Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> Exotic Auto Dreamers Only + 2013 S.S. <

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool > Exotic Auto Dreamers Only + 2013 S.S. <

First Drive Review,
Oh, if you don't want to read the below (?) just click here ~>

to watch a 3 minute decent `vid on the below

<HGROUP>2013 Ferrari F12berlinetta

Specifications >

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 3-door hatchback

BASE PRICE: $330,000 If U got `it, U got it 4-Sure

ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 48-valve V-12, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection

Displacement: 382 cu in, 6262 cc
Power: 730 hp @ 8250 rpm
Torque: 509 lb-ft @ 6000 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 7-speed dual-clutch automatic with manual shifting mode

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 107.1 in
Length: 181.8 in
Width: 76.5 in Height: 50.1 in
Curb weight (C/D est): 3800 lb

PERFORMANCE (C/D EST):
Zero to 60 mph: 3.1 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 7.1 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 11.1 sec
Top speed: 211 mphFUEL ECONOMY (C/D EST):
EPA city/highway driving: 12/16 mpg< If U can afford this car MPG doesn't matter ?

Another masterpiece from Maranello.

</HGROUP></HEADER>Within the coral-colored brick walls of Ferrari’s Maranello operations, a new supercar is starting to roll off the line. The replacement for the 599GTB Fiorano and its numerous offshoots, the new F12berlinetta will be Ferrari’s most expensive, quickest, and most powerful model when it goes on sale in the U.S. early next year at an estimated price of $330,000. Its reign as Ferrari’s flagship will be a brief one, as the Enzo replacement is expected to break cover at the Paris auto show this fall and go on sale in mid-to-late 2013.
But back to the F12. It’s a traditional Ferrari in that it seats two and has a V-12 mounted ahead of the driver. And yet tradition isn’t among the reasons Ferrari gives when asked why the F12 isn’t mid-engined or why it’s made of aluminum instead of carbon-fiber composite. As to the latter, Ferrari claims that carbon fiber is much harder to produce and get right, carbon-fiber structures usually make for difficult ingress and egress, and aluminum is easier to repair. This might sound like Ferrari trying to convince us that the world is flat, that drum brakes are better than disc brakes, that bianco is nero, but we expect the F12 to weigh in at about 3800 pounds, less than the 4085-pound Lamborghini Aventador we tested earlier this year.
<TABLE class=default border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=429><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
My Thing Is Burlier Than Your Thing
Here’s another important number: 730. As in 730 hp, which is what the F12’s 6.3-liter V-12 makes at 8250 rpm, and that’s 39 more horses than in the big Lambo. Off the line, the Aventador’s all-wheel drive provides a better launch than the rear-drive F12 likely can muster, but the Ferrari’s superior power-to-weight ratio should give it the advantage once rolling. Closely related to the FF’s 6.3-liter V-12, the version in the F12 gets a unique block without an AWD-enabling output shaft at the front, a higher compression ratio (13.5:1), different cams, and two ingot-like resonators that hang off the front of the aluminum intake manifold to improve breathing. Revs don’t so much increase but rather spiral out of control as if someone had forgotten to install the flywheel. Fortunately, LEDs at the top of the steering wheel illuminate as the 8500-rpm redline approaches and then flash in unison when the engine reaches its 8700-rpm cutoff.
The lights aren’t merely an affectation, like hood-mounted tachometers or A-pillar-mounted gauges—they’re crucial pieces of instrumentation. Through the first few gears, you’re looking more at the leather-wrapped visors than the tachometer, as your neck works in vain to level your noggin. In fact, the V-12 seems to be hellbent on making your neck feel like an overcooked piece of spaghetti.
Indeed, the “launch” button between the seats should be marked “whiplash.” Press it, place your left foot on the brake pedal, your right foot on the accelerator, and the mighty V-12 will hold at 3000 rpm until you lift off the brake. That dumps the clutch, and the rear wheels briefly break loose before hooking up. The seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox automatically upshifts in this mode. Shifts are right now immediate, and Ferrari purposely programs the powertrain to provide an extra jolt on full-throttle upshifts. Why? Because 730 horses are apparently not dramatic enough for Ferrari engineers. We estimate that 60 mph will be a mere 3.1 seconds away, with the quarter-mile a trifling thing accomplished in 11.1. Acceleration continues until 211 mph, at which point the engine reaches its redline in seventh gear.
<TABLE class=default border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=429><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Fast, Yes, but Also Forgiving
There’s an old saw that says good horses don’t like bad riders. The F12 is one good horse carefully programmed to tolerate the unskilled. Electronic watchdogs monitor stability control, traction control, magnetic shock stiffness, gearbox shift speed, and rear differential to keep bad riders from becoming dead riders. Better riders can turn the small steering-wheel-mounted **** (Ferrari calls it a manettino) to reduce the amount of electronic intervention or shut it off entirely.
Although the electronic nets are onboard to protect the innocent or stupid, they aren’t responsible for the F12’s friendly manners. Ferrari worked obsessively to lower the F12’s center of gravity and to carefully package the heaviest components within its 107.1-inch wheelbase. The V-12 is perched right up against the firewall and mounted lower than in the 599, and the transaxle naturally sits between the rear wheels. A slight rearward weight bias—54 percent rides the drive wheels—ensures balanced handling, without the danger of the tail wagging the dog. Continued...

<NAV class=mod>PHOTOS (49) < Pictures
Source
2013 Ferrari F12berlinetta First Drive – Review – Car and Driver

Last edited by Space; 08-03-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Default Bonus: 2013 Camaro S.S.

First Drive Review

VIEW PHOTOS (23)
Specifications>

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 2-door coupe
BASE PRICE: $37,305
ENGINE TYPE: pushrod 16-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection

Displacement: 376 cu in, 6162 cc
Power: 426 hp @ 5900 rpm
Torque: 420 lb-ft @ 4600 rpm TRANSMISSION: 6-speed manual

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 112.3 in
Length: 190.4 in
Width: 75.5 in Height: 54.2 in
Curb weight (C/D est): 3900 lb
PERFORMANCE (C/D EST):
Zero to 60 mph: 4.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 10.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.0 sec
Top speed: 157 mph FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 16/24 mpg
<HGROUP>2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE

This package makes 1 Less Excuse not to buy a Camaro.

</HGROUP></HEADER>Note to Chevrolet: There are some things about the ’80s that aren’t worthy of nostalgia. The era’s pony cars, by and large, fall under this umbrella. It’s true that Ford has the five-point-oh—a designation fairly soaked in Aqua Net, yet perhaps the only thing about the decade’s Stangs worth revisiting—but when it named its latest track-oriented model, it resurrected “Boss.” First appearing in 1969, Boss is cool. It’s a little intimidating, and it’s also Bruce Springsteen’s nickname. It sounds bad-***. Chevrolet’s 1LE? For the 17 people who were paying attention in 1988, it conjures memories of an option bundle that only made that year’s Camaro less bad. To the rest of us, it sounds like three randomly selected characters.
Although it still seems as though the designation had been plucked from an alphanumeric bingo bucket, 1LE has new significance for 2013 as an option package for manual-transmission Camaro SS models. It brings a host of upgrades ported from or inspired by the mighty ZL1. The pieces that make the most difference fall into the latter category, however, including the front anti-roll-bar mounting setup, 10-by-20-inch front wheels and 11-by-20-inch rears, and beefier half-shafts. The equipment pilfered directly from the ZL1 includes wheel bearings, toe links, rear shock mounts, the fuel pump, the flat-bottom steering wheel, the short-throw six-speed manual and its transmission cooler, and 285/35-20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G: 2 tires all around (the ZL1 gets 305/35-20 rubber at the rear). The beefy wheel-and-tire combo actually saves a total of 22 pounds of unsprung weight.

The 1LE package also comes with a shorter final-drive ratio of 3.91:1 versus the 3.45:1 rear end in the SS and adds monotube rear dampers—instead of the SS’s twin tubes—and a strut-tower brace. As for externals, Chevy engineers tell us that even though the 1LE’s splitter increases downforce in the front, the wider wheels generate enough lift to bring the 1LE right back in line with the SS. Out back, the SS’s lip spoiler carries over to 1LE cars.
<TABLE class=default border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=429><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Character Study
The 1LE exceeds its status as an option package in that it truly changes the character of the SS—and we’re not talking about the matte-black hood. (It’s a wrap, and it looks unfinished.) The difference becomes apparent when you throw the Camaro 1LE into a corner. Where the SS understeers, the 1LE darts toward apexes. The Camaro still feels like a behemoth—that problem is deeply rooted in its squinty greenhouse and a curb weight we estimate at 3900 pounds—but the newfound eagerness scrubs away its greatest dynamic flaw. The electronic power-steering system (standard on all SS models and shared with the ZL1) is a fine representative of the breed, with a progressive weighting and natural feel. The 1LE doesn’t represent as comprehensive a revision as does its direct competitor, the Boss 302, but neither is it quite as expensive.
For 2013, both the SS and 1LE equipped with manual transmissions offer a dual-mode exhaust system like that on the ZL1, where baffles open under increased load. The car we drove had it, and we wouldn’t recommend any Camaro owner try to live without it. For such a dramatically shaped vehicle, the SS sounds kind of wimpy. This exhaust gives the car more of the tympanic-membrane-shredding roar that makes the Corvette such an aural treat.
The 1LE’s sub-$40,000 starting point represents a premium of about 10 percent over the SS’s base sticker. For buyers whose Camaros will ever see track duty—or a 10Best-winning Boss 302 on a twisty road—it’s an investment in your own happiness. The 1LE name might not hark to the muscle-car heyday, but the car on which it’s affixed is good enough to make us remember an ’80s footnote a little more fondly. View Photo Gallery
<NAV class=mod>PHOTOS (23)

Last edited by Space; 08-03-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:50 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I thought this thread was gonna have awesome cars in it

Old 08-03-2012, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I thought this thread was gonna have awesome cars in it
...LoL you thought ? there U go think'in again LOL (U know that can `be dangeous) LOL

LoL `Mike(JG),
I knew when I was putting this thread 2gether that you would have a negative/funny comment ~> I noticed that you had posted & as soon as I seen your post I knew that it would not be a positive one (LOL) 4-Sure

I knew that you did not like Ferrari's & you sure are not a die-heart Chevy fan 4-Sure...

Yes, every car that is produced is not for everyone for sure, but I think that there are many that would love to own & drive both of the ones that are posted above.

I'm just thankful that they are still building exotic & performance rides to choose from. They are way out of my price range, but I still love reading/dreaming about them and watching the vid's that are made about them...Isn't it a great country/world we live & Enjoy Life ? Peace/Out from `Space..

^LOL-LOL^, Mine's better then yours , mine's bigger then yours , I like my color better then yours (LOL) Mine is faster then yours my mind has more room then yours 2, ~> cause it's just one big empty `space ...because I'm >
< click

OK, your turn

`Mike, please make your thread of awesome cars & create some activity on the MCF & give our member's something to read/see.... for your post, & also for starting our MCF `Blog everyday...We appreciate...

Last edited by Space; 08-03-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

The sound from that Ferrari is just..beautiful!

Old 08-03-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer Rose Rymer
The sound from that Ferrari is just..beautiful!

Hi `Jennifer, and thanks for your post I also love the sounds of power & the Ferrari's have a Super Sound 4-Sure.. It's my kinda music ( I don't need a radio if I had super super motor sounds 4-SURE)

Click for Super Sounds ~> EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 08-03-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Aston martin aston martin aston martin db9!!! lol!
My dreamer car as people know by now im sure lol!

Old 08-03-2012, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Aston martin aston martin aston martin db9!!! lol!
My dreamer car as people know by now im sure lol!

Yes, `Devin, it's one of my favorite auto dreams 4-Real + they sound super-super also
(Has anyone driving a car with right hand drive ?) I haven't, but I hope to try it some day...It has to be a weird sensation 4-real...

`Devin, wish you & member's a Super `Day & Super Dreams

Old 08-03-2012, 10:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

youre right that would be strange driving a right hand drive car! but interesting!
Thanks space! love seeing that car!

Old 08-03-2012, 04:15 PM

If You’re Feeling Sinister
The 2013 SRT Viper in the wind tunnel, via driveSRT’s Flickr.

2013 SRT Viper GTS - Driving - Engine Sound - Rev !!by RealMCR12136,006 views
<LI class=video-list-item>
Interior Design of the 2013 SRT Viperby DriveSRT27,318 views<LI class=video-list-item> Above posted 4 Mike (JG) & member's that like the bew SRT Viper GTS

Quick Reply: > Exotic Auto Dreamers Only + 2013 S.S. <