Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

First Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool First Car

howdy! another discussion thread !

what was your first car / truck / mode of transportation?

secondly, what became of it? ( sold, wrecked, junked, or tucked in a barn somewhere....)

i do realize that some members have a monte as their first car ( lucky.... lol) but feel free to post about it anyways.

poat about anything, cars, trucks, motercycles / dirtbikes, tractors, anything with an engine.

pics. welcome & encouraged!

my first vehicle was a '51 dodge p/u i got when i was 11, yellow & black, needed a total overhaull, but i got it runnin & used to putt around our yard in it. sadly, i sold it 2 summers ago because i felt bad seeing it sit while i worked on my buick. i did not get a fortune for it, but the buyer is a real dodge truck fan, and has 2 or 3 similar trucks restored to stock & living a pampared life, so i know it found a good home. the best twist was that the buyer attends a small show that me & my dad also always frequent. he bumped into us, and showed me pics. of the resto of my truck! hopefully he brings it out this summer,

Old 06-18-2009, 07:19 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

My 1st car was a brand new 1993 Pontiac Sunbird LE coupe - Sapphire Blue. It was beautiful. I got it at the end of my Sophomore year at college. I kept it for 4 years and traded it for a 96 Pontiac Grand Prix coupe.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

1st was a '64 Impala SS. Dark aqua w/ white interior. 283 powerglide that I converted to a 4 sp. Bought a '65 Comet 289 hi-po 4sp and sold the Impala. Don't ask what I bought it or sold it for, nor the Comet, nor......

Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 PM

My first car was a 1988 olds cutlass supreme with a 307 in it. i sold it for 1200 bucks in 1997 with my centerline autodrags and hoosiers on it. i took the money and bought my 80 monte for 750 bucks. the guy that bought the olds from what i was told put a respectable combo in it. something i wish i could have afforded at the time.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:09 AM

haha. Well, even when I first got my car I knew it was pos. It was a 1990 Cutlas Ciera. When I first got it, I belive it had 163,000 miles on it. The last time I drove it it had 178,000 ish on it. Though it was free, i couldnt really complain....but I did. I told my dad every day it was a death trap. My friends even named it the death trap. Brakes went on me, transmission slipped badly, dry rotted tire (and yes, I mean DRY) gas tank leaked, etc. The fuel sender went DEAD in january and had to get the car towed. Nothing but problems. Like the manual mirrors, even manaual, they didnt work. The cassette player didnt work, and the windows took a year to roll down. There was a bb hole that has now grown to the size of a bullet, The clear coat on it is half gone etc. You know it's bad when you have to go 65 in a 30 to get back up on the other side. It was a very "bad luck" car and have a grudge to this day against it. Theres more things I cant remember but i singe when I see them things (ciearas). I honestly beleive a car has a soul, the death trap hated me. I love lucy, I know for sure* she wouldnt do the same **** that car would do. I'll give the death trap to my cousin....yeah, thats what i'll do..."hear, it's yours" haha... before I shoot the damn thing with 7.62x54's. Never buy a Cutlas*...they are junk. When I first got my license I told my dad I'm going to save up for a monte. Three years later I finally got one. I saved every penny from work and paid cash for it. I love her dearly, even people at work will ask "Hey Paul How's Lucy?".

Old 06-19-2009, 04:15 AM

my first car I bought was an '86 Monte SS in 1994. it got junked in '96.
the car I learned to drive in was a '73 Grand Prix with a 455cid! that was around '91.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Thumbs up

Hi Ryan,
My first car was a Honda Del Sol Modified Vtec
It ran good only in the High Rev Zone

Got it @ 15 with my life's savings : (
Got me in a lot of trouble
Some lessons R more eXpensive then others
4-Sure.
"Don't Street Race ~> take it 2 the Track"
or
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Traded it even 4 a Mint 2005 Monte LT 3.8L
and fell in love with Monte Carlos
Yes, I was a Ricer
But I've learned as I've traveled my
Highways of `Life

Attached Thumbnails First Car-kid-vtec-honda.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 06-19-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

My first car was a 67 Plymouth Valiant. Earned by fixing a 67 Cuda. The owner didnt have enough money so she told me if i would take a car instead. I had it for a few months before it was completely dead. We sold it someone and about a week later i found it sitting with the hood open on the freeway. This was in 1981 when i was 15.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
My first car was a 67 Plymouth Valiant. Earned by fixing a 67 Cuda. The owner didnt have enough money so she told me if i would take a car instead. I had it for a few months before it was completely dead. We sold it someone and about a week later i found it sitting with the hood open on the freeway. This was in 1981 when i was 15.

Hi J.J.
I think I found you 67 Valiant lol

It's now ready for a Hemi Implant
If it runs, it's always better then walk'in 4-Sure.
Wish U & reader's a `Happy

Old 06-19-2009, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My first car was a 1995 Chevy Lumina. In that shade of blue that looks purple when the sun hits it...

Tons of problems with the car (when I got it there was 150k mileage) Had that car until almost 200k when I had the infamous head-gasket issue. Used to overheat twice in 5 miles. Sold it to a friend for $50 and got myself a beater car until I got my Monte.

But I learned a lot about cars (since so much went wrong with that one) and that started the obsession and the Monte made it worse :P

Quick Reply: First Car