Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday April 10, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

...ok date night with the wife for sure.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Good morning all. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. If the weather cooperates (doubtful) I'm going to take the Camaro to the airport for a couple more pulls to see if I can drop another thousandth or 2 off my time.
Do they let you run at your local airport?

I can't wait to get off work, somewhat sunny and looks somewhat warm out.. windows down!

Old 04-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

Wow glad y'all made it through those storms OK.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone!

Today is really windy here, but otherwise nice and sunny. I took the snow tires off the Monte, and put the Dale Jr rims back on with my summer tires. My performance and gas mileage should be better now. The snow tires always suck the performance and gas mileage out of my car. At least for my taste.

I installed a new cabinet in the bathroom this morning. So that was fun.

I got the new control panel for my garage door opener from UPS yesterday afternoon. Back in February, because of the extreme cold, the control panel on the wall inside the garage cracked. I figured because it's 12 years old (installed by the previous owner of the house), these things happen.

So on Tuesday I went to a couple stores locally, (Home Depot, Lowes, etc) to buy a new panel. But because of the age, they don't carry that model anymore. But Home Depot gave me the phone number to Chamberlain Garage Doors. I found on their website they have the controls available to buy. So I called them. She took my model #, serial #, and my address, and told me they'll send me a new one free. She told me to expect it in about 7-10 days because it's coming from Arizona. I even told them I'm not the original owner of it. She said no problem.

Chamberlain sent it out this past Tuesday afternoon (April 7th) from Tucson, AZ. UPS showed up yesterday afternoon at my door (Windsor, Ontario, Canada) with my new control panel. No charge.

Two thumbs up to Chamberlain Garage Doors for excellent customer service, and getting the part out to me in record time!

Old 04-10-2015, 02:50 PM

Hi `Taz,
You've had a very productive day 4>Sure..(a lot more productive then me 4>Sure) It's refreshing to read the service that you got from Chamberlain & their fast shipment. I hope that other companies can learn from their example. It could make life less stressful & more rewarding 4-Sure... GM, are you reading our Blog ?

Wish `all a great eve & Weekend...If you can't get away (?)
Take a online trip 2 the beach (There's a lady topless )
Click 2 C visit the beach (Live web cam)> http://www.ronjonsurfshop.com/surfreport.aspx?ReportId=2

Old 04-10-2015, 03:13 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
Hi `Taz,
You've had a very productive day 4>Sure..(a lot more productive then me 4>Sure) It's refreshing to read the service that you got from Chamberlain & their fast shipment. I hope that other companies can learn from their example. It could make life less stressful & more rewarding 4-Sure... GM, are you reading our Blog ?

Wish `all a great eve & Weekend...If you can't get away (?)
Take a online trip 2 the beach (There's a lady topless )
Click 2 C visit the beach (Live web cam)> http://www.ronjonsurfshop.com/surfre...spx?ReportId=2

Part of me wants to click the link to the topless lady. But the other part of me knows it's a trick.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by singrseanr
...ok date night with the wife for sure.
Wish U a super time on your date 2gether

Originally Posted by Taz
Part of me wants to click the link to the topless lady. But the other part of me knows it's a trick.

Lol `Taz, I won't ask what part > LOL
It's not trick...make your part happy & click `it >

It's just a live broadcast @ the Cocoa Beach Pier...Waves aren't kick'in 2day & the winds are strong...Really not many on the beach 2day because of the conditions...

Wish you & your part a happy eve Part of me > No all of me wants to Party...Wish all a safe eve/weekend "Party Safe/Smart" EnJoy 4>Sure<

Old 04-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by red04montels
Do they let you run at your local airport?

I can't wait to get off work, somewhat sunny and looks somewhat warm out.. windows down!

There's an old (unused) runway by the airport that we use to fine tune and run our cars on. Other times we go out to Pacific Raceways, but the runway is closer and cheaper.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz

I got the new control panel for my garage door opener from UPS yesterday afternoon. Back in February, because of the extreme cold, the control panel on the wall inside the garage cracked. I figured because it's 12 years old (installed by the previous owner of the house), these things happen.

So on Tuesday I went to a couple stores locally, (Home Depot, Lowes, etc) to buy a new panel. But because of the age, they don't carry that model anymore. But Home Depot gave me the phone number to Chamberlain Garage Doors. I found on their website they have the controls available to buy. So I called them. She took my model #, serial #, and my address, and told me they'll send me a new one free. She told me to expect it in about 7-10 days because it's coming from Arizona. I even told them I'm not the original owner of it. She said no problem.

Chamberlain sent it out this past Tuesday afternoon (April 7th) from Tucson, AZ. UPS showed up yesterday afternoon at my door (Windsor, Ontario, Canada) with my new control panel. No charge.

Two thumbs up to Chamberlain Garage Doors for excellent customer service, and getting the part out to me in record time!

It's a pretty good free plug for Chamberlain

Always remember folks: Don't just put a garage door there, Chamberlain it!

Old 04-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike

I don't know why owners abuse their cars to go a few thousandth of a second faster > It's Crazy > , but it sure is fun...Keep us updated `OK...Hope U get in2 the 11's
Abuse??? It's not abuse if the car is built to take the 'punishment' it is subjected to.

Crazy? You bet!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday April 10, 2015