Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Ford Mustang Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Ford Mustang Bullitt

[align=center]A look @ what will be on the roads next[/align][align=center]to the Camaro's, Monte Carlo's, Challenger's[/align][align=center][:-]

Mustang Bullitt [:-][/align][align=center]
ENGINE: 4.6-liter single-cam 24-valve V8
HORSEPOWER: 315
TORQUE: 325 lb feet
0-60 mph: 5.1 seconds
1/4 mile: 13.7 seconds @ 104 mph[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Member ExPlosive Soundz `Keegan could `beat `it
60-0 mph: 128 feet
EPA: 15 mpg city/ 23 mpg highway
2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Program #2726

There are few cars as famous as the Ford Mustang driven by Steve McQueen in the 1968 film "Bullitt." That car became such an enduring automotive icon that Ford honored it by releasing a limited-edition Bullitt Mustang in 2001. It was a huge hit. So, now Ford is producing a sequel. This '08 Bullitt combines vintage style and modern performance in a package that's truly worthy of the Bullitt name.
Few variations of a car already known for its passionate fans has excited muscle-car fanciers like the 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt. But then this second incarnation of Ford's limited-edition Bullitt replica is a lot closer to the original than the round we tested in 2001.
While the 2001 Bullitt was a flashy but very modern interpretation of Steve McQueen's movie hot rod, the 2008 Bullitt boasts a more stripped-down, back-to-basics character.
The retro lines of the current Mustang are as close to the 1968 model as you can get without hand beaten body work. And rather than tart it up, Ford designers followed a minimalist route, deleting trite touches like a rear spoiler and even the Mustang badge in the grille which is now a simple flat black honeycomb mouth.
The 5-spoke Euroflange alloy wheels with their dark grey finish, extended to the brake calipers, mimic those of the original movie car. But their modern 18-inch diameter allows the fitting of ZR-rated 235/50 performance tires.
Paint choices are limited to Steve McQueen green or optional black.
Bullitt badges appear on the faux tail end gas cap, door sills, and the thick rim steering wheel, borrowed from the current Shelby GT500. But the flashiest trim is the engine-turn finished alloy panel that dominates the dash.
[/align][align=center]Despite bright highlights, the cabin has a stark, down-to-business, leather trimmed atmosphere that's very 1960s, yet with 21st century amenities like Fords Shaker 500 or optional Shaker 1,000 audio systems.
But the real music comes from a packed and tuned stainless steel dual exhaust, which pumps out the greenhouse gases, from Ford's 4.6-liter single-cam 24-valve V8. Horsepower increases by 15 to 315, and torque by 5 pound-feet to 325, over the stock GT. You can thank the Ford Racing designed cold-air intake and recalibrated engine computer for that!
The gearbox also gets an upgrade to a heavy duty Tremec 5-speed, controlled by a Bullitt-exclusive shifter with a polished aluminum ball, while the live axle rear end gets 3.73 gearing, to help launch the Bullitt like, well, like a bullet, which on our clock means 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds; two-tenths faster than the 1st generation Bullitt. But things even out by the end of the quarter-mile, with a final time of 13.7 seconds at 104 miles-per-hour.
[b]The new rear

Old 03-03-2008, 06:24 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Ford Mustang Bullitt

I've always loved these new Mustangs. I really wanted one of these when I got the Monte.. but they were just too expensive.

I love the new Bullit Mustang... great cars.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:41 AM

Member's `if you R still Read'in
Check out the below link : )
It has the route that Steve McQueen drove in the Movie,& some better pic's of the Mustang : )
I really/really liked this movie...It's one of the
first movie's I seen. I liked Steve McQueen.
Did you see the Movie ? Did you like the
chase with the Charger ? WoW, I really like
the sounds they produced : )
Check it out/ click below link
[:-]

Old 03-03-2008, 06:47 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]I would really love to see a ReMake of Bullitt with a newChevy Camaro : )[/align][align=center]I would go for Sure, wouldn't you ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Click on below pic to watch U-Tube Vid[/align][align=center](Oh, let me know how it is ? My puter 2 slow 2 load it )

Bullitt - Steve McQueen Famous Car Chase

Time :
10 : 52

Bullitt is a 1968 thriller film starring Steve McQueen. It was distributed by Warner Bros. The director was Peter Yates. The story was adapted for the screen by Alan Trustman and Harry Kleiner, based on the novel titled Mute Witness (1963) by Robert L. Fish (aka Robert L. Pike). Lalo Schifrin wrote the original music score, a memorable mix of jazz, brass and percussion. The movie won the Academy Award for Best Film Editing (Frank P. Keller) and was nominated for Best Sound. Writers Trustman and Kleiner won a 1969 Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America for Best Motion Picture Screenplay. Bullitt is most-remembered for its central car chase scene through the streets of downtown San Francisco, one of the earliest and most influential car chase sequences in movie history.[1] The scene had Bullitt in a dark "Highland Green" 1968 Ford Mustang G.T.390 Fastback, chasing two hit-men in a "Tuxedo Black" 1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 Magnum. (In honor of the Mustang in the film, the Ford Motor Company produced a limited edition 2001 Ford Mustang GT "Bullitt Mustang," which took styling cues from the '68 movie car and even mimicked its exhaust note). [/align]

Old 03-03-2008, 08:58 AM

Front emblem delete is actually a big move. Looks great with just the plain grill.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Front emblem delete is actually a big move. Looks great with just the plain grill.
X2, but I'd still rather have a Camaro.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I look and those cars and go, Ehh big deal. They just dont do it for me. I wouldnt mind having one but I probably wouldnt fork over the cash for one. The dark green doesnt do it for me either.