Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Father's day...What are you doing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Father's day...What are you doing?

Just thought I'd start a thread to see what members are doing this week-end

Saterday late morning /earliy afternoon I am going to the MCF meet and greet in Charlotte MI. Afterwards I am going to my brother-in-law's place for a family get-to-gether for my father-in-law. BBQ and kicking back with my 4 brother-in-laws and dad and assorted other family members. Zach my step son said he would meet us there too. So going to be a very good day 4 sure

Sunday:
I will call mom as she misses dad on this day (among other days). My grandkids and daughter will prob call me on sunday. I will spend the day under the Deuce cleaning her underside and painting for the Monte nats coming up VERY soon.

So whatsup with you guys/gals??

Old 06-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Going to fathers day car show at Rolling Hills Zoo in Salina Ks. Been twice with El Camino lot of fun. Google the zoo and check out car show. Get to park in zoo and check out animals nice lake will take pics. Got in class 2000 up modified see what happens Heartbeat looking good detalied engine bay. Butch

Old 06-14-2012, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by butch049
Going to fathers day car show at Rolling Hills Zoo in Salina Ks. Been twice with El Camino lot of fun. Google the zoo and check out car show. Get to park in zoo and check out animals nice lake will take pics. Got in class 2000 up modified see what happens Heartbeat looking good detalied engine bay. Butch
Good Luck Butch! Hey my Daughter and her little family live in Payola Ks. If you see her tell her to call her dad!

Let us know how the car show went AND POST PICS!

Old 06-14-2012, 06:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

I don't have anything planned for Saturday. Probably do a little touch up detailing to the monte after getting back from grocery shopping. Sunday I'm going to the annual Father's Day Car Show in Burien.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I don't have anything planned for Saturday. Probably do a little touch up detailing to the monte after getting back from grocery shopping. Sunday I'm going to the annual Father's Day Car Show in Burien.

Mike, are you going to enter your car or are you going just to kick back and look at other cars? Don't 4-get your camera !!! (I've done that b-4)

Old 06-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Good Luck Butch! Hey my Daughter and her little family live in Payola Ks. If you see her tell her to call her dad!

Let us know how the car show went AND POST PICS!
Shes about 160 mi from zoo Good luck 03ssle

Old 06-14-2012, 07:13 AM

I'll be getting ready for work that evening. My dad lives halfway around the world so I won't be able to spend any of it with him.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
I'll be getting ready for work that evening. My dad lives halfway around the world so I won't be able to spend any of it with him.
Hey Sarge you wil give him a call won't you? A card works great too!

BTW thanks for your service on this and all days.
I spent most of my Thanksgivings out at sea.
(The old man liked the Navy chow on Thanksgiving and being out to sea made it special for him )

Old 06-14-2012, 07:56 AM

Unfortunately it costs an arm and a leg to make international calls on my phone but I will at the very least I'll send him a message on facebook. Also, when he's available to take calls, I'm at work (gotta love night shift).

And thank you. It is the Army's birthday after all. I say HOOAH!

Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 AM

Hi `Tadd & Member's,
What am I doing on Father's Day ? I'm going to try & become a father (LOL) No, I'm not ready yet, but I look forward to having children in my future 4-Sure...

I plan on taking my `Off Time and spending it with my grandfather. My BeachBum friends & I are planning a get together with my grandfather & hopefully go out fishing in the Ocean (weather permitting). Several of our senior friends are preparing some picnic foods for the event & we got my grandfather a super gift...(I can't post it now, because he visits the MCF : )

Quick Reply: Father's day...What are you doing?