Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Falls from `Space:~->~->~->X

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Falls from `Space:~->~->~->X

[align=center][align=center][/align][align=center]You can click more then one above[/align][/align][align=center]Falling From `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]WARNING:[/align][align=center]Protect your family/friends and most[/align][align=center]importantly, your Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]There's Danger EveryWhere : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A large U.S. spy satellite has lost power and propulsion and could hit the Earth in late February or March, government officials said Saturday.

The satellite, which no longer be controlled, could contain hazardous materials, and it is unknown where on the planet it might come down, they said. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the information is classified as secret.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Defunct Spy Satellite Falling From Orbit[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Jan 26 03:27 PM US/Eastern
By EILEEN SULLIVAN
Associated Press Writer
[/align][align=center]

WASHINGTON (AP) - A large U.S. spy satellite has lost power and propulsion and could hit the Earth in late February or March, government officials said Saturday.
The satellite, which no longer be controlled, could contain hazardous materials, and it is unknown where on the planet it might come down, they said. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the information is classified as secret.
"Appropriate government agencies are monitoring the situation," said Gordon Johndroe, a spokesman for the National Security Council. "Numerous satellites over the years have come out of orbit and fallen harmlessly. We are looking at potential options to mitigate any possible damage[b][font="times new roman"] this satellite may cause." [/fon

Old 01-28-2008, 07:43 AM
Default RE: Fall from `Space ~0~~~~X

Spy sattelites are nowhere near the size of the space station, so most likely it will just burn up upon reentry into the atmosphere. If anything does get through, it will probably be the size of a baseball.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:51 AM

Thanks `Ben for your post.
But have you ever been hit hard by a baseball ?
Where's it at ? When is it gona `hit me : )
LOL ~ LOL

Old 01-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Space, where do you get those goofy looking characters? LOL

oh, never mind, they come from space, silly me.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:59 AM

ORIGINAL: dustybird3

Space, where do you get those goofy looking characters? LOL

oh, never mind, they come from space, silly me.
Hi `Becky,
I just love it when member's answer their own questions
LOL ~ LOL

Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I'm not worried. What ever doesn't burn up on re-entry will most likely be tracked by the military and blown up before it can fall into the wrong hands.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:17 AM

so now how much will it cost for us to put another one up?

Old 01-28-2008, 09:27 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: kweef

so now how much will it cost for us to put another one up?
[/align][align=center]Hi Jeremy, & how R U 2-Day : ) ?[/align][align=center]It only cost `bout $1 Billion Dollar,[/align][align=center]but don't worry, we can put it on a Master or Visa Card : )[/align][align=center]Or [/align][align=center]The Treasury Dept has plenty of Monopoly Money[/align][align=center]that they have been printing. Not enough gold/oil to back it `up : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]US has Money to burn : ( The taxpayer will `pay for `it.[/align][align=center]The Elected officials companies will built it and make millions.[/align][align=center]Gas will be up 2 $20 a gal + : ([/align][align=center]We must `Spy......2 C what's go'in on : )[/align][align=center]They are look'in @ U now : )[/align][align=center]Peace/Out[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Massive New Top Secret Spy-Satellite Program to Cost up to $... [/align]The new models are likely to be significantly smaller and cheaper than the current generation of spy satellites, which cost about $1 billion each, ...
www.commondreams.org/headlines01/0318-02.htm - 24k - Similar pages
Oh, just checked Google Earth...it's now check'in out the
Playboy Mansion : )

Old 01-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Can we get a refund on on it or has the warranty expired? It was probably made in China anyway.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:31 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: dustybird3

Can we get a refund on on it or has the warranty expired? It was probably made in China anyway.
[/align][align=center]I'm sorry `Becky, there isn't a WARRANTY [X(][/align][align=center]But they said there is No Charge for Return [/align][align=center]Here it comes, here it comes[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I'm scared...., I gona run from `it [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Where 2 ? Where do I hide ? [/align][align=center]I heard the odd's of gett'in hit is like winning the Lotto.[/align][align=center]With my Luck, I will win the Lotto & then it will fall on me : )[/align][align=center]There's just 2 much `Space : )[/align][align=center][/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/6383F98045FB457AAA22374723A20012.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Falls from `Space:~->~->~->X