmarketing.com
www.forwardsportsmarketing.com

Old 04-13-2012, 05:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Hey Rick; does that motor have a start capacitor on it? A bad capacitor will cause this and a capacitor is cheap.
Not sure Gregg what to look for ? Can you give me a little more detail on where to look ?

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, April 13th 2012