Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

First Week in Kent Wa.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default First Week in Kent Wa.

Good Morning MCF,
Well, Been in Kent Wa for a week now. Been getting familiar with the area. Have seen lots of 6th gen Montes on the road. Even saw a twin to My Minion!

The Pod is coming today. I will have my Stuff. I've missed my Bass. Haven't played in 2 weeks. So i guess you all know how I will be bringing in the Easter holiday!

I haven't looked for work Yet. Waiting for my Computer, which has my Resume in it. But I have registered with the Work Services, (Wa. version of the One Stop Center) and have an Appointment with the Vet Rep. I've also registered with the V.A. hospital.

I've also become a fan of O'Rieley's Auto Parts and I've found a Pep Boys Service Center in Auburn that I think I am going to designate as My Service Center!

So things are moving along Quite Nicely,

Have a good Sat and a Happy Easter/Passover to all!!!!

Old 04-04-2015, 01:15 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Glad to hear things are going so well.
O'Reillys is my favorite local place to get things for my vehicles!!!

Old 04-04-2015, 02:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like things are moving along pretty good for ya JC! Great to hear the trip went well. Hope the job search is short and fruitful!

Old 04-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cool your getting situated out this way JC, hope the pod arrives unmolested unlike many military things, seems like someone was always missing something. You play a bass guitar eh? Some funk will always work... LOL, I can picture you jamming and working the strings, nice mental picture.

I smiled when I read on one of your posts that the best part about the whole trip west was going past the highway patrol at 83 mph and him not even giving you a second look. I agree it is so cool out this way about the speed limits. Here in Utah our local freeway speeds are 70 mph and the ones away from the cities are 80 mpg, which of course translates into 80 local 90 remote. LOL , it's just the nature of the beast.

Cool your in with a cluster of other Monte's, you might find one or 2 who actually care enough about it as a Monte to talk cars with you.

Are you trying to get a job with the V.A. or just registered with your local V.A. hospital? It will be nice to get your computer back for sure, hope all the unpacking goes well and you enjoy your new life out this way.

Did you get your Minion a refill on new oil yet? LOL, jk it all comes in time, what a wonderful car to have brought you all the way trouble free.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Great! Keep us updated! Enjoy your adventure

Old 04-04-2015, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member

I got all my Stuff, I left the audio wire plugged into my amp. Something fell on it and it snapped the plug. I got all the pieces out and used one from the Mrs's electric Piano speakers. Once I tuned my Bass and started playing, I didn't want to put it down. But, the Mrs had other plans. She gets her fix every day. There are 2 pianos in the house, her mom use to play before her joints froze up. Mo is also teaching her Grand Daughters, 8 and 3, to play. I like plying the Bass but I've got to take some lessons, learn the basics. Bass Scales and such, so I can Really Jam. Otherwise I'm just copying what I hear!

Other than that everything in the Pod was Ok. Having been a bus and Limo Driver, and working in the Shipping department helped when I came to packing things nice and secure.
So i got half the stuff out of the pod, mostly the electronic stuff. Nights here are still cold and moist.

Yeah doing 83 on I90 was cool. AND MY Minion did it like a champ. Although I don't think I wanna drive at that speed again. I've become a cruising guy in my Old Age! Lol

Old 04-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Glad to hear you are adjusting well to your new surroundings. Having moved 18 times by the time I was 18 I know all too well what it is like lol, on the positive I have friends all across the country, but it's hard to see them lol.

This is the first I've seen that you play the bass JC, I hope you keep up at it, and to be honest you only need to know 3 scales, they will get you through every situation. Just learn the pentatonic, the extended pentatonic and the mid pentatonic. Those are all you will need. After that just make sure you know the notes on the frets where you need to start the scale run trust me I've been doing it that way for years now and it gets me through every situation I've been in, and I've played with a lot of different players and hosted an open jam for 3 years playing songs I've never played before night after night

Old 04-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome to the Northwest JC. I see you here a lot. I'm a life time Washington resident who's never been to the east coast, so I can't compare. All I can say is it's been good to me. What brings you all the way over here anyway? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

glad to hear that you made it ok and that you are settling in ok, i think i seen that picture of that mountain on facebook, is that a really a volcano?

Old 04-10-2015, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member

George, Mt. Rainier is a Sleeping Volcano in the same chain as Mount Saint Helen. It hasn't erupted in a long time. I don't think it will in my life time. But I'll know what's up if the local rivers overflow or Lake Washington inexplicably dries up. Me and My Minion, and the Altima, will be heading North at 85 MPH! I know know both cars can handle it!

Quick Reply: First Week in Kent Wa.