Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Father's Day: Sunday - June 19th

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Father's Day: Sunday - June 19th

ReMinder 2 Member's,
Sunday is Father's `Day
June 19th, 2011

I don't know who my father is, and I was raised by my grandfather & his senior friends.
My grandfather is my mentor, my best friend & I love him 4-Sure
He gave`up so much to raise me 4-Sure.
Happy GrandFather's Day 2 him 4 Real

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are you doing for your Father ?
Remember, you would not be here `if it wasn't 4 your Father

Last edited by Space; 06-18-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My family is going out to eat Saturday night. Nice little italian restaurant that overlooks the lake.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:28 AM

here in our little town of Hermitage, PA there is a car show every fathers day. i have not missed one yet since i was a kid. of course it helps a lil that it happens to be right at the end of my drive way lol

http://sites.google.com/site/shenang...egionaaca/Home

Last edited by CashMoney; 06-17-2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: added link
Old 06-17-2011, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by CashMoney
here in our little town of Hermitage, PA there is a car show every fathers day. i have not missed one yet since i was a kid. of course it helps a lil that it happens to be right at the end of my drive way lol

We hope you take pictures & Share : ) Sounds like a fun event...EnJoy your Father's Day WeekEnd.
Below is infor about the show
Events in Hermitage Pennsylvania - Mercer County PA
Annual Father's Day Car Cruise

WHEN: Annually on Father's Day.
Sunday, June 19, 2011 - Noon to 4PM
WHERE: Downtown Hermitage PA (Mercer County.)
DESCRIPTION: Annual car show held on Father's Day, sponsored by the Shenango Valley Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America. Free to spectators, $10.00 per antique car. Lots of cars and fun!
WEBSITE: Shenango Valley Region AACA - 39 Years Of Classic Car Collecting - 29th Annual Car Show.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

going to Mackinac Island for a friend's wedding should be a fun week-end. Looking to do a ghost tour at the old British Fort and cematary there. Cars are not allowed on the Island so Deuce Coupe will stay home taking the 04 Monte and have to park her in a lot on the mainland. Got my cell to take calls from the grand kids and kids.

Nice break for the wife and me. Things are way laid back in the island.

You all have a great week-end and remember your dad's! Mine has been passed since 92. I think of him often and now wish I would have been more attentive to him on father's day.

Have a great Chevy type Week-end!!!!!

Old 06-17-2011, 11:54 AM
rj
15 Year Member

A place called Greenville, OH has a car show every Father's day. A local club called: Rollin 50s hosts the show and have since the 1980s. I haven't attended in years. I'll probably be in Church like I need to be and have for years.

I am very thankfull my father got to come home from the hospital this afternoon. Things don't look too promising as far as the issues he was having. Unless I misunderstood any time they put you on a ventilator (breathing machine) for surgery it increases your chances of developing alzheimers (sp) later on. My dad had a quadruple by-pass in 2000 and they used the maching for close to 80 minutes during the surgery. Hopefully with medication it will slow the process so he will continue to live a fruitful life.

Oh. they thought my dad had a stroke wednesday night. They said they did find some issues in the brain they feel connected with this stroke. but he's back home now after being in the hospital since wednesday night.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:59 PM

...Hi Mod R.J.,
Sorry to read about your father, but I was happy to read that he is back home. How old is your father ?

I know that it's not easy to watch the ones you love fading, but it will happen to us all. I hope that you can spend some quality time with him and be thankful he is still with you.
I will keep you & yours in my thoughts & prayers to the Super`Dude.
p.s. Keep us updated & thanks 4 sharing...

Old 06-18-2011, 08:10 AM

Happy Father's Day
To all MCF Father's
4-Sure

Old 06-18-2011, 11:29 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm going to take my Dad out for dinner on Sunday.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:42 AM

-> RJ: My thoughts are with you RJ for your dad.. good luck. My dad recently had a small stroke too, fortunately it was minor (as strokes go) and he was able to recover pretty much in full, but it was a reminder that my 'Superman' wasn't quite rock and steel any more. What sucks is my family is still in Indiana and I haven't got to see them in years (we talk almost daily though). To all, make the most of it while you can.

On the positive side, this weekend was eventful. My step-daughter has been not wanting to visit her dad on the weekends anymore and puts a big fight. She said she wanted to spend fathers day with me, not at his house. That means a lot to me, for sure! I've raised her since she was 5 (she's now 11) and she acts just like me (and her mom... bad combination sometimes!) :-)

Happy fathers day to all!

Quick Reply: Father's Day: Sunday - June 19th