Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Father's day...What are you doing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 06:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sounds like a great concert Jerry. I love all 3 of them.

As for my fathers day I am not sure what will be going on yet. I'm sure we'll go see my father in law and spend some time with him. Also my kids will be around too. I'm sure it will be a great day.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:19 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm going to be hanging out with my Dad the whole weekend. Going to help him with things around his house to get it ready for my Sister's visit in July.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Well I plan on doing NOTHING! It's father's Day. So I'm going to do what ever .... I know my wife is planning a big dinner. So that means that my 2 daughter & their familys will be over on Sunday. To me its just another day. But I go along with it. I miss my Dad on days like this. Just like most of us. He passed on before I married my wife. But at least he got to meet her. But he never got to see his 6 grand kids or 9 great grand kids. Anyways No car shows for me this weekend. But I'll enjoy the day with my family.I hope they feel about me. The way I feel about my Dad...........

Old 06-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Well I plan on doing NOTHING! It's father's Day. So I'm going to do what ever .... I know my wife is planning a big dinner. So that means that my 2 daughter & their familys will be over on Sunday. To me its just another day. But I go along with it. I miss my Dad on days like this. Just like most of us. He passed on before I married my wife. But at least he got to meet her. But he never got to see his 6 grand kids or 9 great grand kids. Anyways No car shows for me this weekend. But I'll enjoy the day with my family.I hope they feel about me. The way I feel about my Dad...........

Yep I dono what it is Rick but all the arguments dad and I used to have while I was growing up seam so petty now. Call me wierd but driving in the Deuce sometimes, I can feel his presence like he was riding with me. (He loved Montes most of all). Our family day will be Sat. with the MCF meet and greet and brother-in-law's house later on. On fathers day I will dink around on the Deuce. Have a GREAT CHEVY week-end my friend

Last edited by Tadcaster; 06-15-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
I'm going to be hanging out with my Dad the whole weekend. Going to help him with things around his house to get it ready for my Sister's visit in July.
Amy your a good daughter 4-sure!

Old 06-15-2012, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
That sounds like a great concert Jerry. I love all 3 of them.

As for my fathers day I am not sure what will be going on yet. I'm sure we'll go see my father in law and spend some time with him. Also my kids will be around too. I'm sure it will be a great day.
Lou nothing could be better IMO

Old 06-15-2012, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Tadd & Member's,
What am I doing on Father's Day ? I'm going to try & become a father (LOL) No, I'm not ready yet, but I look forward to having children in my future 4-Sure...

I plan on taking my `Off Time and spending it with my grandfather. My BeachBum friends & I are planning a get together with my grandfather & hopefully go out fishing in the Ocean (weather permitting). Several of our senior friends are preparing some picnic foods for the event & we got my grandfather a super gift...(I can't post it now, because he visits the MCF : )
Space you are fortunate that your grandfather stepped up to the plate and offered you his love and open arms. Your experiance growing up is legendary. Living on a boat, on the beach and assorted seniors guiding your way. you came up a terrific young man.
Hope your week end is what we used to call groovey

Old 06-15-2012, 09:24 PM

I have to work on Saturday. Sunday I have off but Susan has to work until five. We plan on visiting her father after she gets home. I hope that I hear from my oldest two kids and my youngest three still think daddy is the next best thing to sliced bread. A hug and a kiss will make my day.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:10 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
I have to work on Saturday. Sunday I have off but Susan has to work until five. We plan on visiting her father after she gets home. I hope that I hear from my oldest two kids and my youngest three still think daddy is the next best thing to sliced bread. A hug and a kiss will make my day.
A hug and a kiss from your kid or grand kid is super awsome 4-sure.

have a great day Mouseman!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Space you are fortunate that your grandfather stepped up to the plate and offered you his love and open arms. Your experiance growing up is legendary. Living on a boat, on the beach and assorted seniors guiding your way. you came up a terrific young man.
Hope your week end is what we used to call groovey
Thanks so much `Tadd, I missed your post yesterday & just found it this morning...

Yes, I sure am blessed & fortunate to have a SuperSuper Grandfather/Mentor & Friend. I don't even want to think of what would have happened to me `if my Grandfather did not keep me when my `Mother left me with him & never returned... 4-Sure..

My beachbum friends & I have special plans for him on Father's Day...He has helped so many on his journey & has given `up so much of his life/income to helping others.

Wish you a Super Father's day & thanks again for your thoughts/comments/words

Quick Reply: Father's day...What are you doing?