Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Exciting night here !

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 10:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default Exciting night here !

iT WAS AROUND 5 PM . Wife & I were eatting dinner when my phone rang. It never rings. I always get a text. ( DAVE) lol. But there was my next door neighbor's wife on the phone. She's talking loud. Rick someone is breaking into our house. I dropped what I was doing and ran next door thru the back yard. The sliding door was clsed but not all the way. So I opened it and walked in. No one there. So I opened the door leading to the garage. BINGO! One standing right there. I grabbed him by the shirt. The 2 other looked at me and ran out the back of the garage. This sort of big kid. Says we had premission to be here. I said from who! No one is here. They said his daughter's name. I said she's not here either. And moved him into the house. Where he started to cry and shake little he had to pee. Sir you have to let me go. I just got out of trouble! I said No way pal. Were waiting for the cops to get here. So sit down and shut up! My neighbors were at Sturgis Bike run. So 4 hrs later. We finally got to settle down and go home. Cops got the rest of the kids and a gile that were involved. So my friends had to leave the Worlds biggest bike run. To head home to check out the damages. They partied in there for a couple of days. Must have only did it during the day. Cause there was No lights on during the night. Place was trashed. But at least we have someone to blame all this one. Cops has 4 to 5 kids around the age of 13 to 15 yrs old. That 13 yr old I caught could have been 17 . He's a big kid for his age! Glad its over with. So watch out for your friends & neighbors while their gone. You just never know!

Old 08-09-2013, 11:15 AM

Hi Officer Rick,
You're a good neighbor & friend.
Did your neighbor have a alarm that calls her phone ?
Why did she call you & not the police ?
Did you have any weapon when you went over there ?
(I know U know how to handle yourself, but there's some
crazys out there in life with weapons.

I'm just happy that you got them & that the police can
deal with these misguided/lost kids.
Glad you are OK 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 08-09-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

No a neighbor on the other side saw a kid go into the house thru the sliding door. No I didn't take a weapon. They were kids!! But I did put the FEAR of God into him. I told him don;t move or its going to get real Bad for you. Believe me he wasn't going any where. I thought he was going to **** his pants. I thought about letting him go to the bathroom. But said screw that. You know what you did. Then the cops showed up about 10 mins later.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 AM

Wow that is crazy. Glad to hear your ok and that no one was hurt. Glad to hear they caught the other kids too.

Great Job

Old 08-09-2013, 11:34 AM

Thanks `Rick for more details....But I believe in todays world that you have to be super careful....Kids have & carry weapons 4-Sure...

I'm just happy that it ended safely 4Real...

Really it's a sad story that a person can't leave their homes without worrying about someone breaking in & thrashing/stealing everything they have worked hard for

Growing `up, we never locked our doors or cars...Now we `do...
Our world is changing & not in the right direction...
Wish you & member's a safe/happy day

Old 08-09-2013, 11:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Job Rick, glad it turned out good.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

nice job, I like to think that when I go out of town my neighbours keep an eye out for my place like you did for yours.

Nothing worse than a feeling of violation when someone has entered your property against your wishes. Some kids broke in to my car one night and tore everything out of the glove box and center console, basically looking for change and no one saw or heard a thing. The only luck part is that I had my guitar amplifier and pedal board as well as all cables and assorted things and they didn't bother to open the trunk so I consider myself lucky for that

Last edited by ohara; 08-09-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Would have loved to see that kid's face, lol.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow nice work rick, how did your neighbor find out someone was in their house?

Old 08-09-2013, 05:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Walking into something like that, wow, lucky it sounds like you weren't in any real harm! Walking in on a situation like that, who knows what those kids could have had or been doing! That sucks for your neighbors, but thanks to you and everything working out well, you got to deliver one of the kids to blame for this (and I'm sure he ratted out his friends).

Great work, glad you were not hurt in the process!

Quick Reply: Exciting night here !