Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: FRIDAY > 12-02-11 < Click & Post

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:41 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning everyone 44 right now so not too chilly. I'll probably be working on my workshop for most of the day and then going to work this evening.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS;387542[B
Hope you got enough rest. A phone call at 5 am would really cut into my sleep. I hope it was all good news. ok gotta run[/B]

I got plenty of rest. It did not cut in to my sleep. It was nothing but the best news - the package I've been waiting for is in the mail. And by package, I mean shirt. I'll post pictures of it when I can. Now excuse me while I start on my first bowl of Cocoa Crispies. And Bud Light.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:14 AM

==========================================

Below is Rick's "Theme Song"
The Leader of The Pack - The Shangrillas - YouTube
^^^^^^Click & see Rick ^^^^^
LOL ~>
=======================================

Hey Space - I just noticed it says Fifty MILLION on Rick's scary biker picture. Do you think that's what he paid for the bike? I'd ask him....but that might be rude. Happy belated birthday!

Last edited by Space; 12-02-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 AM

..Good Morning `Angie, thanks for your birthday wishes I appreciate 4-Sure
=======================
I sure don't know if Rick paid that much for his bike, or that is what he is asking for it because he is the owner
I do know that the new Harley's are way out of my price range & I've seen many online that were priced $50K +...
I'm sure Rick will answer when he reads your post & request..
Lol Bud Light & Cocoa Crispies again I catch a buzz on just one beer, so `if I had the above for breakest it would be a buzzed one 4-Sure I'm a cheap drunk...one beer & I'm buzzed & two am I'm on my way 2 another planet
=======================================
Just about finished my night shift & I really need some Z's and a good reCharge...Catch everyone later...EnJoy your day, have fun & keep the Blog Going.... Peace/Out `Space

Old 12-02-2011, 09:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

morning everyone. We got enough snow to mess up the roads up this morning. The sun is out now so maybe it will dry up a bit. Just sitting here watching Gangland. Gonna do some housework in a bit.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Doing inventory today... Booo!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:53 AM

Good Morn'in `Lou, `Justin & EveryOne,
I'm happy I don't have to deal with snow 2day 4-Sure...Lou, wish you SunShine
=================
Hi Justin, I just finished my monthly inventory, but like you, I'm happy to be working 2day...Just got my last order confirmation in & just about finished work until 2night .

How comes `off time, goes so much faster then work time
p.s. Hi Amy & Keane & anyone else I may have missed.
EnJoy your day & weekend 4-Sure ~> Be Safe & Have `fun

Old 12-02-2011, 10:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Ashley, our horses and cattle (most of the cattle) were at two separate farms (we also had a lot of land that we farmed as well) so usually rounding up cattle involved a 4 wheeler instead of a horse LOL. Doubt I'll be up that way anytime soon. Closest I'll get is Gas City, IN to visit family before I deploy. But after I get back from deployment I'll probably be looking for something to help me adjust to being back home and deal with any potential issues I may have. As much as I've always loved riding horses that may be just the ticket .
Sounds fun! I wish we had more land, we have about 250 acres, which, around here, is a lot, but noting compared to out West!

But to update what I am doingg. My poor Monte is at the dealership getting a new ball joint and a tie rod end, and hopefully he is throwing a code about why he's shifting weird when I go uphill and when he is shifting into OD.
On a better note... I got my nose pierced last night!! Spur of the moment thing, but I always said I wouldn't get my nose done because it is largee, but oh well!

Hope everyone is having a great FRIDAY!!!!!

Old 12-02-2011, 10:45 AM

Happy Friday, All!

Looks like a nice day here, cold but sunny. 27 degrees when I got up. Brrrrr chilly.

Originally Posted by augi
This morning I went out to warm up my car and the low coolant light came on... #&$*%…['"]%=*="%* coolant elbow is seeping coolant... looks like eleanor is feeling neglected and wants attention.
Dustin - that sucks! And it's so much work to replace those $2 plastic elbows. I did it earlier this year when replacing upper / lower intake manifold gaskets. Ugh...

Another exciting weekend coming up. My son's high school play opened last night. They all did awesome. The author of the book from which the play was developed (Kevin Milne - 'The Paper Bag Christmas') is coming to the performance tonight. He's the grandson of A. A. Milne, author of 'Winnie the Pooh'. The high school theater director converted the book into a screenplay. Last night was the first time it's ever been performed.

Taking my old car to the mechanic today. I think something in the ignition circuit is trying to short-circuit. I can't find anything wrong; just a funky smell that makes me think something is frying. The smell started last Friday morning. That afternoon it wouldn't start. It eventually started (though I didn't really do anything, just checked fuses / connections). I've barely driven it since then. Hopefully it's something simple. My family has had waaaay too many car issues lately - though luckily not with the Monte.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: FRIDAY > 12-02-11 < Click & Post