Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Favorite Adrenaline Pumping Movies??!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

talking about "Intimidators" I saw an 02 at Taco Bell today with a donut spare on the front passenger side...

Old 09-17-2011, 10:58 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man theres alot of movies with montes

Old 09-17-2011, 11:00 PM

The first movie isn't a car movie but I love it just the same. The rest of the list includes old car movies that were the pioneers in what we have come to expect in car chase movies now.

Top Gun: not a car movie but lots of action and some nice clips of military planes and ships, plus I think Kelly McGillis is hot.
Car movies:
Gone In 60 Seconds- there are two versions of this movie. The recent remake with Nick Cage, Angelina Jolie, and Robert Duvall. With those three it can't be bad. Then there is the original from the late seventies with H.A. Halicki. It has some great wheel action. The plot is a bit needy but well worth watching. H.A. Halicki used some of the same footage in four or five different movies that he did before his death. They are all car movies with a different plot. If it wasn't for the car scenes they would be fairly lame, but it's a car movie. I may have his initials incorrect but the last name is right so do a search on Halicki or Gone in 60 Seconds and you will find all his movies and a history on him. He was one of the pioneers in stunt work in film.
Dirty Mary / Crazy Larry- another good car chase flick.
Vanishing Point- there are two versions of this classic. The original had Barry Newman as the star and a 70 Dodge Challenger. It is well worth your time to view. The remake stayed true to the original with a similar story line. It also is good.
Days of Thunder- this is a NASCAR inspired movie starring Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, and Robert Duvall. A must see.
Bullit- 68 Mustang fastback, 68 Dodge Charger, Steve McQueen. Do I really need to say more?
The 7 UPS- one of the first car chase movies with Gene Hackman. It is old but still good. Not much high tech here as I think it was filmed in about 72.
The Dukes Of Hazzard- both the movies and the TV series. What is hotter than a 69 Dodge Charger running around and either Catherine Bach or Jessica Simpson in a low cut shirt with lots of cleavage showing and short shorts sliding across the hood of the General Lee. OPPS I just drooled all over my keyboard. Lol.
Hawaii 5-0- the TV series had lots of car action and had a dated but good plot." Bookem Danno".
The Fast and Furious franchise is good too.
The Herbie The Love Bug franchise from Disney is good wholesome fun for the whole family.
The Italian Job- Mini Coopers and bank robbers.
Christine- a Steven King horror flick starring a 57 Plymouth Fury
Grease- John Travolta, Olivia Newton John, Stokard Channing, a 50 Merc and lots of other 50's iron. Highly recommended.
American Graffiti- Ron Howard, Cindy Williams, Harrison Ford, and tons of 50's cars. Highly recommended
Robert Mitchem, Elvis Presley, and James Dean starred in some late 50's early 60's car flicks too. The titles don't come to mind at this moment.
That is all that comes to mind. I will add to this list.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
that pooor Intimidator Monte Carlo in the Enrique Inglasias music video !!

VV
Enrique Iglesias - Away ft. Sean Garrett - YouTube
^^
I hope it was already wrecked and I wonder if they paid any kind of fee's to use the intimadator logo.

Emnasty awesome link you posted. I'll have to check some of them out when I have time

Old 09-18-2011, 05:00 PM

Here are a few more movies and tv shows that had cars as the stars.

The Smokey and The Bandit trilogy
Knight Rider both new and old.
Nash Bridges
The A-Team
Two Lane Blacktop
Hollywood Knights
Adam 12
The Fall Guy
Mannix
The Rockford Files
Magnum P.I.
Hardcasle & McCormick
CHiPs
Corvette Summer

Old 09-18-2011, 06:51 PM

Some animated car flicks:
Speed Racer
Speed Buggy
Cars
Cars 2

Non-animated
Starsky and Hutch
Simon and Simon

Old 09-27-2011, 06:59 PM

Shaft

Old 09-27-2011, 07:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Fastlane was a good tv show
Gone in 60 seconds

Old 10-18-2011, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I watched The Hitcher (2007) remake. i thought it was pretty good. theres a killer 442 in it. makes me want to go get one now!!

Old 10-18-2011, 02:59 PM
1 Year Member

Transformers movies
Blues Brothers is good

Quick Reply: Favorite Adrenaline Pumping Movies??!