Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

First Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My first car was a dark blue metallic 1985 Chevy Cavalier Type 10 hatchback.

It was a 2.0 litre 4 banger. Completely stock. Came from the factory with 90 horsepower.

I sold it to my uncle.

Attached Thumbnails First Car-page-25-pic-22_sm.jpg   First Car-page-25-pic-23_sm.jpg  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

space, im lovin that valiant you found, haha. i think a 440 & 4speed combo would be killer!

pink floyd, my mom had a '90 cilebrity wagon when i was 11, my grandparents gave it to her, and it was the biggest pos on the face of the earth! my dad washed it, and all the paint came off. it did not even have a tape deck, we put a head unit in but it was not compatible with the speakers & sounded awfull. our first trip in it was up to school, and the water pump went & the car almost cought on fire! we junked it, and i know it was crushed the world is a better place now, lol.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Hi J.J.
I think I found you 67 Valiant lol

It's now ready for a Hemi Implant
If it runs, it's always better then walk'in 4-Sure.
Wish U & reader's a `Happy
That is definitely a 67. I'd use a Max Wedge in a heart beat.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by skylark65
space, im lovin that valiant you found, haha. i think a 440 & 4speed combo would be killer!

pink floyd, my mom had a '90 cilebrity wagon when i was 11, my grandparents gave it to her, and it was the biggest pos on the face of the earth! my dad washed it, and all the paint came off. it did not even have a tape deck, we put a head unit in but it was not compatible with the speakers & sounded awfull. our first trip in it was up to school, and the water pump went & the car almost cought on fire! we junked it, and i know it was crushed the world is a better place now, lol.
yeah that sounds about right. Though I loved the early 90s, up until the mid 90's, it then sucked sucked, esp. tv shows haha. Now tell me if you ever heard of this. Since the tape player my car ddint work, I put a cd player in my car. Ok cool, right? Well when it got to about 65 degrees and below, it wouldn't play cds, it would just spit them out. haha. People think Im crazy when I tell them that. But if it was warmer, it would be okay.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by PINKFLOYD_
yeah that sounds about right. Though I loved the early 90s, up until the mid 90's, it then sucked sucked, esp. tv shows haha. Now tell me if you ever heard of this. Since the tape player my car ddint work, I put a cd player in my car. Ok cool, right? Well when it got to about 65 degrees and below, it wouldn't play cds, it would just spit them out. haha. People think Im crazy when I tell them that. But if it was warmer, it would be okay.
i have no idea. we put a cheepo tape deck head unit in ours, but after reading the manual we found out the car had " revolutionary ungrounded speakers" that would not work with any aftermarket components.

funny thing is, the van my dad just got has a factory cd player, and it only plays rob zombie, bruce springsteen, and... pink floyd! haha. it does not matter the album, but if its any other artist it spits them back out, lol. now tell me that aint weird!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:40 AM

i have no idea. we put a cheepo tape deck head unit in ours, but after reading the manual we found out the car had " revolutionary ungrounded speakers" that would not work with any aftermarket components.

funny thing is, the van my dad just got has a factory cd player, and it only plays rob zombie, bruce springsteen, and... pink floyd! haha. it does not matter the album, but if its any other artist it spits them back out, lol. now tell me that aint weird!
Thats actually kinda interesting....very interesting.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:14 PM
rj
15 Year Member

howdy! another discussion thread !

what was your first car / truck / mode of transportation?

secondly, what became of it? ( sold, wrecked, junked, or tucked in a barn somewhere....)

i do realize that some members have a monte as their first car ( lucky.... lol) but feel free to post about it anyways.

poat about anything, cars, trucks, motercycles / dirtbikes, tractors, anything with an engine.

pics. welcome & encouraged!
1957 Chevrolet BelAir 2-door Hardtop.

Purchased july, 1972. I was 14 years old. Father drove it the 10 or so miles home and it sat in the backyard for close to 18 months before I ever got the drive it on the streets.

Sure I used to move it around the yard and sometimes I'd pull it on the street and turn it around.

I saved my lunch money to buy parts for it. A local salvage yard took pity on a poor high school kid. They'd sell me parts for a dollar. ($1)

Fast forward, we will be together 37 years next month.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
1957 Chevrolet BelAir 2-door Hardtop.

Purchased july, 1972. I was 14 years old. Father drove it the 10 or so miles home and it sat in the backyard for close to 18 months before I ever got the drive it on the streets.

Sure I used to move it around the yard and sometimes I'd pull it on the street and turn it around.

I saved my lunch money to buy parts for it. A local salvage yard took pity on a poor high school kid. They'd sell me parts for a dollar. ($1)

Fast forward, we will be together 37 years next month.

Nice car! Wheels look kinda small though. Could use some nice 22's

Old 06-21-2009, 06:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

My first car was my dads truck, a 1989 Chevy Silverado C/K 2500 long bed navy blue. I drove that for 2.5 years, and still have it, just don't drive it much.

After the truck I got a 2003 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport coupe. Black with a 5 speed and the Ecotec 2.2L Fully loaded (for a Cavalier) moonroof and power everything. I loved this car, and loved getting 30ish MPG all the time, especially coming from a truck that gets 15. But after a 1.5 years of owning it, it got wrecked. There is a pic of my Cavalier when I frist got it in one of my alblums...its in the one titled NEW Mods!

Then I bought the Monte Brand new a week after my Cavalier got wrecked on 6/15/07! This is by far my favorite car of all of them!

Last edited by MAMONTE; 06-21-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Nice car! Wheels look kinda small though. Could use some nice 22's
HA! HA!

All I can say is: "Too bad."

It's old school for this old car.

Most it will get (at this point in my life) is 15" wheels.

Quick Reply: First Car