Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: >Everyone Check In Please >Saturday, January 18, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 08:25 AM

There is 12-20 inches of ice it's been pretty cold this winter. Hoping to pull in some crappie and walleye. Had good luck last week. Hope it's the same. Shouldnt be too cold do I'm hoping for a long productive day. We got 6" inches of fresh snow so I can't take the Monte out to test the intake I installed last night might as well be fishing. Lol

Old 01-18-2014, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile >EnJoy your Journey's of `Life 4-Sure<

Thanks `Dan for your reply. Do you drive onto the lake or do you have to walk out ? I would love to try ice fishing in my future. What do you use for bait ? Wish you a good catch & a safe & happy day with your son...

* I hope you get some clear roads in the near future to enjoy your new intake. We's Blog'in this morning 4-Sure...Whose next to hit some keys & let us know what's happening in your life & Monte
...What R U doing ? I'm working, but hope to get off in the next few hours & enjoy my day/life...What are you doing today/this weekend ?

Old 01-18-2014, 08:49 AM

I have been ice fishing all my life but I still dont like driving on the ice. We usually walk out or snowmobile. They have roads plowed out on most the lakes so it's not tough walking. Ice fishing is great if you have a good heater and ice house. I use the same things I use for summer fishing. Minnows wax worms and leeches. The first time you pull up a big walleye or northern through the hole you would be "hooked" for life.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Smile

Thanks again `Dan for posting/sharing. I'm sure I would get addicted. I love fishing & love eating them 4-Sure...
Wish you a good catch & a safe & happy day...Your son is lucky to have a father that spends time with him.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Default Lazy Day

I'm being lazy today.
Got a wee bit of snow this morning here in Ajax, but not interested in shoveling.
Nice to have a lazy day. We've spent all our weekends, holidays and spare time for the last 2-1/2 months on a kitchen renovation. Not quite finished.
Custom ordered drawers aren't here yet, plus handles for cabinets are still shipping there way here.

The MonteSS is running great, got Oil changed yesterday and new cabinet filter is sitting here, but car is covered in snow

Old 01-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning All,
I would liked to publicly Thank Damien, (Crusader SS) for an offer he made to assist me with a personally dilemma. Although I did not except because things are soon to turn around.
But I thought it should be known that Members like Damien, who act from the heart, who care, are what makes MCF a great site to be a member of. MCF is afFamily of members who care not only about Monte Carlo's but about the people who own them. Damian is a Great example of the type of people We here at MCF are!!!!!

Old 01-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Thumbs up >Thanks for checking in & posting<

Originally Posted by TomF106SS
I'm being lazy today.
Got a wee bit of snow this morning here in Ajax, but not interested in shoveling.
Nice to have a lazy day. We've spent all our weekends, holidays and spare time for the last 2-1/2 months on a kitchen renovation. Not quite finished.
Custom ordered drawers aren't here yet, plus handles for cabinets are still shipping there way here.

The MonteSS is running great, got Oil changed yesterday and new cabinet filter is sitting here, but car is covered in snow

Hi `Tom, thanks for checking in with your Monte Carlo Family
Yes, it's great to read that you can have a Lazy Day & just kick back & enjoy. Admin `Jason is also is remodeling his home & I think his bathroom was his last project.

*+ it's great to read that your Monte is running `great...EnJoy your Lazy Weekend

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
Good Morning All,
I would liked to publicly Thank Damien, (Crusader SS) for an offer he made to assist me with a personally dilemma. Although I did not except because things are soon to turn around.
But I thought it should be known that Members like Damien, who act from the heart, who care, are what makes MCF a great site to be a member of. MCF is afFamily of members who care not only about Monte Carlo's but about the people who own them. Damian is a Great example of the type of people We here at MCF are!!!!!

Hi J.C., thanks for your post/words about `Damien >Kudo's<
We are fortunate to have so many super dedicated great member's in our Monte Carlo Family 4-Real >.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!
Space:
Thanks for starting our day with the Daily Blog!

Keane:
That's Great news! as I have always been told..No news...is Good news!
Keep up the good work!

Taz: (lou)
70# Battery wow how many CCA's is it? or how many volts?
Sounds like a friggn truck (semi) Battery!

Dan:
I use to love to go ice fishing! But I was one of the carzies that would drive my car on the ice...lol Almost lost one in the 70's in lake saint clair...
We were on our way home running across the ice around 30 mph hitting snow drifts..Found a really big good one...drove straight in the middle of it,
and wham we started sinking almost immediately... Fortunately it didn't go all the way in... it stopped at the frame..but we all bailed out the windows (It was an old 4 dodge fury) lol It cost me $350.00 to get it towed out of the hole and off the ice... (It sat there over night....)Luckily it started right up and was a bumpy ride home with everything pretty much froze up...except the motor and trans.. Great looking fish by the way!

JC:
That's why were here! We are the family friendliest Monte Carlo Family on the Planet!
Its great to hear that one member was able to help another not only with his Monte but his personal life as well!

As Tad mentioned earlier we will be getting together in Lansing for a Michigan Monte Meeting... Its around a 1 1/2 hr drive for me to get there...but I will be takeing my Silverado incase the weather gets a bit Hinky!...
Tad, Matt, Ryan, Tim...see ya later tonight!
Have a Great Day/Weekend EV1!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 01-18-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:51 AM

Hi Mod `David,
Thanks for your words & post. It's great that you can get together with Tadd & Member's. Wish you a safe & fun trip...

I hope someone takes pictures & shares. EnJoy your day & drive

Old 01-18-2014, 10:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi Mod `David,
Thanks for your words & post. It's great that you can get together with Tadd & Member's. Wish you a safe & fun trip...

I hope someone takes pictures & shares. EnJoy your day & drive
Space:
Yw!
By the way don't know how "Picture" worthy it will be...we plan on meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings...lol

I will see what I can do!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: >Everyone Check In Please >Saturday, January 18, 2014